Sponsored

What design elements that you didn't like in pics, won you over in person?

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
There have been several design elements that were disliked or controversial in the photos of the car over the last several months.

For me it would be:

1)The monocolor tri-bar logo and pony on the V6 rear end. I actually was surprised to like it a lot in person. I stil prefer the EB and GT versions, but it not only didn't look bad to me, it looked good.

2)GT raised spoiler. I was 100% in the spoiler delete camp. Now I'm not so sure. I still think spoiler delete is the safe choice because the car looks awesome without it. But after seeing the slightly raised yet agressive looking spoiler on 2 GTs, I was pleasantly surpised to kind of like it. I don't like the more subtle one I've seen (ecoboost or verts maybe?)

3)Ford logo in windshield. I never disliked this but wasn't sure. I saw it and I love it. Looks fresh and very subtle. Unless you're looking you won't even notice it really. I like the Ford logo anyway but I'm glad its confined to this spot. Cool feature. Having a hard time finding a pic of this for some reason.

Which design elements that you originally did not like in pictures did you change your mind on once seeing in person? Please share with pic.
Sponsored

DeColores

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB DD V6 w UltraGripICE THULE Chains
Great question.

Back seat is a lot better: Most photo show the front seat touching it, and that's how I will drive in most of the time, but I can be 5 inches forward when needed.

Headlight, Fog-lights: in photos they look like a ocean creatures from miles under, in person they look great.

PP Black wheels: still don't like them, but the hate ended in person.

Button Start: Thought was silly, in person just made me smile.

Air flow scoop next to fog-lights: Seemed faux tech in photos, think it is real now that I saw it.

Aluminum toggles: thought we gimmick in photos, wish they we going to be in our V6.

Power passenger seat: Really really thought we wanted it until we had to wait for power seat crawled back and forth for rear passenger. Now I'm glad our v6 only has power driver seats.

Side Mirrors: photos looked ok, too small in person like to see euro side mirrors.

Sheet metal: I thought I knew every inch via the photos, but there is a lot of delightful details in real life. For example at the base of the fastback window the metal goes about 3 inches to a soft but wonderful crease that pays homage to the 65 fastback's soft crease there.

Thanks again,

DeColores

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
The entire back end. Lights, angle, shape, size and all. Pictures make it look larger. In person, the back end is small, svelt, shapely and nicely tapered. I can't stress how much in person the rear end looks NOTHING like any pictures I've ever seen

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
The entire back end. Lights, angle, shape, size and all. Pictures make it look larger. In person, the back end is small, svelt, shapely and nicely tapered. I can't stress how much in person the rear end looks NOTHING like any pictures I've ever seen
I was going to say this. I thought Ford made a huge mistake with the rear styling, but in person it looks sleek like the rest of the car. I still don't love the rear, but it is much better in person.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was going to say this. I thought Ford made a huge mistake with the rear styling, but in person it looks sleek like the rest of the car. I still don't love the rear, but it is much better in person.

Funny. I hate it in pictures but fell head over heels in love when I saw in person at a training event. Only then did I know it was love.

Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The 20" optional wheels and Ruby Red. I think they both look subpar in photos but they were great looking when I saw the combination today.

OP
OP

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
Funny I loved the rear from the instant I saw a sketch in one of the mags to the first pics. I don't think it looks much different in person but I can say it's easily my favorite part of the car and the best looking rear on any Mustang ever for me. The front end took much more time to grow on me but not the rear.

mj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 Fords, 1 Mazda, 1 Mercury
I didn't think I would, but I really like the smaller EB/V6 spoiler. With the rear of these cars being so low, it provides a little relief.

Reminds me of the spoiler on my old 95 Contour SE -- subtle.

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
Only issue I have is the back is curved as a whole. I wish it would have been straight like the 05-09 Saleen rear end.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Only issue I have is the back is curved as a whole. I wish it would have been straight like the 05-09 Saleen rear end.
Having the flat rear creates more drag...the rounded or curved rear is able to dissipate the drag forces better

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Like I have said before, to each his own. To me, those year saleens are some of the ugliest rear ends of all times. Eclipsed only by the c7 then c5 vettes. In that order.

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
Honestly, I hated the rear end seeing it from all the glammed up photos with top down perspectives. In person from ground level it's amazing.

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
Having the flat rear creates more drag...the rounded or curved rear is able to dissipate the drag forces better
Ah thanks it makes more sense that way.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
PP, Front Brakes, Line lock

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!