Sponsored

Do Not Buy A Used car!!!!!

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
I sold my '19 base GT a few weeks ago. The dealership has it listed for $44k. It's lunacy.
I sold by 19' Bullitt back to the dealer a month ago, they had it listed for 52K
Sponsored

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
I agree 110% it's a terrible time to buy unless you need a car...and with that said I'm a terrible influence for taking my roommate to check out a '13 Boss 302 up for sale at a local dealer xD. I think he overpaid a bit at $42k, but not horrendous for it being a special edition. Drives nice and seems like it's in decent shape minus some cosmetic stuff. He had the chance to walk so that's all on him, so far he loves it vs. his late 90s Ranger that's constantly breaking.

Also at the same dealer, they had a '19 GT PP1 with 12k miles for $42k. I was interested, but I think OTD price would be too high since I still owe quite a bit on mine. Same case with a '17 RS we got in on trade. Bought for $34k, selling for $41K with 34k miles.

Hopefully prices level out or deflate somewhere after Christmas/New Years, that's my guess. I still want a house and this 🤬 canceled that for now.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
When these chips are made and put into vehicles in the next three months, the market will see a massive flood of cars needing to be sold. Prices will crash, 84-96 month zero interest loans are coming. Just the laws of supply and demand. Just wait it out.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
When these chips are made and put into vehicles in the next three months, the market will be aassive flood if cars needing to be sold. Prices will crash, 84-96 month zero interest loans are coming. Just the laws of supply and demand. Just wait it out.
Totally agree. Wish I had patience to wait it out but already have order in for new GTCS. At 64 I have a limited shelf life! 2020 was a bad year for my family and life is just too short 😃

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Totally agree. Wish I had patience to wait it out but already have order in for new GTCS. At 64 I have a limited shelf life! 2020 was a bad year for my family and life is just too short 😃
Sorry to hear of your pain this past year. Live life to its fullest for we never know when our time card expires. Good luck and Stay Frosty My Friend, as one famous rockers use to say.

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear of your pain this past year. Live life to its fullest for we never know when our time card expires. Good luck and Stay Frosty My Friend, as one famous rockers use to say.
Thanks. I’m sure I’m not the only one on this forum that had a bad year. Puts everything in perspective. Sometimes you just need to put things in the rear view and plow ahead. 😃

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
The word "no" goes a long way in business. If you are willing to walk away, that tips the scales in your favor.

Most people are impatient and in a hurry which is why they get a less than optimal deal. I have been up until midnight negotiating terms for a car with a dealer who though because I drove 125 miles meant I would accept any terms.

Airborne5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I feel like when people are saying they made money, or drove the car for free, they are forgetting the taxes paid to the government when they purchased the vehicle.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Yeah I'm afraid that I'll feel the same way if I sell my car. Not sure when prices will settle but I can't wait too long. 👀

Sponsored

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Yeah I was gonna sell it about 2 months ago. I'm still trying to "sell" it. I can't do it, I gotta hear that cold start in the morning, it keeps me motivated to drive to work and other places 😄 the 7-8k I could make don't mean shit to me really.

ramairgt1

15 GT PP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whippled '20 Mustang GT PP2
Don't everyone panic . Things Will get back to normal unless we have a WAR ! i BOUGHT A NEW HOUSE IN 1982 @ 16 1/2 % INTEREST WITH 10% DOWN PYMT.. SON JUST BOUGHT NEW HOME @ 3.7% INTERST ON A 15 YR LOAN ................. in '83 MY CD'S @ Bank were 12% return . Now if you find 1 % @ a local bank you are LUCKY . Everyone take a deep breath and enjoy your MUSTANGS . Junqdawg

Thats a terrbile rate for a 15 year loan. Mine is less for a 30 year loan.
Sponsored