Sponsored

Disconnect tweeters with Infinity reference mids?

Wookie107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
First post, but long time lurker. This is on my 2021 GT. Last weekend I disconnected the center dash speaker, and this weekend I took the forscan plunge and disabled the factory EQ. The radio definitely sounds better! It sounds much better than my 2017 f150! Side note, when I disabled the EQ my chimes were terribly loud through the speakers, so I used the non-as built IPC and changed the chimes through the dash.
Iā€™d like to upgrade the mids, maybe tweeters too? Besides focal, Iā€™m not sure what other component mids are available or recommended. Iā€™ve seen on crutchfield the infinity reference 2-way mids fit. Iā€˜m only looking to spend around $200-$300. I donā€™t think itā€™s wise to have two sets of tweeters? If I get the infinitys, should I disconnect the a pillar tweets? Will the sound be notably different with the 2-ways with the tweeter in the door? Would there be any special crossovers or wiring that would need to happen?
Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Did you ever do any of this, and if so, what was your experience?

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
First post, but long time lurker. This is on my 2021 GT. Last weekend I disconnected the center dash speaker, and this weekend I took the forscan plunge and disabled the factory EQ. The radio definitely sounds better! It sounds much better than my 2017 f150! Side note, when I disabled the EQ my chimes were terribly loud through the speakers, so I used the non-as built IPC and changed the chimes through the dash.
Iā€™d like to upgrade the mids, maybe tweeters too? Besides focal, Iā€™m not sure what other component mids are available or recommended. Iā€™ve seen on crutchfield the infinity reference 2-way mids fit. Iā€˜m only looking to spend around $200-$300. I donā€™t think itā€™s wise to have two sets of tweeters? If I get the infinitys, should I disconnect the a pillar tweets? Will the sound be notably different with the 2-ways with the tweeter in the door? Would there be any special crossovers or wiring that would need to happen?
Hey, did you have any issue signing up for forscan? I want to do the same thing but had issues trying to join forscan
Sponsored