Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Hi,

When I use the recirculation function of the climate control, it almost always turns itself off after some time. Is there any way of disabling that? I want the recirculation to stay on until I turn it off manually (or until I turn off the car - I wouldn't mind if it reset upon the next start).
Is this possible? At first glance ForScan doesn't seem to be an option, because in the list of modules I can't see anything related to the climate control. So, maybe there are other options? How is the automatic shutoff triggered, and can we trick it somehow?

Thank you.
Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
My recirclation feature always stay on. Were you switching from AC to heat? Or enabling windshield/mirror defrost? Or using the auto feature.

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
No, at first I thought it was just my imagination, I thought I may have done something that caused it to turn off, but now I'm pretty confident that it turns itself off. But it doesn't always do it, and when it does, it's not always after the same amount of time, so it doesn't seem to be time-based.
It's always in Auto mode.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
No, at first I thought it was just my imagination, I thought I may have done something that caused it to turn off, but now I'm pretty confident that it turns itself off. But it doesn't always do it, and when it does, it's not always after the same amount of time, so it doesn't seem to be time-based.
It's always in Auto mode.
ive only notice mine change when i enable auto or enable defrost of some sort. Maybe auto turns it off after some set condition.

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
As nobody else seems to have mentioned this before, and you also don't have it, I wonder if may be specific to European vehicles. Or to export vehicles in general.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
As nobody else seems to have mentioned this before, and you also don't have it, I wonder if may be specific to European vehicles. Or to export vehicles in general.
I cant help you sorry, it's an option that I very rarely use, if at all.

I like to evacuate the smell of my farts as quickly as possible rather than savour them with the re-circulation mode ... :cwl:

WD :like:

Hooch180

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maciej
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 5.0 (EU)
What would be the benefit of leaving it on recirculation all the time?

I understand to have it on when you want to drop the temperature using AC quickly in the summer. But once temperature stabilizes I turn it off to have fresh air from outside.

It also helps getting rid of moisture inside the car.

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I don't intend to leave it on recirculation all the time. I will turn it off eventually. But I want to turn it off myself, when I decide to. I don't want the car to decide for me.
I use the recirculation when I'm stuck in slow-moving traffic behind some stinky truck, or bus, or diesel-powered Volkswagen, or something like that.

peoples1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
I don’t think that you can control the recir and use auto. The auto has logic built in to the programming on when to use recirculating and not to based on target temps and actual temps.

I mean you can turn it off or on, but the next time the auto function has triggering event it will override.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
It shuts off after like 10 minutes on my USA model. I run a breather filter and it will pull that smell into cabin if recirc is not on. Notice it more in colder air with heat on. Would love for it to stay in recirc with heat on... Subscribed.

Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I don’t think that you can control the recir and use auto. The auto has logic built in to the programming on when to use recirculating and not to based on target temps and actual temps.

I mean you can turn it off or on, but the next time the auto function has triggering event it will override.
Yeah, in my short experience with the car certain functions will remove the recirc. My Accord "auto" was the same way. I just now leave it in auto and toggle to what temp I want, and let the robot figure the rest out.

Hooch180

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maciej
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 5.0 (EU)
I don't intend to leave it on recirculation all the time. I will turn it off eventually. But I want to turn it off myself, when I decide to. I don't want the car to decide for me.
I use the recirculation when I'm stuck in slow-moving traffic behind some stinky truck, or bus, or diesel-powered Volkswagen, or something like that.
Car has distinct AUTO and MANUAL mode. If you want to have full control without "smarts" just don't use AUTO. If you want AUTO then accept that car will manage climate control for you (and frankly do a good job of it).

There is no AUTO-BUT mode.

TomW801

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hi,

it has nothing to do with auto mode. My EU-spec 2017 GT does that, too (annoyingly) and my climate is in manual mode 99,9% of the time.

It happens after some time, even if you do not touch any controls. Noticed it when driving a long trip in hot weather (35C/95F). To stay cool without the fan blowing like crazy, I activated recirc and it kept turning off after a while.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My car behaves the opposite way. I always have HVAC in manual mode, and when I engage A/C, the damn thing always turns recirc ON, and I don't want recirc on. Wish there was a way to prevent that. My other cars have a 'defrost logic' mode, which when engaged, leaves the HVAC in fully manual mode when not in auto, but I don't think this car has that.

Finally, I think basically all cars with electronic climate control eventually turn off recirc, since it can cause stale air inside the car. I hardly ever use recirc, so I can't tell if my car eventually turns it off, but I assume so. And it's not a bad thing :).
Sponsored