Diode Dynamics Switchback Bulb Installation - Major Improvement

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
I'm sorry to hear that you aren't satisfied with their appearance

If you'd like to return them for a refund, please feel free to give us a call: (314) 205-3033

They are definitely not "Autozone-ish" in quality, and the color temperatures for our products are very accurate.

The fog lights, DRLs, and OEM HID's are all different colors from the factory.

Here's a recent comparison on a 2014 Ford Raptor with 4300K OEM HID's and our 4000K HP24's:

The factory projector makes the 4300K appear to have much more color

Nick C.
Nick, thanks for the offer.

I never meant to imply the bulbs were cheap, just the mismatched colors look cheap. I was (and still am) impressed by the quality of the bulbs... top notch for sure.

If I wanted to pick up a set of warmer switchbacks, what would you charge me? I could source my own 194s (or whatever size those guys were)?

Thanks.

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Nick, thanks for the offer.

I never meant to imply the bulbs were cheap, just the mismatched colors look cheap. I was (and still am) impressed by the quality of the bulbs... top notch for sure.

If I wanted to pick up a set of warmer switchbacks, what would you charge me? I could source my own 194s (or whatever size those guys were)?

Thanks.
Give us a call and we will assist you with an exchange: (314) 205-3033

I'll talk to our customer service team :thumbsup:

Nick C.

christiano1245

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
christian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base gt with PP
This is the definition of great customer service!! Never in my life have I heard of a company that will give a refund for an item that has been used and is still being used. Great customer service I will continue to use you guys for all my lighting . If you want them to look more uniform try tinting the front lights it does wonders and looks nice.

TJP719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium AT
This is the definition of great customer service!! Never in my life have I heard of a company that will give a refund for an item that has been used and is still being used. Great customer service I will continue to use you guys for all my lighting . If you want them to look more uniform try tinting the front lights it does wonders and looks nice.

I was going to say mine are tinted maybe thats why the switchback doesn't appear to be so much brighter.

Agree on the service, had an issue with one of my bulbs and Nick and the rest of the staff at Diode are extremely responsive and helpful!

Sponsored

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So what is the closest color temperature for the switchbacks to the DRL's? I'm getting confused here with the different temperatures from the factory and you guys saying the DRL's look purple.

Basically I want the closest match possible and ready to pull the trigger on Friday on a full interior set, switchback kit, and reverse lights.

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Waiting for my switchback kit to arrive. Looking forward to installing them!

aiiye

The Guy From The Thing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I ordered mine a while ago and am still waiting on my car :(

Since Nick is killing it on the customer service front, maybe he can hijack my train and speed my car to me? ;)

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Following: I talked to Paul at Diode today, went with the 6000k bulbs plus full interior and reverse lights. I think once I tint the lights it won't look off much if at all.

Thanks again Paul! You were very helpful!

Sponsored

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
Anyone else have pics of their installed switchbacks they'd like to share? I'm looking to possibly order a set in the next few weeks.

aiiye

The Guy From The Thing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium

Matches the 6000k lights everywhere else too

Plus the gallop is pretty cool:headbang:

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium

Matches the 6000k lights everywhere else too

Plus the gallop is pretty cool:headbang:
Thank you, which color option is this?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I'm a little confused. Which color (number) is best to match the headlight and foglight? When I turn on my lights, the switchback bulb is definitely more blue than the other lights. Would the 5000 or 4300 match the headlights, DRLs and fog lights better? When I ordered mine (3/30) there wasn't an option to select the color.
Sponsored