Diode Dynamics Sequential Turn Signal

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Has anyone installed these? I just finished installing their kit along with the ZL1 front row hook.

Everything went smoothly and functions as it should with exception to the interior blinking. The inside is blinking 3 times fast in a pattern going along with the 3 sequential lights outside.

I just emailed them a video of it but with the holiday weekend, don't expect to hear back for a few days at least.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alfredo
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I have these on my 350. Got them when they first came out 2 years ago. I also got the DRL harness. I’ve had zero issues with them. Don’t know why your interior is blinking that fast. My interior turn marker blinks at the same speed as before.

Rock50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
That change in blinking rate on the cluster is the bulb out warning. Can be disabled with Forscan, but yeah, shouldn't be happening with these.

OP
OP
Blwnsmoke

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I have these on my 350. Got them when they first came out 2 years ago. I also got the DRL harness. I’ve had zero issues with them. Don’t know why your interior is blinking that fast. My interior turn marker blinks at the same speed as before.
I noticed their instructions are wrong now. It seems they updated their harnesses. The DRL harness has a single wire (purple wire) below that now plugs into a single wire coming out of the light. You no longer have to punch a hole out of the plug and install an additional wire. But the instruction state to do it.

20220416_205737_resized.jpg
20220416_205719_resized.jpg

One thing I do not like is the grey plug that was the corner marker light is no longer in use. This is now exposed to the elements. They should have included a dummy plug to snap into it so water doesn't get in and corrode it.

20220416_205813_resized.jpg

OP
OP
Blwnsmoke

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
That change in blinking rate on the cluster is the bulb out warning. Can be disabled with Forscan, but yeah, shouldn't be happening with these.
Do you know where it is in Forscan? I've used Forscan already on it for other changes but not sure where to go to cancel the bulb out. I'll google it tomorrow as I am done for the night working on this.

Thanks!!

On edit, I was impatient and needed to find it now lol. So I believe this is it. Now just waiting on a new license for Forscan.

https://ohptools.com/blogs/news/how...turn-signal-on-your-ford-mustang-with-forscan

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blwnsmoke

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Well this thread can be killed.

Forscan fixed the hyper flash so all is good now.

Thanks for the help everyone.

jtrinkle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L.
Has anyone installed these? I just finished installing their kit along with the ZL1 front row hook.

Everything went smoothly and functions as it should with exception to the interior blinking. The inside is blinking 3 times fast in a pattern going along with the 3 sequential lights outside.

I just emailed them a video of it but with the holiday weekend, don't expect to hear back for a few days at least.

I added these to my 19 Bullitt and after about 4 months they have just started doing this I have not had a chance to call Diode Dynamics yet. I ordered mine directly from DD I just looked today and see they are no longer available.

OP
OP
Blwnsmoke

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I added these to my 19 Bullitt and after about 4 months they have just started doing this I have not had a chance to call Diode Dynamics yet. I ordered mine directly from DD I just looked today and see they are no longer available.
They sent me a new pair to swap out but I'm not going to. The car is all back together and not taking it all part again. I used forscan and shut off the hyper flash so all is good.

jtrinkle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
They sent me a new pair to swap out but I'm not going to. The car is all back together and not taking it all part again. I used forscan and shut off the hyper flash so all is good.
Just so you know I noticed one day mine did this the turn signal was frozen yellow and not flashing. I only saw it because of the reflection from the car in front of me. Myself I think they have a heat issue because I did not have any issues till it started getting warm. The first time it did it was the right side but now it does it on the left side. It was not doing it this morning but now that it has warmed up it has started again.

OP
OP
Blwnsmoke

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Just so you know I noticed one day mine did this the turn signal was frozen yellow and not flashing. I only saw it because of the reflection from the car in front of me. Myself I think they have a heat issue because I did not have any issues till it started getting warm. The first time it did it was the right side but now it does it on the left side. It was not doing it this morning but now that it has warmed up it has started again.
Question, do you get a high pitched sound when they are on (example, when your ears are ringing after a concert for a bit)? I have it coming from them and I have the same high pitch coming from their rear 4th brake light kit.

Beginning to think something with my car is causing the sound being both front and rear does it when lit up.

They sent me a few replacement bulbs that didn't make a difference and a full kit as well for the rear 4th light.

Sponsored

jtrinkle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Question, do you get a high pitched sound when they are on (example, when your ears are ringing after a concert for a bit)? I have it coming from them and I have the same high pitch coming from their rear 4th brake light kit.

Beginning to think something with my car is causing the sound being both front and rear does it when lit up.

They sent me a few replacement bulbs that didn't make a difference and a full kit as well for the rear 4th light.
I have not heard anything like that but I will start paying attention. My Son works at the Dodge dealer and he is the one that noticed the the frozen signal. It's nice having him because when I want something done that requires a lift they will let him do it at work and it does not cost me anything. I did not do the 4th break light I went with the 800 lumen backup bulb because of my tinted windows I thought it might help at night. That thing will blind you.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
I have had mine on for a year, the blinking indicator blinks at normal speed. I am sure they come with a load ballast to prevent the led lights from causing a Hyperflash. Good Luck

jtrinkle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I have had mine on for a year, the blinking indicator blinks at normal speed. I am sure they come with a load ballast to prevent the led lights from causing a Hyperflash. Good Luck
I just noticed they are no longer listed on Diode Dynamics web page so I assume they have been discontinued. When I ordered mine it took 4 months to get them.

OP
OP
Blwnsmoke

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

jtrinkle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)