Diode dynamic 4th brake light

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Question for those who have this kit. Received the kit in December, the pin would not snap in (red wire) to the factory harness. DD sent me a new pin (took 19 days, than you USPS).

Cut off old pin, crimped new and installed just fine. Now the LED bulb hums on lower brightness (parking lights on, not bright like stepping on brake).

Contacted DD, they shipped a replacement bulb. Took 13 days this time and when I opened the package, they sent an all white bulb (this bulb hummed too).

Contacted DD again, sent me a whole new kit 2 day shipping (took 4 days) and again, new bulb hums.

DD says it isn't normal but the wiring is simple, one red wire and factory harness.

Anyone who has this kit had this issue? I have a hard time believing it is 3 bad bulbs. Maybe bad harness that pigtails to the rear taillights? My plan is to fuly replace it and see if that solves it.

Ideas? Thoughts?

I don't want this constant loud him the whole time my parking lights are on.

Video link

Sponsored

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
Not sure what year and model car you have but assume its a pre 19 GT350. The following was on Diode Dynamics web site for this kit. Dont know what the difference would be between 18 and eariler to 19 and later.

NOTE: This module is compatible with USDM models only - it is not compatible with EU/AU Mustangs or 2019+ GT350 models.

Make: Ford
Model: Mustang
Years: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
Electrical Compatibility: No electrical issues (tested and confirmed)

OP
OP
Blwnsmoke

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Not sure what year and model car you have but assume its a pre 19 GT350. The following was on Diode Dynamics web site for this kit. Dont know what the difference would be between 18 and eariler to 19 and later.

NOTE: This module is compatible with USDM models only - it is not compatible with EU/AU Mustangs or 2019+ GT350 models.

Make: Ford
Model: Mustang
Years: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
Electrical Compatibility: No electrical issues (tested and confirmed)
Thanks for that info but it is a 2018 so it eliminates that.

Last edited:

BadHabit2Break

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
So I just got this for Christmas. Installed it per their instructions and had the same issue with the red wire pin not fitting, and it set off my CEL.

Contacted them about the CEL issue, and they shipped me a full replacement. Issue is resolved.

As far as the red wire pin, CJ Pony Parts did a video install, and come to find out there is a green rubber grommet in the OEM connector. Need to remove it so the red wire can connect in the OEM connector.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blwnsmoke

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
So I just got this for Christmas. Installed it per their instructions and had the same issue with the red wire pin not fitting, and it set off my CEL.

Contacted them about the CEL issue, and they shipped me a full replacement. Issue is not resolved.

As far as the red wire pin, CJ Pony Parts did a video install, and come to find out there is a green rubber grommet in the OEM connector. Need to remove it so the red wire can connect in the OEM connector.

I was aware of the green plug. The instructions state to remove it. Still same issue. I just received a whole new kit they sent me and replaced the bulb and the full harness. Still same issue.

They asked for the QR code off the back of both for engineering to check it out.

They are currently on backorder now due to material shortages so I put the rear panel back on and will wait for another whole kit.

This only happens on low red brightness (parking lights as mentioned). No hum from the white portion when in reverse or when applying the brake.

They state they have never encountered it before.

To be continued..

BadHabit2Break

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
I was aware of the green plug. The instructions state to remove it. Still same issue. I just received a whole new kit they sent me and replaced the bulb and the full harness. Still same issue.

They asked for the QR code off the back of both for engineering to check it out.

They are currently on backorder now due to material shortages so I put the rear panel back on and will wait for another whole kit.

This only happens on low red brightness (parking lights as mentioned). No hum from the white portion when in reverse or when applying the brake.

They state they have never encountered it before.

To be continued..
Yeah, they said the same thing about my CEL issue.
Sponsored