Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
16 White GT Vert GT PP Roush Stg1 M'flow ctbck
I own a 2016 GT 'vert with a Roush Stage One with Magnaflow cat back. I am looking at a 2020 GT coupe, with also with a Roush SC. Both are 6-speed, leather interior, Performance Pack cars.

What are the big differences between the '16 and '20 models - both positive and negative?

I am aware of the active exhaust, Magneride and 30 HP increase in the '20. And I've noticed, but not studied, the differences between the dashboard appearance on (some of) the latter cars. I prefer the 2016 dash look to whatever that race-track appearance /option(?). Is the MT-82 improved in the '20 over the '16? Did the engine get any (quality) improvements? Please fill me in! Thank you, I appreciate the help!
Sponsored

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48
I'm no expert, but I do own a '20. The MT82 in the '20 is the D4 version, which had some shifter fork issues at first that were corrected by the '20 model year. I'm not sure, but I think the gear ratios are different than the '16 had. Some of the engine differences between the Gen2 and the Gen3 are that the Gen3 has both port and direct injection, higher compression, improved flow intake manifold, PTWA cylinder lining (and true 5.0 displacement), revised heads, bigger valves, among other changes. Oh, and the oil pan is made of composite material. Other drivetrain changes include a dual-mass flywheel and twin disc clutch. I don't know what differential the '16 has, but the '20 PP has a 3.73 Torsen. Those are the things that I can think of off the top of my head. Maybe someone with more knowlege will weigh in...

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra