Sponsored

Did I screw up my mustang?

RiceNChicken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hey everyone. So to make a long story short. I'm in the process of turning my car for e85. Everything was going great following the instructions per tuner until I got to the process he needed me to empty out my gas tank to fill up e85 with the flex tune flashed. Did all of that let the car idle and rev hold for 15+ minutes and reach alch% to around 60-70%. Did all that, drove around to get the alch learn flag to go to 1(20+miles).

That never happened so I just shut the car off. Next day it failed to start, got it jump started. Drove around a bit to get it to learn the alch, never happened. So I turned it off. Here I am the day after trying to turn it on and the car fails to start. So i scan for codes and i have 3, P05A1, P0607, P06E9. Could the e85 fuel killed the battery? Extremely frustrated at this point because this being my first stang and me going through the tuning process for the first time i hoped it would have gone smooth.

Also want to point out that my AFR was fluctuating between 11>23.9%, which typically with e85 should be 9%?
Sponsored

OP
OP

RiceNChicken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Who is your tuner
Not going to point out any names specifically but it's tuned by Lund on LTH, intake, CBE. The car is my daily and not having access to it and my tuner not being available during weekends doesn't help.

OlTexastang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 VB GT PP1
Well it’s definitely an issue your tuner will have to address, others that have been through this process may chime in with some help. I would say that the Battery might be an issue if it’s not providing full voltage jmo.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I'm no tuner, but those codes seem serious. PCM codes, right?
Maybe the tune didn't apply itself because you shut the car off early? I'm sure LUND will get you back on track. One of the top tuners out there.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Sponsored

OP
OP

RiceNChicken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'm no tuner, but those codes seem serious. PCM codes, right?
Maybe the tune didn't apply itself because you shut the car off early? I'm sure LUND will get you back on track. One of the top tuners out there.

Good luck and keep us posted.
They are DTC codes, ended up reaching out to my tuner on FB so hopefully it's something I can get sorted out on monday since the car is my daily. Appreciate the input guys, will update on status hopefully soon.

ThatGuy5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hey everyone. So to make a long story short. I'm in the process of turning my car for e85. Everything was going great following the instructions per tuner until I got to the process he needed me to empty out my gas tank to fill up e85 with the flex tune flashed. Did all of that let the car idle and rev hold for 15+ minutes and reach alch% to around 60-70%. Did all that, drove around to get the alch learn flag to go to 1(20+miles).

That never happened so I just shut the car off. Next day it failed to start, got it jump started. Drove around a bit to get it to learn the alch, never happened. So I turned it off. Here I am the day after trying to turn it on and the car fails to start. So i scan for codes and i have 3, P05A1, P0607, P06E9. Could the e85 fuel killed the battery? Extremely frustrated at this point because this being my first stang and me going through the tuning process for the first time i hoped it would have gone smooth.

Also want to point out that my AFR was fluctuating between 11>23.9%, which typically with e85 should be 9%?
What year is your mustang? Mine is a 2017 Lund Tuned on e85 and Friday I had a similar issue. I couldn't even get into my car at first, tried to jump start it and it wouldn't turn on. When I finally got accessory turned on I scanned for codes and got the same PCM codes. Decided to just buy a new battery and it went back to normal luckily.

OP
OP

RiceNChicken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
What year is your mustang? Mine is a 2017 Lund Tuned on e85 and Friday I had a similar issue. I couldn't even get into my car at first, tried to jump start it and it wouldn't turn on. When I finally got accessory turned on I scanned for codes and got the same PCM codes. Decided to just buy a new battery and it went back to normal luckily.
It's a 2019 with only 11,500 miles. Did you find out why your battery gave in? I addressed this issue with lund so i'm waiting on them to square me away. Honestly, i don't even think ford will replace the battery at this point.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Those are all electrical "freak out" codes, like if you have a sudden shutdown while running, and/or have a weak/failing battery.

Have you tried disconnecting the battery, letting it sit for a few?

OP
OP

RiceNChicken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Those are all electrical "freak out" codes, like if you have a sudden shutdown while running, and/or have a weak/failing battery.

Have you tried disconnecting the battery, letting it sit for a few?
I have not, but did try jumpstarting using every method in the book. The only thing that got my car started was using the battery from a friends pickup truck and then reconnecting my battery back. If it just happens to be my battery, I don't want to buy another one without confirming if it was the tune that was sent by lund that killed it. AFR fluctuating between 11-29.3%, and the car surging at idle isn't normal I believe. How long does lund normally take to respond to emails?

Sponsored

OlTexastang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 VB GT PP1
It’s always a good idea to put a charger on your battery when downloading a tune as in your case even with it having low mileage you never know if it’s not holding a full charge. I will bet Lund says it’s the battery and to get a new one and reflash the tune. Hopefully it’s that simple.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I don't want to buy another one without confirming if it was the tune that was sent by lund that killed it
Lund killed what? Your battery ? Lol. Put a new battery in it, confirm it's CHARGING, enjoy your life. Or at the very least put a damn charger on it overnight @ 2 amps.

Last edited:

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
the factory batteries are crap anyways. dealerships had them completely dying on some of their cars on the showroom or before they even sold.

take the battery to autozone or somewhere to get it tested, bet they will tell you its completely dead, and then buy a newer better one.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Before I bought a new battery I'd get that one load tested. Just to rule it out or prove it is the problem. Any auto parts store or battery center should do it for free. A bad battery will make these computer driven cars do some weird stuff.

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
I think the batteries have 3 years warranty so it might be worthwhile to take it to a dealership if it needs to be replaced. ECMs need to have a specific voltage to work correctly. If the battery was acting up, its possible it generated those codes. Get the battery taken care of first, you don't want to be flashing the ecm with a battery on a low charge or is defective.
Sponsored