Dean Martin's GT4 Mustang

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Went on there a few minutes ago and orders are now closed.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
You must have been the last one, or the FB post was early.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
The only time the Camaro looked down on straight-line pace while fighting with other cars was with the McLaren in its first race which is stoopid fast right now. Teams were watching fuel, including the camaro at the last race which I believe also effected its pace as if you dont hit it hard out of the corner your not hitting the same top speed at the breaking point. I would want to see where the camaro drivers were getting on power and the tps sensor before I assumed they were really at a point to need 2mm.

Just about any of the cars will drag the Mustang right now.

What is mind numbing is all the weight and restrictor added to the mustang, which was never the fastest car on the track anyway, while adding torque to the AMG which also just went 75 minutes under green with one tank to win the last race.

The technical team is out to lunch. They handed this thing to the AMG. They ran well all season but you cant give a top team that kind of car advantage. Now that its in the bag - throw a bone to chevy. FFS its asinine. They need some transparency before its out of hand.

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Will see more during qualifying and of course the race, but am here today and the Scudo and Volt GT4s were really flying. Looked to have much better pace than the AMGs during testing. Excited to see how things shake out tomorrow/Friday.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
The only time the Camaro looked down on straight-line pace while fighting with other cars was with the McLaren in its first race which is stoopid fast right now. Teams were watching fuel, including the camaro at the last race which I believe also effected its pace as if you dont hit it hard out of the corner your not hitting the same top speed at the breaking point. I would want to see where the camaro drivers were getting on power and the tps sensor before I assumed they were really at a point to need 2mm.

Just about any of the cars will drag the Mustang right now.

What is mind numbing is all the weight and restrictor added to the mustang, which was never the fastest car on the track anyway, while adding torque to the AMG which also just went 75 minutes under green with one tank to win the last race.

The technical team is out to lunch. They handed this thing to the AMG. They ran well all season but you cant give a top team that kind of car advantage. Now that its in the bag - throw a bone to chevy. FFS its asinine. They need some transparency before its out of hand.
Uh, not sure what race you're watching in regards to the Camaro and it's straight power on track compared to other cars...

Agreed on the restrictions on the Mustang; however, the car has proved to be pretty damn fast, when not overly BoPed... again, not sure what races you were watching...

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Um, watched all of them, didn't see anyone blowing by the Camaro. Camaro didn't see much TV time outside of the first outing. In that race it passed the McLaren only to be passed again but that would happen to several other cars also as it has 2-3 mph in a long straight. Maybe you watched in person however not much evidence from the IMSA broadcast to suggest it was that down on power.

Do you have a specific race or sequence that outside of the McLaren the Camaro was fighting for position and simply walked in the straight? I might have to go back and look for it.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
Um, watched all of them, didn't see anyone blowing by the Camaro. Camaro didn't see much TV time outside of the first outing. In that race it passed the McLaren only to be passed again but that would happen to several other cars also as it has 2-3 mph in a long straight. Maybe you watched in person however not much evidence from the IMSA broadcast to suggest it was that down on power.

Do you have a specific race or sequence that outside of the McLaren the Camaro was fighting for position and simply walked in the straight? I might have to go back and look for it.
Watching IMSA CTSCC and PWC GTS, I can say the Camaro is not bad in the straights, but is at a disadvantage.

In respect to CTSCC, at VIR, the Camaro had a hard time with the AMG, 570S and M4. Laguna's broadcast, for whatever reason, only really focused on (showed) the top 3 or 4 positions in GS. There was significant battling in the positions 4, 5, 6, 7 to which was not covered; this is where the Camaro and the other Mustangs were going back and forth. So, all you could really look at was lap times, each lap, and the gap in positions.

I can tell you that the Blackdog crew has hinted at them being down [in power] in the straights this season compared to the other cars. In PWC, the R8, Panoz, Ginetta and Mustang gave the Camaro problems in the straights. Look at the Road America, Watkins Glen, CotA and the VIR races.

Anyway, sad to see the #60 starting so far back, but the Mustangs, overall, are in a pretty good place for Road Atlanta!
ra2018.JPG

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Just left the track. Talked to the team in the paddock. Nate qualified and he's sick. You could tell right away. Hope he feels better tomorrow. Talked to Dean too. If the Merc starts the race it's over, even if the car suddenly dies AND the Scudo car wins. At this point everyone hopes to at least hold onto second.

Sponsored

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
At biscutville in the dry the Camaro had no I ssues keeping up with everyone but the Mac, which is of course ridiculous right now, the Audi, which is also a tad OP. I agree it’s down on pace from the AMG, but again I think the AMG needed weight to counter the free power they gave it mid season.

I don’t discuss PWC BOP because there is no point, driver weight penalties and other factors such as ride height changes and turning the Panoz into a world beater make it useless. I respect the shit out of Black Dog but what do you expect them to say? I talked with Lawson at Mid Ohio when he did a breakout at the Conti booth. He mentioned the aero package can be a bit feast or famine. At a certain speed the car is planted but in some corners on certain tracks it struggles to hold the same lines at lower speeds vs the mustang.

As for outright lap time, well IMSA clearly doesn’t consider that in their BOP otherwise the AMG would not have had power added. The car was already the fastest on the track frequently when Premat, or Dontjie were driving. Even the race that fucked Ford (4 of top 5) the AMG was the fastest car on the track and put 16 sec on the field. It was all strategy and fuel saving. When Volt won it was strategy and Mac having a brake failure.

So I think we are saying the same thing brother, BOP is jacked up right now.

Mustang has been penalized for the quality of the teams and early season execution. I don’t dislike the Camaro at all, it’s my second favorite car :)

I just wish they hadn’t went the way of PWC mid year and fucked the balance in favor of driving desired outcomes. I absolutely love this sport and I don’t want to be driven from it by engineered outcomes by the tech committee.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Big surprise (Not) - McLaren 1-2, then the very experienced Porsche team (they never show their true pace in practice), the Audi, then a Ford and BMW. Not surprised by the BMW time at all. Super impressed Pat got a 1:28. That's pretty amazing. The number 8 car has really been strong all year long. Tons of bad luck but they have had good pace just about every race. Hell of a job by those guys.

1 Paul Holton 01:28.326
2 Corey Fergus 01:28.524
3 Spencer Pumpelly 01:28.850
4 Tyler McQuarrie 01:28.885
5 Patrick Gallagher 01:28.905
6 James Clay 01:29.148

from their you have Ford - Chevy - Ford x4 and everyone else

Super surprised the PF racing Ford qualified a 1:32. That's horrible. They ran faster in practice. I really wish Jade ran with Scotty but no way Pesek isn't driving his car.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
********************************** spoiler alert*******************************************************************

Ford as expected at their weight and power level were not competitive at the end of their stints. Top teams in better spec'd cars took the top 4. 60 was able to get passed the 28 due to that car taking a gamble on tires during the caution after an early cut tire. you cant really expect the heavier cars that cant even pull off a faster hero lap to be nearly as quick at the end of the stint.

How the 82 never received a drive through is beyond me, pushing and blocking several times on live TV. If there was ever a race winner that didn't deserve it, it would be James Clay in his stint. At one point I'm not sure a Porsche wasn't blocking him though. He tried to drive through the 15 and push the camaro off the course.

Unexceptional race in most every regard. Even the announcers were doing fluff interviews through much of the race. Poorly officiated by the stewards. Maybe CTSC wants to be like NASCAR.

********************************** spoiler alert*******************************************************************

Last edited:

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
Didn't get to get over to RA due to being the only guy on my team left at work, so couldn't sneak out. Therefore, didn't get to watch the race.
However, I did keep up with timing/scoring. Sad the highest running Mustang got 5th. Interested to read what happened.

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Didn't see the first half of the race so I don't know what happened to the 7 or the 59 but the 60 was charging hard at the end. He passed several cars. I think that if Nate had been healthy and they'd qualified better, they could have had a podium. Not sure what happened to the 8 at the end. He was doing well and then started falling off all the sudden. The in-car camera showed it shaking pretty hard on the high speed straights.
Sponsored