Dean Martin's GT4 Mustang

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I was at Laguna Seca working F&C at Turn 9 all weekend. Not a great weekend for Mustangs, or Ford GT's, but gorgeous weather and its always great to see them run in their wild habitat. At least most of them beat the lone Camaro.
Sorry no pictures, I was working. SF Region SCCA.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The Kohr/Scudo car looks to still be in 2nd going into the final race at Road Atlanta. Problem is, the Mercedes team leads by 31 points. They would basically have to either not run the race (with the Kohr car winning) or get wiped out early (with the Kohr car winning) for this one to have a happy ending.

Ugh.

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
The Kohr/Scudo car looks to still be in 2nd going into the final race at Road Atlanta. Problem is, the Mercedes team leads by 31 points. They would basically have to either not run the race (with the Kohr car winning) or get wiped out early (with the Kohr car winning) for this one to have a happy ending.

Ugh.
What happened to the 60? Seems like they were in front at one point. Bad pit strategy?

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
There were some interesting calls by teams during the McLaren caution period that ended up determining the teams that got a pole. This series is getting very, very entertaining to watch.

Mustangs did very well. And, man, if Scotty was able to shoot that hole - who knows!

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
If Daytona went a bit different for the #60 and the #8... I wonder what the CTSC Top 5 would look like today? Pos 1 and 2 could be switched , or at least basically tied, and Pos 4 and 5 would be about tied.

Two more races left. The #60 has a chance to grab Pos 1, but the #8 likely will have to settle for Pos 5.
gs.JPG
The number 8 has been snake bit this year. If they finished every race to their capability (minus being wrecked or failure) they might have been top 3. They have been up top with pace all year. A couple missed strategies and bad luck.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BOP adjustments that IMSA released today for the last race at Road Atlanta.

z%20last%20race%20BOP%20adjustment-X4.jpg

While it'd be nice to think everything is purely data driven it sometimes doesn't seem that way.
Aston, Audi, and McLaren all have the ability to absolutely fly but for whatever reason they haven't been consistent and finished well - usually. BMW was given a weight penalty but also allowed more fuel - meh. Ford and Porsche have been front runners that had a number of changes made this season that obviously hurt the car's performance in the race following a previously successful effort and they look to have been left alone for the last race - finally. Mercedes was given the fueling penalties that should have been in place for the last race at LS. And the Camaro...falls right in line with my sense that IMSA wants the car to perform well so as to draw interest from teams for next year. It already had an advantage over a very similar car in the Mustang. But this is ridiculous...

Heading to Road Atlanta next week. Gonna take a miracle for Dean to pull this one off but if anyone can make it happen, he can.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
IMSA BOP is a huge joke. from the mid point on they have screwed with it to the point they are making it unwatchable, or at least nowhere near fair.

What a big FU to Ford.

McLaren has 2-3 mph in the straights, it has been the fastest car for a while in pure speed. Mid engine and good balance. But yeah, they are snake bit for sure. Car spec is ridiculous.

Audi has had top of the field pace in pretty much every race.

AMG complained so much about torque the received power enhancement and lost nothing, keep in mind the car in its prior form was faster in several cases than the 61mm 1525 Mustang.

BMW gets power back, um why? It has had the same pace as the current Mustang. So if the Porsche is the baseline, why is the ford sitting at 59 1545?

Camaro will be a monster. 35 kilos, 2 mm, for christ sake. Might as well just get ready for it, if it drives a clean race it will be on the podium. Car was already strong. WTF are they doing. 85 kilos lighter than the mustang, with a larger restrictor.

What a joke, its as bad as PWC now.

Manufacturer pay to win?

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
If the Camaro doesn't win I will be totally surprised. 85kg. aka 187 pounds lighter, 1mm larger air restrictor, 4.5 liter larger fuel tank and a fueling restrictor 4mm larger diameter than the Mustang, WTF!

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BOP adjustments that IMSA released today for the last race at Road Atlanta.

z%20last%20race%20BOP%20adjustment-X4.jpg

While it'd be nice to think everything is purely data driven it sometimes doesn't seem that way.
Aston, Audi, and McLaren all have the ability to absolutely fly but for whatever reason they haven't been consistent and finished well - usually. BMW was given a weight penalty but also allowed more fuel - meh. Ford and Porsche have been front runners that had a number of changes made this season that obviously hurt the car's performance in the race following a previously successful effort and they look to have been left alone for the last race - finally. Mercedes was given the fueling penalties that should have been in place for the last race at LS. And the Camaro...falls right in line with my sense that IMSA wants the car to perform well so as to draw interest from teams for next year. It already had an advantage over a very similar car in the Mustang. But this is ridiculous...

Heading to Road Atlanta next week. Gonna take a miracle for Dean to pull this one off but if anyone can make it happen, he can.
I think the BoP adjustment that IMSA made was 2-steps forward instead of a needed 1-step: I can agree with the increased power with the 2mm increase in restrictor size - the car was down on pace down straights. I can also agree with a little more fuel - but 4.0L more? Maybe 1.0L or 2.0L... The fuel restrictor... OK, sure. The 35kg weight reduction? Damn! The car was already pretty much in-line with everything else as far as weight/tire wear...

Nice to see an adjustment to the AMG.

The BMW needed some weight or power decrease. Weight is better, as I think restrictors can cause issues with engine durability at some point.

The McLaren could've been left alone.

Also glad the Audi, Mustang and Porsche was left alone.

Sponsored

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the Camaro doesn't win I will be totally surprised. 85kg. aka 187 pounds lighter, 1mm larger air restrictor, 4.5 liter larger fuel tank and a fueling restrictor 4mm larger diameter than the Mustang, WTF!
No excuse for not grabbing a trophy spot. But, yeah, the added fuel capacity and flow is quite a bit, alone, to put together kick-ass pit stops to gain positions. The significant weight reduction is going to help fuel economy, tire wear and braking significantly. The power is much needed for the car, especially at Road Atlanta, but, at this point, it's just icing.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IMSA wants to attract more Camaro teams for next year, plain and simple. They look to have done everything they could to give them a podium finish at the least.

Crazy how penalized the Mustang is.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IMSA wants to attract more Camaro teams for next year, plain and simple. They look to have done everything they could to give them a podium finish at the least.

Crazy how penalized the Mustang is.
Yeah, IDK. Maybe. Rebel Rock is committed to a second car next season.

In PWC there are two Blackdog Speedshop cars and two Robinson Racing cars. I would expect both to be back next season.

In Europe there are two V8 Racing cars in Euro GT4 (Mustang just joined in that series with 1 car).

GM doesn’t seem that anxious to get a number of their GT4 cars out there, being the highest-priced car, with probably the most factory parts of any car available.

Takiotoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Someone that posted elsewhere that owns a GT4 Mustang commented that his car came with beefier half shaft from the FR parts bin. He doesn't race in the Continental series so he isn't bound by the SRO rules for IMSA. Dean's crew made it clear to me that they were still running production Ford half shafts. The team uses an aftermarket boot, grease, and vents it the way I showed earlier in this thread.

The driveshaft update was a change from an aluminum one-piece to a steel one-piece.

On edit:

Just showed up at my doorstep. Nate Stacy's mother and father had these done.

20180713_110618-4K.jpg

20180713_110632-4K.jpg
Where can I get one of these T shirts?
Someone that posted elsewhere that owns a GT4 Mustang commented that his car came with beefier half shaft from the FR parts bin. He doesn't race in the Continental series so he isn't bound by the SRO rules for IMSA. Dean's crew made it clear to me that they were still running production Ford half shafts. The team uses an aftermarket boot, grease, and vents it the way I showed earlier in this thread.

The driveshaft update was a change from an aluminum one-piece to a steel one-piece.

On edit:

Just showed up at my doorstep. Nate Stacy's mother and father had these done.

20180713_110618-4K.jpg

20180713_110632-4K.jpg

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go to Nate Stacy's Facebook page for information on those shirts. I don't know if they have any left.
Sponsored