Sponsored

Dealership scam alert

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Dealerships are full of scams, The worst is the interior/exterior protection add on. Biggest waste of money ever. I was a detailer/porter at a dealership at one point and did those frequently and i always felt bummed out doing that crap because it meant someone paid like $600-800 bucks for it.
Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Dealerships are full of scams, The worst is the interior/exterior protection add on. Biggest waste of money ever. I was a detailer/porter at a dealership at one point and did those frequently and i always felt bummed out doing that crap because it meant someone paid like $600-800 bucks for it.
What is it, exactly - scotch guard? lol.

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Both of my comparison psi tests were cold psi! So yes i lost 6psi of nitrogen in 2.5 months...
Why were your tires filled at 35 psi to start with on purchase? If they were filled correctly (32 psi cold), then they "lost" 3 psi to get to 29 - not the 6 you claim.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Yea, this is a waste of money, just make sure the blinker fluid is filled and you’re good to go.

Sponsored

bstreet5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Street
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem OF (on order)
Also, the size of nitrogen molecules are bigger compared to other types of gas in air (mostly oxygen), so it would not escape as easy as just compressed air.
Oxygen only makes up about 20% of the air you breath @ 78% is already nitrogen as we have discussed in this thread. Air is not mostly oxygen. Nitrogen fill is a scam.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Oxygen only makes up about 20% of the air you breath @ 78% is already nitrogen as we have discussed in this thread. Air is not mostly oxygen. Nitrogen fill is a scam.
Yes I know that, but it's just a comparison, please read and think before you response. Let's say we have two 1000 parts of gas, A is made of 100% nitrogen, B is made of 78% nitrogen, 20% oxygen, and 2% of other gas. Comparing between A and B, B will lose it's volume quicker if filled in a space such a tire where gas molecules can escape slowly, that's a scientific fact.

Also did you read what I wrote after that? Please don't quote people out of context.

bstreet5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Street
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem OF (on order)
Yes I know that, but it's just a comparison, please read and think before you response. Let's say we have two 1000 parts of gas, A is made of 100% nitrogen, B is made of 78% nitrogen, 20% oxygen, and 2% of other gas. Comparing between A and B, B will lose it's volume quicker if filled in a space such a tire where gas molecules can escape slowly, that's a scientific fact.

Also did you read what I wrote after that? Please don't quote people out of context.
I did read your entire post. I apologise if I hurt your feelings. Yes without the 20% oxygen your rate of loss in pressure could be @ 1.4% better. Most nitrogen fill I think gets you @ a claimed 97%. They market it to the unsuspecting with many false claims though that just can't be substantiated. Have a good day. :)

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I did read your entire post. I apologise if I hurt your feelings. Yes without the 20% oxygen your rate of loss in pressure could be @ 1.4% better. Most nitrogen fill I think gets you @ a claimed 97%. They market it to the unsuspecting with many false claims though that just can't be substantiated. Have a good day. :)
Yes I will :headbang:

And I'm not saying people should believe the dealer's claim of a "nitrogen filled" tire, I'm just saying if the tire is filled to 100% or close to 100% nitrogen, it will perform maybe a little bit better in normal day-to-day driving conditions. But it will be more noticeable during extreme conditions such as racing.

OP
OP
seth21w

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
Why were your tires filled at 35 psi to start with on purchase? If they were filled correctly (32 psi cold), then they "lost" 3 psi to get to 29 - not the 6 you claim.
They were over filled at the dealer but it was ok because that is what I run anyway.

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Nitrogen actually does have documented advantages. It has zero (or very little) oxygen, so rims and tires will not suffer from corrosion. Probably the biggest advantage is it's dry and clean, and compressed air may or may not be. Variations in moisture content and how that water vapor changes with temperature is an undesirable variable. Aircraft and race cars use it (and have for a long time).

Is it worth any extra money for the average driver? No, probably not. Lots of tire places give it away for free for life with a set of tires.

oldgeezer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT base, Ingot Silver, 6MT, 3.55
Every time you fly on a big bird, the tires are filled with nitrogen. Nitrogen is used for a reason. The tires lose pressure more slowly because the nitrogen molecules are bigger, and the reduction of oxygen internally in the tire slows the internal oxidation of the tire. That said, it's only a couple of bucks a tire max. The $200 for nitrogen is ridiculous.

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race red mustang GT premium
welp.........
nos.jpg

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
i will let you decide if there is REAL use for it
While this guy makes some valid points, he starts out with ridiculous straw-man arguments and an absolutely absurd statement. That is, since regular air is 78% nitrogen, no matter what the other 22% is it can only be 1/5 bad, and even if it is "completely malignant" as he puts it, it can't be that bad.

Try breathing some air that is 1% cyanide gas.
Sponsored