1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
It's my understanding that GM dealers arn't above ADM either. 5th generation Z28 and ZL1 had ADM but in the end dealers had difficulty moving them.
I feel sorry for ppl who paid adm for the z28. Crazy how those cars plummeted. I believe there are still new z28s sitting on dealer lots for around 40k.
Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
No ADM on the 10th 11th 12th lined up C8 sure, but, like GT500, if you want the 1st batch, your paying for it

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
Some dealers are at ADM's for the C8. Will have to wait and see how many in this area can remain there.

As for the Z06 varient, it is still unknown what that car will be, and HOW MUCH will it be. If the C8 comes in at 120k+ is it a huge value over a GT500 ? The current Z06 comes in at 93~95K ? Of course you have discounts galore now, but it will be interesting to see what this C8 Z06 will have and how much will it be.

Heck the C8 Z06 could go back to being N/A....That could be very interesting.
A C7 Z06 Coupe starts at around $83k with no discounts, with 1LZ. The C8Z06 will come in under $100k for sure. It will be a value in the market as it always has been.

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
No ADM on the 10th 11th 12th lined up C8 sure, but, like GT500, if you want the 1st batch, your paying for it
Not true. The big Vette dealers don't play the adm game. Kerbeck, the largest Corvette dealer in the country, is selling at msrp. And these guys get like 1000 Vettes during a typical model year. Normally the only dealers that try for adm on new Vettes are the ones that typically only sell 1 or 2 per year. The big players have no reason to because it's a turn and burn system. The more you sell, the more GM allocates to you. So sitting on them trying to get a marked up price is counterproductive in most of their eyes.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Not true. The big Vette dealers don't play the adm game. Kerbeck, the largest Corvette dealer in the country, is selling at msrp. And these guys get like 1000 Vettes during a typical model year. Normally the only dealers that try for adm on new Vettes are the ones that typically only sell 1 or 2 per year. The big players have no reason to because it's a turn and burn system. The more you sell, the more GM allocates to you. So sitting on them trying to get a marked up price is counterproductive in most of their eyes.
What was the C7 Z06 initial introduction like? Adm? MSRP? 'normal' discounts? supplier pricing? What should someone expect to pay for a C8 ZO6? I know now they are heavily discounted, i just don't know how long it took to get to that point. thanks

Sponsored

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
What was the C7 Z06 initial introduction like? Adm? MSRP? 'normal' discounts? supplier pricing? What should someone expect to pay for a C8 ZO6? I know now they are heavily discounted, i just don't know how long it took to get to that point. thanks
It was mostly msrp with a few of the smaller Corvette dealers attempting to sell at a markup. Then about halfway through the model year or towards the end, the supplier discounts and employee discounts start to become available. But a dealer can also choose not to honor those discounts. Evidently they lose a few thousand on the sale when they honor those from what I hear. Most honor it once it becomes widely know that it's available though. What sucks though is that both supplier discount and employee discounts have been reduced significantly the last time I checked. The discounts that you see on the C7's at this point normally take a few model years to show up.

Squrtcap

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, GT350
Any mark up or prep, including doc fees are not justified.
MSRP means all of above included, with the only additional fee of local and state tax.
The Ford buyer who pays any of the unjustified fees hurts all buyers.
Go drive by the mansions of the Ford dealers that charge above MSRP, spit on them and slap any fool who parts with hard earned money to these greedy men and women.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Any mark up or prep, including doc fees are not justified.
MSRP means all of above included, with the only additional fee of local and state tax.
The Ford buyer who pays any of the unjustified fees hurts all buyers.
Go drive by the mansions of the Ford dealers that charge above MSRP, spit on them and slap any fool who parts with hard earned money to these greedy men and women.
Where’d you come from?
Drive by, spit on, slapping fools.
Anything else?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Where’d you come from?
Drive by, spit on, slapping fools.
Anything else?
don't mind him, he's just pissed he can't have one.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
My point being, ill wager the price of #1 and #1000 will be different, if equally optioned ect

Sparko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT 500 convertible
Totally agree Voodoo...you will always pay to be the first

Squrtcap

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, GT350
I bought my Lead Foot Grey GT350 last September for 5 1/4 % below MSRP.
I have found three dealers selling the 2019 GT350R at MSRP.
I slap myself for being a fool and paying over MSRP for my Raptor.
When dealers tell you prep and handling and doc fees are on all sales slips, then they can lower sticker price by the total of these fees. I did it 2002 and you can still have them sell at MSRP today. Walk away and never recommend a dealer selling above sticker.

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
My point being, ill wager the price of #1 and #1000 will be different, if equally optioned ect
Not if buying from the top dealers. Those guys truly stick to their words on pricing. Same thing could work for halo Mustangs if the community was tighter, I think. Early on with C7Z06 I literally saw a group of forum members force a Vette dealer to remove their markups by reaming them in a post. They were saying their 1st shipment would go for over sticker, but subsequent shipments would be at msrp. That didn't go well. I don't see many Ford dealers with connections to any forums like that though so I guess that obligation isn't there. And remember when we're talking Vettes #1 and #1000 are not that far apart. Bowling Green cranks them out pretty well once they get through the quality hold processes.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Not if buying from the top dealers. Those guys truly stick to their words on pricing. Same thing could work for halo Mustangs if the community was tighter, I think. Early on with C7Z06 I literally saw a group of forum members force a Vette dealer to remove their markups by reaming them in a post. They were saying their 1st shipment would go for over sticker, but subsequent shipments would be at msrp. That didn't go well. I don't see many Ford dealers with connections to any forums like that though so I guess that obligation isn't there. And remember when we're talking Vettes #1 and #1000 are not that far apart. Bowling Green cranks them out pretty well once they get through the quality hold processes.
Marcus, what was it some ~3 years ago when you came to my home in South Carolina after which time we went for a rip in your new ZL1 coupe and I sincerely enjoyed your company and the ride in your new Camaro Pony Car.

Having said that and for someone such as yourself that has worked for a Ford dealership and then ended up owning a Chevrolet Pony Car namely a ZL1 you obviously know the significant cultural difference between GM/Chevrolet and the Ford Motor Company therefore I am somewhat surprised at some of your comments and posts.

For you to suggest that our Ford community is not tight because of ADM's and also suggesting that the Corvette community knows how to better deal with the ADM issue is certainly disappointing.

I do not visit the Camaro/Corvette public forums as you continue to visit our Mustang6G forum as a Camaro owner but if you are suggesting that many of the Camaro/Corvette dealerships contribute to their respective forums it certainly indicates to me just how desperate they are to sell their cars and push their product.

Early on (back in the '60's and '70's) when I was very fortunate to have owned a '68 L78 RS/SS Camaro and a '67 Buick Skylark convertible as well as a '65 Mustang K code 2+2 along with a 1974 Mustang Mach I it did not take me very long to fully understand and comprehend the significant difference in passion and enthusiasm between the Ford Motor Company and General Motors.

The bottom line is there is a significant cultural and passionate difference between what the Ford Family has and continues to presently employ over many decades versus the unfortunate fragmentation that continues at General Motors which will finally result in the another discontinuation of your Camaro model.

:sunglasses:
Sponsored