Sponsored

Dealers Selling at MSRP ? ? ? ?

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
Marcus, what was it some ~3 years ago when you came to my home in South Carolina after which time we went for a rip in your new ZL1 coupe and I sincerely enjoyed your company and the ride in your new Camaro Pony Car.

Having said that and for someone such as yourself that has worked for a Ford dealership and then ended up owning a Chevrolet Pony Car namely a ZL1 you obviously know the significant cultural difference between GM/Chevrolet and the Ford Motor Company therefore I am somewhat surprised at some of your comments and posts.

For you to suggest that our Ford community is not tight because of ADM's and also suggesting that the Corvette community knows how to better deal with the ADM issue is certainly disappointing.

I do not visit the Camaro/Corvette public forums as you continue to visit our Mustang6G forum as a Camaro owner but if you are suggesting that many of the Camaro/Corvette dealerships contribute to their respective forums it certainly indicates to me just how desperate they are to sell their cars and push their product.

Early on (back in the '60's and '70's) when I was very fortunate to have owned a '68 L78 RS/SS Camaro and a '67 Buick Skylark convertible as well as a '65 Mustang K code 2+2 along with a 1974 Mustang Mach I it did not take me very long to fully understand and comprehend the significant difference in passion and enthusiasm between the Ford Motor Company and General Motors.

The bottom line is there is a significant cultural and passionate difference between what the Ford Family has and continues to presently employ over many decades versus the unfortunate fragmentation that continues at General Motors which will finally result in the another discontinuation of your Camaro model.

:sunglasses:
Harry, I certainly could've worded that part about being tight nit better, but never said the Mustang community wasn't tight because of ADM's. My train of thought at the time must've gotten a little detoured. What I was trying to convey was the relationship between the Vette Forums and a good number of the Vette Dealerships. Many of the dealers have a "Corvette Guy" that actively participates in the forums. Therefore the forum members have a bit more of an influence and leverage when it comes to deterring adm's and passing along feedback. And as I've stated before I'm a car guy. Not a Mustang, Camaro, Corvette, etc. guy. I visit a number of forums, quite frankly because that's where the best information is, and my interests lie with various automobiles. Being an owner of a Camaro SHOULD have nothing to do with whether I visit this forum or not. And as far as the Corvette dealers contributing to the forums, it's not in a way as you would assume to push a product. It's normally in an honest helpful manner. For example with the C7 launch, the forum sponsor dealers would make threads to inform about constraints for any given production cycle. They would keep members up to date on order status, allocation, etc. They'd even answer order questions for people that had placed their orders elsewhere when conditions allow. I think that's a positive use of a forum not desperation. And as far as GM fragmentation, I have no dog in the fight with that and honestly feel that's just a cheap shot on your part. The Mustang has a cult following unrivaled by the other 2 pony cars, no doubt. The Camaro of this generation has been an outstanding performer and the top models are yet to be rivaled, and hopefully will be pretty soon with the GT500. But if we're being honest, all these cars are under fire due to ever tightening government regulations. I don't know if the rumors are true or not, but if they are it will be a sad day because no matter how much some here claim to dislike the Camaro, it's performance has been solid at every trim level and one less American muscle car should be disheartening to any of us. So whatever happens at the corporate level has nothing to do with me as an enthusiast.
Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Not if buying from the top dealers. Those guys truly stick to their words on pricing. Same thing could work for halo Mustangs if the community was tighter, I think. Early on with C7Z06 I literally saw a group of forum members force a Vette dealer to remove their markups by reaming them in a post. They were saying their 1st shipment would go for over sticker, but subsequent shipments would be at msrp. That didn't go well. I don't see many Ford dealers with connections to any forums like that though so I guess that obligation isn't there. And remember when we're talking Vettes #1 and #1000 are not that far apart. Bowling Green cranks them out pretty well once they get through the quality hold processes.
I promise you, the 1st couple at any location are getting some "bonuses" the issue is that there wold be no way to verify it.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Harry, I certainly could've worded that part about being tight nit better, but never said the Mustang community wasn't tight because of ADM's. My train of thought at the time must've gotten a little detoured. What I was trying to convey was the relationship between the Vette Forums and a good number of the Vette Dealerships. Many of the dealers have a "Corvette Guy" that actively participates in the forums. Therefore the forum members have a bit more of an influence and leverage when it comes to deterring adm's and passing along feedback. And as I've stated before I'm a car guy. Not a Mustang, Camaro, Corvette, etc. guy. I visit a number of forums, quite frankly because that's where the best information is, and my interests lie with various automobiles. Being an owner of a Camaro SHOULD have nothing to do with whether I visit this forum or not. And as far as the Corvette dealers contributing to the forums, it's not in a way as you would assume to push a product. It's normally in an honest helpful manner. For example with the C7 launch, the forum sponsor dealers would make threads to inform about constraints for any given production cycle. They would keep members up to date on order status, allocation, etc. They'd even answer order questions for people that had placed their orders elsewhere when conditions allow. I think that's a positive use of a forum not desperation. And as far as GM fragmentation, I have no dog in the fight with that and honestly feel that's just a cheap shot on your part. The Mustang has a cult following unrivaled by the other 2 pony cars, no doubt. The Camaro of this generation has been an outstanding performer and the top models are yet to be rivaled, and hopefully will be pretty soon with the GT500. But if we're being honest, all these cars are under fire due to ever tightening government regulations. I don't know if the rumors are true or not, but if they are it will be a sad day because no matter how much some here claim to dislike the Camaro, it's performance has been solid at every trim level and one less American muscle car should be disheartening to any of us. So whatever happens at the corporate level has nothing to do with me as an enthusiast.
Appreciate your comments but somewhat confused by your last sentence whereby you make mention that whatever happens at the corporate level has nothing to do with you as an enthusiast.

From my standpoint the corporate level has everything to do with us as enthusiasts especially when it comes to all things Mustang.

Without the direction, passion and forward thinking of Dearborn none of us Mustang enthusiasts would have been able to enjoy the Boss 302 program, the GT350/R program and of course now the launch of the upcoming GT500 next month and can't wait to take delivery of my new GT500.

I find it interesting that you make mention of a cheap shot that I made towards GM when in fact I have watched countless times over the last few years whereby you have posted some very negative comments towards the Ford Motor Company, our Mustang community and the Mustang model with many of these cheap shots being noted by many members on this forum other than me.

Regarding the Pony Car back in the day when the Pony Car was at it's height we had the Mopar camp with the Challenger and the Barracuda, GM with the Firebird and Camaro, American Motors with the Javelin and the AMX and of course Ford with the Cougar and Mustang.

With respect to the future of the Pony Car I hope that the 3 remaining Pony Cars will continue to being produced for a very long time and wish you the best with your Camaro.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Appreciate your comments but somewhat confused by your last sentence whereby you make mention that whatever happens at the corporate level has nothing to do with you as an enthusiast.

From my standpoint the corporate level has everything to do with us as enthusiasts especially when it comes to all things Mustang.

Without the direction, passion and forward thinking of Dearborn none of us Mustang enthusiasts would have been able to enjoy the Boss 302 program, the GT350/R program and of course now the launch of the upcoming GT500 next month and can't wait to take delivery of my new GT500.

I find it interesting that you make mention of a cheap shot that I made towards GM when in fact I have watched countless times over the last few years whereby you have posted some very negative comments towards the Ford Motor Company, our Mustang community and the Mustang model with many of these cheap shots being noted by many members on this forum other than me.

Regarding the Pony Car back in the day when the Pony Car was at it's height we had the Mopar camp with the Challenger and the Barracuda, GM with the Firebird and Camaro, American Motors with the Javelin and the AMX and of course Ford with the Cougar and Mustang.

With respect to the future of the Pony Car I hope that the 3 remaining Pony Cars will continue to being produced for a very long time and wish you the best with your Camaro.

Mustang enthusiasts complained about 2013 cup holder on forums. They changed in 2015.

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1

I would hope that after talking to me in person that I would have made a different impression on you about my passion for cars. Obviously here in text form, my points are not coming across the way I intended. No matter how many times I say it here it seems to be overlooked. I'm a person that loves cars. I hold no allegiance to certain brands or models. So in the past there have been threads where there were comparisons between the ZL1 and various other Mustangs right here on this forum. Am I wrong for arguing in favor of the ZL1 in those threads? That was my opinion and many here surely have theirs. I don't think I have ever just barged into a thread that wasn't relevant and said anything about my ZL1, unless asked. So, I don't consider any of that cheap shots. And for the comment about the corporate level, let me clarify what I mean by saying it has nothing to do with me as an enthusiast is this. Auto manufacturers have their own catalysts for the moves they make. So just because of the fragmentation at GM, that doesn't mean I can't appreciate and be enthusiastic about the products they have currently brought to market, all while being disappointed at some of their current direction.

Sponsored

Just Plain Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teddy
Vehicle(s)
Sold - 2015 GT 50 th Anniversary
MSRP is the going rate for the C8 Vette. Sure there are a few Chevy dealers that will ask for ADMs but all but one I personally checked with were at MSRP. The only variation was how much some dealers wanted down vs others.
If u live in New England MacMulkin Chevy has 1100 allocations. As of last week, approx 400 taken.
NO ADM, all MSRP.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Don't know why that one guy said that, but he was also corrected by another GM official shortly after. Maybe he was drunk.
Nope, I dont buy it. A GM employee made the statement so it/GM must be held to that standard
Sponsored