Sponsored

Dealer wrecked my 2019 GT350

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I have no doubt there's some technical truth to that (although who knows what conditions that true under), I'll bet that's mostly legal ass-covering.

Most high performance tires are stickiest when new (assuming they're hot--which is true for any tire).
There is a mold-release compound that is basically a lube, but it's gone within a few miles of driving. For track tires, it's gone within a lap. First flying lap at temp is the fastest lap for most tires.

The 500-mile breakin is for extremely hard all-season compounds and/or just legal CYA.
Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Not to mention getting insurance on a car that had the airbags go off. Once that happens insurance companies get leery about a policy for it

Sponsored

OP
OP
Frank.Herbst

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Thanks for the replys. Lots of good points.
One question, what kind of discount is reasonable after repairs including frame machine and alignment checks.

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
I would definitely want to see the car, take lots of photos and talk to the owner of the dealership and talk to Ford.
I would also have them provide you the police report, since it appears it was on a public street when it crashed. So some one had to be charged with the accident. If they tried to hide it maybe some more leverage. Not filing a police report in some states is a crime, if any city property was damaged even the curb that’s another issue.(many many years ago a buddy of mine parked his firebird on top of a hydrant and he had to pay the county for the hydrant replacement and other related repairs as well as tickets for reckless driving, attempting to flee the scene, etc etc etc.)
News media and social media as well.
I would not let this go very easily.
What sort of contract did you have? Did it include the vin number etc?
There maybe lots of things that they screwed up on, whether it was or wasn’t wrecked.
If it was wrecked and u are walking away from it, I would find someway of making sure that it shows up on Carfax and Oasis so no one gets screwed in having them pass it off as a new car.
It’s incredulous that they took your car out for a joy ride, not acceptable in so many ways
I can come up with so many things I would throw at the dealer and at Ford as being vicariously liable, whether it was or wasn’t wrecked, my head is spinning
And by the way I am starting to really like the orange

OP
OP
Frank.Herbst

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I would definitely want to see the car, take lots of photos and talk to the owner of the dealership and talk to Ford.
I would also have them provide you the police report, since it appears it was on a public street when it crashed. So some one had to be charged with the accident. If they tried to hide it maybe some more leverage. Not filing a police report in some states is a crime, if any city property was damaged even the curb that’s another issue.(many many years ago a buddy of mine parked his firebird on top of a hydrant and he had to pay the county for the hydrant replacement and other related repairs as well as tickets for reckless driving, attempting to flee the scene, etc etc etc.)
News media and social media as well.
I would not let this go very easily.
What sort of contract did you have? Did it include the vin number etc?
There maybe lots of things that they screwed up on, whether it was or wasn’t wrecked.
If it was wrecked and u are walking away from it, I would find someway of making sure that it shows up on Carfax and Oasis so no one gets screwed in having them pass it off as a new car.
It’s incredulous that they took your car out for a joy ride, not acceptable in so many ways
I can come up with so many things I would throw at the dealer and at Ford as being vicariously liable, whether it was or wasn’t wrecked, my head is spinning
And by the way I am starting to really like the orange
I have seen the car. Right rear rim damage and both left and right side roof air bags deployed. I did have a sales agreement with the vin.
Thanks.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
what do the state regs say with respect to significant damage and it's ability to be titled as 'new'? I suspect it can't be. So at minimum it's a used car with a significant accident on the record. In fact I'm surprised their dealer's insurance hasn't totaled the car since they're probably looking at an easy $8,000+ claim between parts and labor. I wouldn't accept any less than 35% haircut and a no-questions-asked 30 day full refund rider.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Frank.Herbst

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
what do the state regs say with respect to significant damage and it's ability to be titled as 'new'? I suspect it can't be. So at minimum it's a used car with a significant accident on the record. In fact I'm surprised their dealer's insurance hasn't totaled the car since they're probably looking at an easy $8,000+ claim between parts and labor. I wouldn't accept any less than 35% haircut and a no-questions-asked 30 day full refund rider.
Many good points. I'll check with my insurance company about the airbags.
Also I need to figure out if carfax will show the accident.

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Houston they have a problem, police report?
If they didn’t report it oh lala, I would be going nucking futs, leaving the scene of an accident etc etc etc a new episode for cops, can the contract with fin give u ownership or other legal remedies?
My head is spinning.
So many violations

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Are there any street cams that may have caught it on tape, yes the black box has details, are there any witnesses? Social media might flush them out.
By now I would think the dealership would be cozying up to u big time unless they are just stupid
Sponsored