Frank.Herbst

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
wheel 'scratched' or lip partially broken off, or wheel literally broken at spokes or across the barrel?
Scratched up at outer rim also a one inch section broke off. All damage is at the outer edge of the rim.
Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Sounds like you are considering continuing with the purchase. Not sure there is anyone here that can properly advise you without seeing everything

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
Have you talked to them any further about what they will do??

Chad1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Run, and far away, especially if they think that they are going to do the repairs and give you a discount. Given the incident and if the car hasn't been fixed, take pics and have your ins adjuster come and look at it. Physical proof that the car was not in new condition. They will have no choice to either settle out of court or be held guilty for breach of contract. If they choose to settle out of court then the ball is in your court and you can start making demands, and you should be set to go, unfortunately it will take longer to get a new car than you would like.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Frank.Herbst

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Have you talked to them any further about what they will do??
They are fixing the Shelby and know the price needs to reflect the situation. The dealer was put in a difficult situation by a bad employee. Sounds like they want to do the right thing after a bad situation. Problem is how do you do the right thing with out good repairs, an extended warranty and a big discount?

Chad1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Get a lawyer, and you will get a much bigger discount and his fees paid. Trust me they will want to keep it out of court even if they take a 40k hit in the shorts with discount, lawyer fees, and extended warranty fees.

Chad1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
PS they need to offer a lifetime warranty on any repairs that the make whether it be body or suspension

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Scratched up at outer rim also a one inch section broke off. All damage is at the outer edge of the rim.
Then it wasn't that big of a hit. The G-spike is what set off the bags.

I definitely second having your own insurance adjuster do a value assessment. They may mark it down as far as 40-50% off. Do consult an attorney who is familiar with State titling law and damage reporting. Know the answers before you put the questions to the dealership.

The dealership probably has next to no chance of selling the car to anyone else and if their insurance had totaled it out, it would already be on it's way to auction.

Sponsored

Chad1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Also make sure that if you accept a repaired vehicle that the air bags have gone in, they need to replace any and all RCM hardware. I have seen a few where they just replaced air bags and not the module and did a "as built" reprogram only to run into a lot of issues later down the road, and mostly unnoticed by non oem software. Usually a handful of U codes that are triggered by the now bad module. I use Ford IDS and have a fleet of 53 trucks to take care of and go down the air bag road usually about once a year. The only true electronic repair is to replace it all even if it was sensors not effected by the impact.

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Since u haven’t purchased the car and therefore have no insurance their adjuster has no obligation to see the car, but u can hire an adjuster, and have a super quality body shop inspection, you do need insurance to make sure it’s insurable
So many options
But the biggest leverage is not reporting the accident and Ford knowledge of dealer behavior and knowledge that the dealership didn’t report
They can be held as an after the fact and cover up

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
20 k should be the new price after repair done by your shop at their expense
Not a deep enough discount...
Half that price + longest most comprehensive extended warranty they have. Put the risk back on them.

It’s a write off for them plus they have their own insurance I’m sure. Accept zero to limited value on the backside...

Sagittaria

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
I'm going to play devils advocate a bit but I bought my car with dealer inflicted damage. Dealer must've parked to close to a pole and hit the front bumper the day I was supposed to pick it up.

I was pissed sure but they took 4 grand off. Paint, one bumper skin, and me throwing the bumper on myself — I had 3 grand more in my pocket than I would've thought. Never even know... and honestly there's worse little quality issues right from the factory we all know about. Mass produced Mustang and all.

Granted this is a much less severe scenario but.. just a different perspective. Seems like most in the Shelby crowd here would've walked, burned down the dealer, or asked them to take 10-15 grand off or something.

For this case, I would personally walk not because of the damage but I have little faith in Ford dealers... the quality of service just isn't there for me to trust them especially in my experience. Outside of that though, if it's repaired well and has a deep enough discount I'd have no problem picking it back up.

These cars to me are more fun toys I enjoy to take care of with a finite life span... rather than museum pieces on a pedestal. I'm also pretty mechanically inclined too. But that's just me.
Sponsored