Sponsored

DCT fluid leak *update* got it back fixed.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
My car has what appears to be a dct fluid leak. It’s up around the cooler, maybe it is the cooler. I’ve called both local dealers and both say it’s 65+ days before they could look at it. What are my next options? I am pretty down right now. This is my daily driver and I haven’t even had it a month. Haven’t even made the first note on it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SVTFreak

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I talked to another dealership fairly close and they said they should be able to but still have to get approval. And the two techs are backed up. Said he’d call me Monday.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Can you pull the pan and check each tube connection from the transmission to the cooler and back?

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Call ford and open a ticket so if it fails and ruins something it will be there that no dealer had openings and this was your only car

OP
OP
SVTFreak

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you pull the pan and check each tube connection from the transmission to the cooler and back?
I checked at the trans (the usual suspects) and those are fine. I dropped the pan a little and could see a wet spot on the cooler itself and tinted fluid on the hose below it, so, I think, without going farther, the cooler itself may be failed. I found two fittings about wheee the front wheels are i think are trans lines and those are fine. It’s so hard to see and move under it though. I was just on ramps and didn’t get all the way to it, so I am in no way certain that that is it, but I am sure it’s at the front of the car. If I can’t get a ford appointing soon, I will use my buddies lift so I can get the pan off and get serious about it, maybe even fix it myself. I can build a car, I can surely fix an oil leak on a line or cooler lol.
Call ford and open a ticket so if it fails and ruins something it will be there that no dealer had openings and this was your only car
I will do that Monday for sure, and see if they can push for a dealer to get it in. Thanks.

Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
You need to take it to a dealer and get it documented. This way you have proof that dealer at least looked at it. The dealer doesn't need any permission to look at the car.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
You need to take it to a dealer and get it documented. This way you have proof that dealer at least looked at it. The dealer doesn't need any permission to look at the car.
The problem is that the dealer won’t look at it since they are over booked. This happened to me with my previous 5.0. They wouldn’t even bother to see what the issue was until my appointment day came even after I dropped off the car 1 week earlier

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
Did you buy the car from any of these dealers?

OP
OP
SVTFreak

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok. I might show up there Wednesday morning depending on what ford says. I’ll document it through calling them if possible. Thanks snoopy.
Did you buy the car from any of these dealers?
Unfortunately, no. The dealer I bought from us about 4 hours away and TINY. This is the only Shelby they’ve gotten. I walked through the service dept there and don’t get warm and fuzzies about them working on a Shelby. A farm truck? Sure. But nice sports cars are not a forte of them. Not to mention getting it there an back. However, one of the dealers, I have bought double digits of cars from, and they repaired my last mustang (that was not from them, it was used) and gave me a loaner while they did. My wife’s current car is from them. They’ve always treated me well. I was really surprised at that answer from them.

2018Creamsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury GT Premium Vert
I feel your pain. It’s the same here. Our Raptor had the common cam phaser failure a few months ago. It took 3 weeks just to get an appointment for them to verify the concern and order the parts. It took another 5 weeks to actually get the appointment for the repair. They got pretty noisy by then and set a check engine light. This is the wife’s daily driver. I was afraid it was gonna cause serious damage driving it 80 miles a day for the wife’s commute, but we didn’t have a choice. At least we got a 2021 Escape loaner during the week long service so I didn’t have to rent a car. Man that thing sucked, though. Lol

Good luck. Hope you get yours repaired soon.

Sponsored

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
You should rent a car and have Ford reimburse you if the local dealer doesn’t offer this. ANd some insurance companies offer a rental if your car is damaged and is not Drivable. What’s the difference of a deer running out in the road versus a mechanical failure, it’s all really bad luck and you should have options.

OP
OP
SVTFreak

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ran to the store today. About 5 miles there and back and it’s def leaking pretty bad. It must have started right before I got home my last ride. Dropping from new places now. Def, if I can’t get it in somewhere this week, I’ll be pulling the tray Wednesday (I have plenty time that day, didn’t have as long the other day) and finding out what is going on and maybe even just fixing it myself.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
Ran to the store today. About 5 miles there and back and it’s def leaking pretty bad. It must have started right before I got home my last ride. Dropping from new places now. Def, if I can’t get it in somewhere this week, I’ll be pulling the tray Wednesday (I have plenty time that day, didn’t have as long the other day) and finding out what is going on and maybe even just fixing it myself.
I would not start working on a warranty related problem. In essence your going to void the warranty. Your riding around in a 90k car and you can’t afford a Rental Car until you hash it out with the dealer🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃. I just don’t get it.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
I just had my 2020 Ford Explorer ST in the shop for about a week due to a failed transmission. She only has 13k miles on her. The mechanic had to do a very thorough explanation and detailed pictures to get approval for it to be covered under warranty. Ford is very strict and with todays technology at hand they can see more than ever if any tampering or mods on these cars. They are looking for a reason to deny your warranty if they feel you have abused and or tampered with the problem of the vehicle.
Here is my car in the shop and pics. And yes Ford covered it under warranty.
DEC91B98-0AF7-4078-91AD-DDACF22C2312.jpeg
B7C4946C-D326-4E57-9EA0-A78E4792BC03.jpeg
BAE35952-BF32-409D-831B-5459F7E50AAF.jpeg
E1A3DA48-A8F9-459E-821B-589713D353EE.jpeg
3CF01B1B-59DD-4044-876A-199B1C3C5828.jpeg

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Your tranny is 25K i believe. I wouldn't do anything to cause a warranty denial. Does it have a fill tube?

If it's anything more than a loose fitting I'd park it.
Sponsored