Dashcam for daily driver

circatee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Circatee
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT Premium Fastback
When I had my 2018 GT, I had a Garmin dashcam.
For a daily driver, are they still worth it, if you're not tracking the car and such?
Sponsored

BadHabit2Break

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
In this day and age, I would get one. It takes out the he said/she said when it comes to a police report.

I have a dual one so it covers front and rear of vehicle.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I have the Blackvue DR900X with front and rear cams. It’s works pretty well and is my first dash cam. Very easy to wire up and use. It has its own voltage detector and will shut itself off at your pre-set voltage. Or you can set the parking mode time so it shuts off long before the voltage drops.
Wiring it up is super easy with fuse taps. No cutting or splicing required.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
When I had my 2018 GT, I had a Garmin dashcam.
For a daily driver, are they still worth it, if you're not tracking the car and such?
https://www.rexingusa.com/products/rexing-v1p-pro/

I researched quite a few Dash Cams online, read various reviews, read the multiple threads on here and kept coming back to the Rexing dual channel model. I know the Thinkware brand seems to get high reviews on here also, but I wasn’t impressed with that brand due to lack of a display screen for instant playback capabilities.

I hard wired it; nice little cam w/ a lot of good features. Pretty cool having both front and rear views. There’s also an App to d/l where it can be streamed right to a mobile device with other features on that secondary platform.

---
This thread has a ton of dash cam info and is probably the largest on this site:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/dash-cam.10064/

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I have the VIOFO A129 Dual 4k Pro (not really true 4 K) hard wired into my car. I hard wired it for I wanted the Parking Mode on. Which you can set the sensitivity and G force settings. Pictures are very clear. But: I already had two of my car VIOFO go out. Luckily I got the Amazon 3 years free replacement so I don't mind, so far. It already pay off in a parking lot accident. Good luck