Sponsored

Sync Wifi Hotspot with Dashcam

JinNTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium Fastback
Hello!

Expecting delivery in the next few days of my '18 GT 401A and have been trying to do some research. I currently have a Blackvue 750S-2CH and pre-ordered a Blackvue 900S-2CH with a battery backup.

In order for the dashcams to send alerts over cloud it needs to have a connection to a hotspot service. With the setup in my Jeep I have the hotspot wired to a battery backup along with the dashcam so that even with the car off the hotspot and dashcam are powered to be able to send alert events to my cell phone.

Can this be done with the Sync 3's wifi hotspot? To keep the hotspot on even when the car is off, or to wire it directly to a remote battery source?
Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Some of the marketing I've seen for the service kind of makes it look like you can use the service while the car isn't in use but I just tried connecting to the hotspot and it's not showing up.

That sounds like a good idea though. I have a trial now but I can't find any use for the WiFi as my phone gets better download speeds. Although the car usually gets better upload. I'm not sure why since both are AT&T. If Sync could put the LTE connection to use for apps it might be useful.

I've found the Ford power monitoring doesn't seem as intelligent as it is on other makes. The just seem to have simple timers vs. active accessory power management.