Cyberbill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium Gt Convertible
Do any of you fellows have a dash-cam installed in your mustang
i am 71, and I am thinking of getting one for my own protection against AHole drivers and homeless freaks…etc…etc…you know what I’m talking about..
Thanks for all replies
Grandpa Bill
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
have running one since 2015. Its been a little helpful, but I haven't had any accidents or had to use it in court. I almost tried to use it to get out of a BS speeding ticket, but the lawyer couldn't figure out how to get it properly entered as evidence. (They declined to go to trial and dismissed the ticket anyway).

Most cameras won't easily distinguish license plates at a distance well enough to read. Up close and personal they should be fine. It helps to find one which you can hardwire in so you don't have to think about it. With a convertible, theft may be a small concern?

Keep in mind with a forward facing camera you're only going to catch the action ahead of you. Of course if you get hit from behind, its 90% going to be their fault anyway.

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I have the
GARMIN DASH CAM MINI 2
it's like $100 and pretty simple to use, it's only 720 but good enough for me

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I have the
Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2
I have the same on my truck and its nice. Better than the cam I bought back in 2015. Mobile phone connectivity is nice to have.

Jerryinpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
I have the
GARMIN DASH CAM MINI 2
I have a garmin dashcam 47, cost about 120-170. Similar to the Mini, but you get a magnetic mount, memory card and has a display. Never had to use video from it yet. Garmin has improved the cellphone app this year. I was thinking about adding a garmin mini on the rear window so as to have front n rear video.

Sponsored

Jerry Carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2021 California Special Black exterior
Your insurance company will love you for doing it. I run a $30 one on both cars. Great peace of mind, has come in handy a few times, even when the hawk with a rabbit in his beak flew into my windshield!

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
You need 3 things before backing out of your driveway:
  1. Seat belt
  2. Insurance
  3. Front & rear dash cams
Viofo dashcams FTW.

My A129 setup has 256G card, polaroid filters, and their 3wire parking power harness. Parking mode is great.

I designed and 3d-printed a spare rear mount that allows me to point my rear cam forward towards my dash display for track days.

Ramairetransam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 s550
if you have an android they have a dash cam pp you can download called droid dashcam .

5doorsoffury

Threads
Reaction score
a forsaken branch of the wavefunction called ny,
First Name
this guy
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
I have used a dash cam to settle a crash. some lady t boned me coming out of a parking lot i was in traffic and had the right of way. a by-standard told me i should of done one thing i told him to pound sand i had the right of way so he waited for the cops and lied about what happened as a witness. the insurance company said it's going to be a long investigation at which point i said i have video... the next day she called and said it was 100% there fault. CYA. You wont get licence plate numbers or anything its just for corroborating stories so if your gonna need a plate # get a high def one or use a gopro.

Fastrthnu5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt premium
i use a Cooau 2.5 from amazon. Its front and rear great picture quality. Has face and plate recognition. Auto start and stop recording when you start your car. And has motion action mode if someone is even moving near the camera it activates. Very easy app to use i am not computer friendly and have had no issues. It was about 150 has multiple charge options and a great mount.

Sponsored

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
Garmin mini 2 here. Love the small size and was simple to hardwire with the Garmin kit. Have Garmins in both cars because rule #1 ....everybody lies.

Stangalang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT Altas Blue
Are there any kits that would work for the convertible variants? If I wanted a rear facing dashcam as well? I know about forward facing, but was hoping to see if I could find ones that would record when the top is up and down.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Are there any kits that would work for the convertible variants? If I wanted a rear facing dashcam as well? I know about forward facing, but was hoping to see if I could find ones that would record when the top is up and down.
Me too. It has been suggested to me to get a weatherproof exterior rear camera but basically what I’ve seen is for the rear of a straight truck, i.e., ugly. Plus I don’t really want to drill holes in the back of the car for the mount and/or wire. I’ve been trying to think of a way to make a mount which would curve up over the centre of the seat back. Wouldn’t be great for top up, although better than nothing, but I’m mostly top down these days anyway.

RowdyRam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Vehicle(s)
22 GT DMG 6M Coupe

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I run Viofo A129 dual front/rear cams. I added a second rear mount (from eBay), and 3d-printed an wedge-shaped spacer to go under it, and stuck them to the right rear corner of the back windshield, and angled to my steering wheel.

When I get to the track, I simply unclip the rear cam (facing backward), and clip it to the spare mount (facing forward). It records my dash to show speed, gear, and rpm. The steering wheel blocks the view of the center display, so I can't record my CHT/trans/axle temps.
Sponsored