Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Iā€™m more interested in an apples to apples comparison. Manual to manual and a dark horse with all of the carbon fiber bits (since theyā€™re driving a R) which is supposed to lower the weight by ~100lbs. Also, Iā€™d love to see a track comparison by someone like Andy Pilgrim at NCM.

edit to add: I wonder if they did a rolling start for the video since the A10 has an advantage from a standstill. I just looked at the published 0-60 and quarter mile times for both cars, and ford claims the dark horse should be faster.

We need more videos, many more videosā€¦ā€¦. For science!!

Last edited:

GT-DM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Redd
Vehicle(s)
GT500 & other heaps
Iā€™m more interested in an apples to apples comparison. Manual to manual and a dark horse with all of the carbon fiber bits (since theyā€™re driving a R) which is supposed to lower the weight by ~100lbs. Also, Iā€™d love to see a track comparison by someone like Andy Pilgrim at NCM.

edit to add: I wonder if they did a rolling start for the video since the A10 has an advantage from a standstill. I just looked at the published 0-60 and quarter mile times for both cars, and ford claims the dark horse should be faster.

I think your right about why we saw a roll, & not from a dig.

No matter how much a purist someone is, (regarding manuals) it cannot be denied that the A10 is a trans to be reckoned with from a standing start.

That extra 100lbs less you spoke of is about 12.5hp ^^, by the math, on a typical 4k # vehicle.

Sponsored

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Iā€™d expect to see this result. The DH weighs nearly as much as a GT500. The R makes more power and is probably 5 or 600 pounds lighter.

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT California Special

The smartest thing to do would be to get a 10A Mach1 as that's probably as close to an apples to apples comparison you could get, alternatively maybe a roll race between 10A GT's could function as well but I think the DH vs Mach1 is probably the more interesting comparison.

Alternatively seeing them run the road course with the same driver and on the same tire would be more interesting.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Iā€™d expect to see this result. The DH weighs nearly as much as a GT500. The R makes more power and is probably 5 or 600 pounds lighter.
According to ford, the DH is only 200lbs heavier than the gt350R. The DH with carbon fiber will be ~100lbs heavier than the 350R.

Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
did you see the dark horse miss a shift or fuck up , look at 38 seconds, you can see it mess up right there . need to see a re run .
Good eye, he does lose significant ground right there at :38. I initially assumed it was just because the DH had to shift, and the extra rpm of the gt350 kept carrying it through. Thinking through it more though, especially with the shift speed of the A10 in auto, itā€™s probably more likely he was using the paddle shifters and carried the gear all the way to the rev limiter which made him lose momentum. So many questions!!!!

At the ā€œfinish lineā€ towards the end of the video, the DH was ~2 full seconds behind. Seems fishy.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Iā€™ve never understood these comparisons.
For me itā€™s always a big ā€œwho caresā€. Apples & oranges.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
According to ford, the DH is only 200lbs heavier than the gt350R. The DH with carbon fiber will be ~100lbs heavier than the 350R.
Iā€™ll have to find it but a loaded DH HP auto with a full tank tipped the scales over 4100. Wasnā€™t the R 3500 to 3600?

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Iā€™ll have to find it but a loaded DH HP auto with a full tank tipped the scales over 4100. Wasnā€™t the R 3500 to 3600?
I see a couple conflicting numbers on the internet for dark horse, but these seem pretty reliable since I believe they weigh the car at the time of testing (but I may be wrong.)

IMG_0066.png

IMG_0065.png
Sponsored