Sponsored

Damn Shipping Blocks!

Motorin Mark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M1355
Top of rear shocks or top of rear springs? Color?

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
Shocks, red or white, there is another thread in this Mach 1 forum with the PDI sheet showing pictures of the blocks that the dealer service personnel fail to read or even look at the pretty pictures.

OP
OP
Nardly

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
I found this for the 350R, I assume this is what it looks like. Around the 18 minute mark.

Sponsored

Motorin Mark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you, That helps, I'm going to check my rear shocks this weekend.

Motorin Mark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I pulled off my rear wheels tonight after work to check for spacers in the rear shocks and none were there. I could tell my dealer had not taken off my wheels to check this, so I have to conclude that they do not come on the rear shocks of our Mach 1's. If anybody finds different, please advise.

OP
OP
Nardly

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
So I pulled off my rear wheels tonight after work to check for spacers in the rear shocks and none were there. I could tell my dealer had not taken off my wheels to check this, so I have to conclude that they do not come on the rear shocks of our Mach 1's. If anybody finds different, please advise.
I hope you're right. I don't have a jack that goes low enough to fit under the car. I couldn't see it behind the wheel, tried video with my phone but it was to dark. I could feel near the top of the dust boot but not good enough to say yes or no.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
Wheels dont have to be removed to check, rear tires just have to be off ground so that suspension drops.

OP
OP
Nardly

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
My blocks were left in too, I reported it to the nice lady that follow up contacted me the next day and asked her for a copy of my PDI sheet, she said she would send it to me and she did. Sure enough the Tech signed off that he removed them, (he did not) and the Service Manager never did a sign off on the PDI sheet nor QC the car in any manner. The nice lady said she would have one of the managers contact me........Never heard a thing from anybody........I think they even blocked my Survey from Ford as that never came either........Second Mustang I purchased from them........
Did you have the ones on top of the rear shocks too?

Sponsored

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
I hope you're right. I don't have a jack that goes low enough to fit under the car. I couldn't see it behind the wheel, tried video with my phone but it was to dark. I could feel near the top of the dust boot but not good enough to say yes or no.
If you have a Harbor Freight near you they have some excellent aluminum, low profile racing jacks that will lift the whole side of the car if you are using jacking rails.

OP
OP
Nardly

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
If you have a Harbor Freight near you they have some excellent aluminum, low profile racing jacks that will lift the whole side of the car if you are using jacking rails.
I looked under the side of the car and didn't see a real good place to jack it up without some kind of adapter or pad.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Shocks, red or white, there is another thread in this Mach 1 forum with the PDI sheet showing pictures of the blocks that the dealer service personnel fail to read or even look at the pretty pictures.
1619917863197.png