Ls_Eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone! Wanted to pick some brains and get some opinions.

I recently picked up my new 2018 (7FEB18), at the time of doing so the Dealership has done their PDI inspection, and allowed me to do a quick one over, we then went in and finalized paperwork, during that time the dealership required that I sign a “disclosure” stating that any damages found after the vehicle were home, they were not responsible for. Figuring it was a brand new car (just off the truck, and special ordered) and that they had done their PDI I assumed my simple walk around was good.

Well, come to find later that day, there is paint missing from the passenger door handle, down to the plastic.

What would you do in this circumstance? The dealership that I received the car from wasn’t too thrilled about getting the delivery (I had ordered through a friend and simply had it delivered to their dealership).

I know it’s a small thing but being brand new it still bothers me :/.

What would you do in this situation?

rcnbrc.jpg

egqwsx.jpg

Thanks for any and all advice!
Sponsored

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
I'd call the dealer you ordered through and talk it over with him. See what he suggests.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I think it's unlikely the dealer will cover it, so I would try some touchup paint first. If not, replace the handle. It's a small piece and its not a body panel on the car so it won't be very expensive.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Hey everyone! Wanted to pick some brains and get some opinions.

I recently picked up my new 2018 (7FEB18), at the time of doing so the Dealership has done their PDI inspection, and allowed me to do a quick one over, we then went in and finalized paperwork, during that time the dealership required that I sign a “disclosure” stating that any damages found after the vehicle were home, they were not responsible for. Figuring it was a brand new car (just off the truck, and special ordered) and that they had done their PDI I assumed my simple walk around was good.

Well, come to find later that day, there is paint missing from the passenger door handle, down to the plastic.

What would you do in this circumstance? The dealership that I received the car from wasn’t too thrilled about getting the delivery (I had ordered through a friend and simply had it delivered to their dealership).

I know it’s a small thing but being brand new it still bothers me :/.

What would you do in this situation?

rcnbrc.jpg

egqwsx.jpg

Thanks for any and all advice!
Same thing happened to me years ago on my new 08 civic si.Dealer replaced the handle free of charge. Handles come pre-painted so it's a quick easy swap.

Dont fuck with it with touch up paint or anything until you've reached your acceptable solution. Once you mess with it chances of getting anything done are slim to none.

Don't act like the sky is falling but let the dealer know this is unacceptable and you'd like the situation rectified with a new handle installed.
Sponsored