Sponsored

CVF Piping kit, anyone have the same problem?

1QwkEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
So I've recently changed my setup to a NX2 and VTA from a Vargas stage 2 and recirc.

My issue is the coupler is not long enough at the bottom of the hot side hard pipe to intercooler connection. Literally the hot side piping kit is keeping me from putting my car back on the ground and driving it. So I have an ATM intercooler, and the NX2 turbo. Both items are supposed to work with factory intercooler piping. So I've tried every angle, combination etc to get everything connected and it's not working. I have every connection at the barest minimum of coupler on the pipe just over the beads and the clamps at the very edge of the coupler. I cannot get enough coupler on the pipe at the end of the hot pipe to the silicone coupler between the intercooler and end of the hot side pipe. I've tried everything. Technically it's on but it's not going to hold. If you look at the photos you can see the clamp half on the coupler and half off. I've tried the short leg of the coupler at the intercooler and at the hot side pipe. Tried every angle of it clocked different ways. I cannot get it. I don't want to throw the old setup back on since I spent all this money to go VTA with the parts etc. I don't want to buy a whole other piping kit either. From previous experience with other turbo cars I know that connection I attached photo of isn't going to hold. It will blow off the minute I get into decent boost.

Any ideas or has anyone come across this issue?

TIA!
IMG_9218.jpg
IMG_9219.jpg
IMG_9220.jpg
Sponsored

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
Yours looks different than mine, but I had a problem with the coupler not fitting on the ATM intercooler. I had use the factory coupler which is slightly too short. I tightened the intercooler end, and tightened the other end onto the pipe, then it took quite a bit of effort to pull it all right enough to get it to slip over the turbo connector. But once it was finally on there, it seems secure.

OP
OP
1QwkEcoBoost

1QwkEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Hey Rich, thanks for sharing your experience.

I tried what you said where I connected at the intercooler and hot pipe first. But when I tried to maneuver the 90 degree bend at the turbo it would distort the coupler between the intercooler and hot pipe.

Also that bead on the intercooler makes it hard to slide the coupler over it. It’s doable but not easy at all. Wish I had my factory coupler but I don’t. I reached out to cvf as well for any help they can offer.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Use silicon spray on the inside of the pipes to slip on over ribbed inlet/outlet tubes. After on you can still easily rotate if need be.

OP
OP
1QwkEcoBoost

1QwkEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Use silicon spray on the inside of the pipes to slip on over ribbed inlet/outlet tubes. After on you can still easily rotate if need be.
lol did that too, no matter how I how clock the fittings not enough coupler to slide over the bead onto the pipe and have the clamps not hang off the edge of the couplers.

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Not that this is the best solution but can't you just go buy a longer coupler? I can't imagine a piece of silicone being expensive. I'm curious to see how this is resolved, thanks for posting

OP
OP
1QwkEcoBoost

1QwkEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Not that this is the best solution but can't you just go buy a longer coupler? I can't imagine a piece of silicone being expensive. I'm curious to see how this is resolved, thanks for posting
Actually Jason with CVF let me know he had a similar issue with someone else using an ATM intercooler. He directed me on where to purchase a replacement coupler that will solve the issue.

Huge thanks to Jason at CVF and the timely, excellent customer service he provided today!

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Actually Jason with CVF let me know he had a similar issue with someone else using an ATM intercooler. He directed me on where to purchase a replacement coupler that will solve the issue.

Huge thanks to Jason at CVF and the timely, excellent customer service he provided today!
That's awesome. I have an atm unit as well so good to know there is a fix.

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)