Sponsored

CV Fabrication Resonator Delete / Y Pipe

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
I have the MBRP cat-back and it is a balanced Y.
Thats odd, didn't pop up in my y pipe searches on the big sites. That looks really nice as well. Roush, Borla, Flowmaster.-- wonder if it is included in the catback set, and not stand alone,

I already bought Roush but would of considered that.

edit. looking at your pic, that wouldn't of directly mated to stock piping is why I guess it isn't sold I reckon for a resonator delete. the Roush one directly mated to my car, just like CVF will directly replace

To be honest, I would of grabbed the CVF if it was in production, it looks nice and I dont really think the back pressure issue is that big of a difference, like someone said, once the pressure eqauls itself out once pressure from a muffler is pressured. (fancy science talk attempt)
IMG_8359.JPG
Sponsored

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
As far as I know its not available as a standalone piece. It does mate directly with the OEM downpipe and slip clamp. The outlets are made to slip into the MBRP mid pipes that go to their mufflers. Its all 3" except for the inlet which is reduced to OEM to mate with the downpipe. Of course I chopped that off to mate up with my 3" CVF downpipe, so 3" all the way.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
As far as I know its not available as a standalone piece. It does mate directly with the OEM downpipe and slip clamp. The outlets are made to slip into the MBRP mid pipes that go to their mufflers. Its all 3" except for the inlet which is reduced to OEM to mate with the downpipe. Of course I chopped that off to mate up with my 3" CVF downpipe, so 3" all the way.
I assumed I guess, the pipes looked flared out, while other pipes are straight, so it just threw me for a loop. All great designs and all accomplish same thing I bet.

learned stuff everyday. CVF has the nicest piece for $$. Stomps all over the MRT, I literally skipped MRT because I saw pics of the exhaust and video and it looked awful with welds and construction.

cvf-jason

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cvfab.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
Another quick note to build on this - make sure that the MBRP is T304 stainless, as most of their exhausts is ā€œaluminized steelā€, which isnā€™t the same thing.

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Another quick note to build on this - make sure that the MBRP is T304 stainless, as most of their exhausts is ā€œaluminized steelā€, which isnā€™t the same thing.
True, stay away from the MBRP installer series exhausts, since they are aluminized steel. The others are 409 stainless.

Sponsored

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just an educational note on stainless. The 2 most common stainless steels used in exhaust is T304 and T409. Each have their pros and cons. T304 has a higher percentage of chromium and nickel than the T409 which makes it more resistant to corrosion in cold-weather states, but because of the low ferrous content is susceptible to heat discoloring under extreme temperatures. T409 is stronger due to a higher ferrous content, and corrosion isn't normally a problem in warmer states. T409 is less expensive than T304 and is found in aftermarket exhaust components/systems like Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Invidia, MBRP, Accelatec, to name a few. T304 tends to be the go-to for Borla, Roush, Corsa, etc... There have also been reports from mandrel bending companies and exhaust installers of T304 mandrel bent components, that under extreme heat the bends try to straighten a bit causing fitment issues in some cases, i.e. fits perfectly when cold but once hot, the bends try to straighten causing intermittent body/frame contact.

Akingn88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arthur
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang ecoboost premium PP
I will be honest cvf products you cant go wrong with. Im speaking from experience. I have quite a few of their products on my car. Downpipe intercooler and charge pipes. If Jason from cvf is on here advertising it that means its something that has been through the ringer of test and he stands behind it. For those who doesn't know Jason trust me when i say he is an on call 24/7 rep. Any questions or problems he will answer any and everything. The only issue i have with jason is had I of known they were working on a race intercooler when i bought my street intercooler from them I would of waited a lil longer for that one. But none the less great quality products for great prices from cvf. A1 customer service even after transactions.

Robracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost with performance package
I also want to go with the CV Y- pipe with stock muffler system. but before I jump into this mod anyone have a good sound clip?

cvf-jason

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cvfab.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
I also want to go with the CV Y- pipe with stock muffler system. but before I jump into this mod anyone have a good sound clip?
We don't have a clip of our unit on a stock exhaust just yet, but this is a similar Y-pipe on the exhaust system (ours will sound just about the same).

Feel free to shoot over any more questions!

Sponsored

Bedwelljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 ecoboost Mustang
I recently installed a CV Fabrication Y Pipe / Resonator Delete as a tester and I have to say I am 100% Satisfied and would def recommend this product!

First off, the quality of the welds on this thing is top notch. They cut the Y portion of the pipe very long, so the exhaust should flow almost equally between the 2 pipes. All stainless steel of course, which gives it that Shiny New out of the box look ;)

Installation is about as easy as it gets with regards to installing such a mod. Both ends of the pipe are sized perfectly, with the single side that connects to the downpipe sliding right into place using the stock exhaust clamp, and the Y end has a decent split which allows your stock piping to slide into their pipe for easy clamping.

There is NO drone on this product, i can assure you that. After using it for a few weeks at highway and city speeds, you cant really tell its even there. There is some "throatiness" added to the stock exhaust sound (I only cut my resonator out, stock exhaust before and after). Its not "too loud" and def not "ricey" or whiney sounding like ive heard with other exhaust mods on the ecoboost. If you want something subtle with a def HP increase, this is the way to go. Their Price point is also Way lower than anything else out there, nearly cut in half, so you cant beat that!

I think it took about a week for the car to "learn" the new exhaust (I'd say common these days with nearly any bolt on mod). The car def pulls a bit harder in the lower gears.

Some advice / comments on the install:

install is as expected, cut your stock resonator out, slap the y pipe on. 2 cuts, 2 new clamps.

I used Ramps and a jack to really be able to get under the car. If you have access to a lift, or want to take it to a muffler shop youll def save yourself some time, but that can be said about nearly any install under any car right.

Be sure to cut your stock exhaust LONGER than the Y pipe, as the stock exhaust slides INTO the CV Fab Y pipe. Youll have plenty of tolerance with this method (you can always cut more off). Measure the Y pipe, and go an 2 inches at least before the slits. This will allow you to move your stock mufflers in / out a bit to make sure they are Straight after install (be sure to check this before you really clamp everything down and lower the car).

also, because of their "slip into" design, you dont need super straight cuts (somewhat difficult with a sawzaw laying under the car btw). if you end up with a goofy cut or jagged edges, dont worry about it; it wont matter.

Youll also be dropping several lbs by losing the stock resonator. that B*tch is heavy lol. and fwiw, so is the stock exhaust; I def recommend having a buddy under there with you, or an extra jack or something to hold all the exhaust in place during install; takes a bit of muscle to keep it all straight when tightening up those clamps.

all in all, I am quite happy with the upgrade :) Ill be posting a video or 2 from both outside and inside the car to show you there is no drone and a bit more sound outside the car. I think the digital sound piping (whatever you want to call it) also handles the mod just fine since the change is fairly minor.

If all goes well, install should be 2 hours or less, depending on your tools and experience with this stuff.

The staff at CV Fab were excellent and patient with me on this, and the products are top notch. Go CV Fab!
20190613_184006.jpg
20190613_181847.jpg
20190613_181841.jpg
20190626_194809.jpg
20190626_194814.jpg

Bedwelljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 ecoboost Mustang
Just waiting for mine to be delivered in the next few days. Are you still happy with it? Have you found it to be quite balanced? Any sound track yet?

Bedwelljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 ecoboost Mustang
Iā€™ve never been a fan of this style ā€˜Yā€™ pipe. Itā€™s more like an ā€˜hā€™ pipe. Itā€™s a straight pipe, with a second pipe sticking out of it, and not a true Y. With one straight section, itā€™s hard to believe that the flow wonā€™t be unbalanced. The flow will have a tendency to go straight, and mostly exit through one muffler. Maybe back pressure from the mufflers will help balance it or something, but Iā€™m not convinced.
Just installed this on a very cold day, the exhaust gas seemed to be equal. Both sides were emitting the same amount of smoke.

Bedwelljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 ecoboost Mustang
I recently installed a CV Fabrication Y Pipe / Resonator Delete as a tester and I have to say I am 100% Satisfied and would def recommend this product!

First off, the quality of the welds on this thing is top notch. They cut the Y portion of the pipe very long, so the exhaust should flow almost equally between the 2 pipes. All stainless steel of course, which gives it that Shiny New out of the box look ;)

Installation is about as easy as it gets with regards to installing such a mod. Both ends of the pipe are sized perfectly, with the single side that connects to the downpipe sliding right into place using the stock exhaust clamp, and the Y end has a decent split which allows your stock piping to slide into their pipe for easy clamping.

There is NO drone on this product, i can assure you that. After using it for a few weeks at highway and city speeds, you cant really tell its even there. There is some "throatiness" added to the stock exhaust sound (I only cut my resonator out, stock exhaust before and after). Its not "too loud" and def not "ricey" or whiney sounding like ive heard with other exhaust mods on the ecoboost. If you want something subtle with a def HP increase, this is the way to go. Their Price point is also Way lower than anything else out there, nearly cut in half, so you cant beat that!

I think it took about a week for the car to "learn" the new exhaust (I'd say common these days with nearly any bolt on mod). The car def pulls a bit harder in the lower gears.

Some advice / comments on the install:

install is as expected, cut your stock resonator out, slap the y pipe on. 2 cuts, 2 new clamps.

I used Ramps and a jack to really be able to get under the car. If you have access to a lift, or want to take it to a muffler shop youll def save yourself some time, but that can be said about nearly any install under any car right.

Be sure to cut your stock exhaust LONGER than the Y pipe, as the stock exhaust slides INTO the CV Fab Y pipe. Youll have plenty of tolerance with this method (you can always cut more off). Measure the Y pipe, and go an 2 inches at least before the slits. This will allow you to move your stock mufflers in / out a bit to make sure they are Straight after install (be sure to check this before you really clamp everything down and lower the car).

also, because of their "slip into" design, you dont need super straight cuts (somewhat difficult with a sawzaw laying under the car btw). if you end up with a goofy cut or jagged edges, dont worry about it; it wont matter.

Youll also be dropping several lbs by losing the stock resonator. that B*tch is heavy lol. and fwiw, so is the stock exhaust; I def recommend having a buddy under there with you, or an extra jack or something to hold all the exhaust in place during install; takes a bit of muscle to keep it all straight when tightening up those clamps.

all in all, I am quite happy with the upgrade :) Ill be posting a video or 2 from both outside and inside the car to show you there is no drone and a bit more sound outside the car. I think the digital sound piping (whatever you want to call it) also handles the mod just fine since the change is fairly minor.

If all goes well, install should be 2 hours or less, depending on your tools and experience with this stuff.

The staff at CV Fab were excellent and patient with me on this, and the products are top notch. Go CV Fab!
20190613_184006.jpg
20190613_181847.jpg
20190613_181841.jpg
20190626_194809.jpg
20190626_194814.jpg
I bought one of these which was at a very reasonable price shipped from the states Ā£140 in all. Installed it today and shed 2.3kg (7lbs) from the car. It seemed a that my tune has taken advantage of the better flow.
Secondly started up on a cold day and saw even flow from both pipes.

The original Resonator weighed 6.6kg (14.55lbs) the new Y pipe with clamps weighed 3.4kg (7.lbs) saving 3.2kg (7lbs) in all and, I am sure it has increased HP slightly.

Last edited:

Shawn51fla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 ecoboost premium mustang
Anyone know will the $139 CVF Y pipe work with the Flowmaster outlaw axelback?
Flowmaster have a y pipe i know fits but is $285
Can then turn that saved $140 into a free Custom trans tune.
Both are 2.5" but the Flowmaster looks to spread out more.
Sponsored