Cut key information label

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Need to see if you'll can help me. I was reading the owner's manual and read that the dealer was supposed to provide me a cut key information label but I never got one. I called the dealer and they said that they never had that for my car and told me to call Ford customer relations, when I called they told me to get with the dealer. No luck getting the dealer to help. Does anyone know who I can contact to get this information?

Thanks
David T
Screenshot_20200511-222750_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Need to see if you'll can help me. I was reading the owner's manual and read that the dealer was supposed to provide me a cut key information label but I never got one. I called the dealer and they said that they never had that for my car and told me to call Ford customer relations, when I called they told me to get with the dealer. No luck getting the dealer to help. Does anyone know who I can contact to get this information?

Thanks
David T
Screenshot_20200511-222750_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
Are you sure it was not possibly put in or attached with any paperwork you received when you bought the car?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I don't remember seeing that in my owners manual and I also have a 20...I never got anything like that either with my car and I bought new.

With that said any dealer should be able to order a new key for you with your VIN. Maybe it's only for getting a replacement key from a third party locksmith?

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Among my six bought-new Mustangs, I'm certain on the last four I received such information attached to the keys/fobs, in this form:

Passing thought: one other thing the dealer should pass along is the lugnut key. Could be together in the glove box?

GrayCarKeyInfoTagsDSCN7169.jpg

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Among my six bought-new Mustangs, I'm certain on the last four I received such information attached to the keys/fobs, in this form:

Passing thought: one other thing the dealer should pass along is the lugnut key. Could be together in the glove box?

Hmm, I did get something very similar to that, it has the VIN on it and a barcode. But it doesn't look exactly the same as yours and doesn't have "www.scansolutions.com" on it. Guess I did get it after all though. I had to find my other keyfob since I forgot all that stuff was attached to it.

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I

I got the wheel lock information but not the cut key information. This really sucks

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I

I got the wheel lock information but not the cut key information. This really sucks
FWIW, when I bought mine used it only came with one fob. The dealer had a locksmith meet me at the dealership to make a second fob/key. The locksmith used the VIN to get the code for the emergency key and to program the fob.
Also, if you look at some of the online places that send you activated keys they ask for the VIN as well.
That and anyone set up to cut that key blank, and I found that they're a bit hard to find, can use your key to copy a new one.
So, unless you just want that little tag, not having it won't keep you from getting a key.
Sponsored