Sponsored

Saleen Black label ordered

Dortzs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, PP, 50 yrpks.2016 Saleen BLK LB
I ordered a 2016 race red Saleen black label With Out the supercharger,( I will never use the 700 plus HP potential) in the first week of September . I have looked in the Saleen forum, this forum and I have not found any information on estimated delivery time for my Saleen. Saleen quoted me that it would take 6 weeks to get the car from Ford then another 4 weeks to have it turned into a Saleen. I have emailed Saleen for ETA but it is unknown at this time. I wanted to know if anyone had an idea on how long the process is? I found one thread were a person ordered a black label in April 2015 and got the car in October 2015. That is seven months :(. any input would be helpful THANK YOU !
Sponsored

505STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0
I ordered a 2016 race red Saleen black label With Out the supercharger,( I will never use the 700 plus HP potential) in the first week of September . I have looked in the Saleen forum, this forum and I have not found any information on estimated delivery time for my Saleen. Saleen quoted me that it would take 6 weeks to get the car from Ford then another 4 weeks to have it turned into a Saleen. I have emailed Saleen for ETA but it is unknown at this time. I wanted to know if anyone had an idea on how long the process is? I found one thread were a person ordered a black label in April 2015 and got the car in October 2015. That is seven months :(. any input would be helpful THANK YOU !
Sorry man, I cant answer your question. Have you called Saleen directly? Do you have any Dealers that Carry Saleens.
I'm in Albuquerque and we have a Roush and a Saleen dealer here with cars on the lot. I am surprised you don't have the resources there.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Good luck!!!
I wanted to order a 2015 Black Label 302 With a Kenne Bell supercharger and custom order, but I NEVER got a straight answer. Plus, I would get emails from Saleen on the weekends, like on a Sunday at weird hours. Just didn't seem right. Most of the dealeships that I had been in contact with, didn't do business with Saleen any more. So,.............I took it as a sign and didn't pursue it any more. It wasn't worth it. And everyone on another forum told me to stay away from Saleen products. (The ner stuff, not the older stuff.)
Where did you order your car from?
Good luck!

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Well, if it's any indication on when they got it possibly, I ordered 9/28 and picked my GT up from Ford last night. I would call Saleen and see if they have even received the car, and if not PM Ford customer support on this forum (Deysha is awesome) and see if she can track it down.

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
That sucks OP. When you say you emailed them and it is unknown, does that mean they aren't responding, or that they are telling you they don't know?

I didn't actually know that the Saleen cars were actually being built already. I know they have a ton of money issues, but it has been fairly quiet regarding them lately.

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
can we talk you out of a saleen...?

olla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75K for the black label? That's insane. That's like one and a half GT350s lol. They do look very awesome. Good luck OP.

OP
OP
Dortzs550

Dortzs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good luck!!!
I wanted to order a 2015 Black Label 302 With a Kenne Bell supercharger and custom order, but I NEVER got a straight answer. Plus, I would get emails from Saleen on the weekends, like on a Sunday at weird hours. Just didn't seem right. Most of the dealeships that I had been in contact with, didn't do business with Saleen any more. So,.............I took it as a sign and didn't pursue it any more. It wasn't worth it. And everyone on another forum told me to stay away from Saleen products. (The ner stuff, not the older stuff.)
Where did you order your car from?
Good luck!
I ordered the car directly from Saleen. I live in Sothern California so I drove to Corona to Saleen HQ and placed my order. I did not want to get it from a dealership because most places had them marked up . Since it is ordered from saleen their is no mark up on the car.

OP
OP
Dortzs550

Dortzs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75K for the black label? That's insane. That's like one and a half GT350s lol. They do look very awesome. Good luck OP.
I was looking to get a GT350, I even when to place my order but when the dealership told me they were going to mark it up anywhere from 20k to 50k I laughed, and said no thank you .

Sponsored

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
1 GT350 with dealer markup!

OP
OP
Dortzs550

Dortzs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen has been a car that I always wanted since I was 11. Ever since I bough the GT with PP I have been in love with the S550. I could only imagine that the handling in the Saleen will be better than the GT even though the GT handling is amazing.

505STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0
Saleen has been a car that I always wanted since I was 11. Ever since I bough the GT with PP I have been in love with the S550. I could only imagine that the handling in the Saleen will be better than the GT even though the GT handling is amazing.
Yes, I used to love the s95 saleens when I was young too. The overall quality on that setup was really nice and set it apart from the GT's.
I used to like the Camaro SS SLP's too.

Dude Congrats on your car!!!. If I were u, I'd be on the Phone or at their front door saying WTF!!!!:frusty:.

Litenin75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT/CS
Saleen...I owned an '07 Saleen 330sc F150. Wouldn't buy one with someone else's money.

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
A man and wife in our Mustang club work directly with Steve Saleen,they were with Steve at the American Muscle show up in PA this summer,he had serial # 1 built for them,all 4 of us sat at the table at the show and chated,they have worked for him for many years,and travel around the country with him at car shows,so they are in constant contact with Steve Saleen,I just saw tis couple on Sunday at a Mustang show in Florida.
Sponsored