Sponsored

Custom Paint and Painted Stripes in Southern California! I'm Very Happy! Great Deal

OP
OP
socal2fast

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
You can do stripes with the black roof. Went looking for photos. These are bad as they are a photo of a photo. But good to see what it looks like.

38881412412_0dbdcf820d_c.jpg

38881410072_5d73ff37c2_z.jpg

38916802961_41189e2506_z.jpg

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I'm guessing the stripes under the trunk and hood didn't fall under the $1250?

Pull down the headliner, is it striped there too? HAHA

That stripe job though is one of the best I've ever seen. Love the attention to detail there.

Man, if I could find someone to paint stripes for about that price and actually do a good job in my area, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
A shop that specializes in high end cars did some repairs to my ATS and it was perfect. I had asked them what they would charge to do stripes like this on my Mustang and they quoted $2xxx (don't recall the exact number) so I wasn't interested. I went back today and showed them this and talked them down some. I don't want the inside of the trunk and hood because I want to retain the liners so not as good a price maybe but I'll wager a perfect paint job. Now I have to stop procrastinating on a spoiler so they can paint that at the same time.

Last edited:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Got to agree with everyone else, the stripes being *everywhere* including under the hood and trunk is so well done. And the gloss on all the plastic looks great too, never even thought about it on the mirror area honestly.

Sponsored

OP
OP
socal2fast

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Got to agree with everyone else, the stripes being *everywhere* including under the hood and trunk is so well done. And the gloss on all the plastic looks great too, never even thought about it on the mirror area honestly.
Yea the blacked out parts just keeps it looking nice. You know how the Plastic looks over time.

I'm going to be getting the new 3m Clear Film to protect all the areas that could get rock chips and stuff.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Have to say that looks really really good. :clap2:

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
Wow that looks amazing. That’s some quality work for sure!

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Just got my New 2017 back from having the stripes painted on the car under clear coat and I love it. It's great bring able to pick any color and I love the look. The company I went to painted stripes under the clear coat starting at $1250! Super Deal.
I am assuming they scuffed up the factory clear coat so the stripes would stick, laid down stripes and then cleared over them.

Did they scuff and clear the whole panels that got striped (hood, trunk, roof and bumpers)? If not, how was the new clear done?

Did they remove the bumpers?

draph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT PP1
White stripes over black roof still looks good!
Here's an interesting "I wonder how this would look idea":
Since the white stripe has a black pinstripe on the grabber blue sections, how about the white stripes have a grabber blue pinstripe on the black roof section? It might just tie everything together pretty nicely...IMHO, if you keep the black roof, but don't go with some kind of pinstripe on the edges of the white stripe, the stripe on the roof will visually look narrower than the one on the hood and trunk.

Another thought with keeping the black painted roof with white stripe option: Have the area between the white stripes on the black roof also be grabber blue...

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
looks great

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC