AnthonyA1234

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 1992 Mustang GT
Can anyone recommend a wheel with a center stripe I could put that vinyl piece Bikeman315 recommended that just has black stitching. All the gt350 wheels I find only have red stitching and that wouldn’t match the interior.
Sponsored

WhatTheFetch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
19 Bullitt / 15 BMW M3
Vehicle Showcase
Another option is to have your steering wheel re-wrapped.

I recently had my BMW steering wheel done by Coby wheel and really like the way it turned out. Unfortunately he only does BMW..

I decided to wrap my Bullitt wheel and found Redline Goods. Don't know much about them but I figured I would give them a shot. I bought a used steering wheel on the classified section to use as a core. I'm not doing a stripe though, I'm going with black Nappa and black Perforated Nappa with green stitching. I'll post some pics when I get it back.

Another option: Dallas Custom Steering Wheel..
http://www.dallassteeringwheel.com

Redline Goods
https://www.redlinegoods.com

Here is my BMW steering wheel.
fullsizeoutput_3c49.jpeg

OP
OP
AnthonyA1234

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Another option is to have your steering wheel re-wrapped.

I recently had my BMW steering wheel done by Coby wheel and really like the way it turned out. Unfortunately he only does BMW..

I decided to wrap my Bullitt wheel and found Redline Goods. Don't know much about them but I figured I would give them a shot. I bought a used steering wheel on the classified section to use as a core. I'm not doing a stripe though, I'm going with black Nappa and black Perforated Nappa with green stitching. I'll post some pics when I get it back.

Another option: Dallas Custom Steering Wheel..
http://www.dallassteeringwheel.com

Redline Goods
https://www.redlinegoods.com

Here is my BMW steering wheel.
fullsizeoutput_3c49.jpeg
Why did you get another core You can’t use the stock one?

WhatTheFetch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
19 Bullitt / 15 BMW M3
Vehicle Showcase
Why did you get another core You can’t use the stock one?
You can definitely use the stock one.

When it comes time to sell it I want to put the original one back on. With the Bullitt being a specialty vehicle I assume that most buyers will want it in stock form. I got a great deal on it and this way I can drive the car while I wait for the steering wheel to get wrapped.

OP
OP
AnthonyA1234

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
You can definitely use the stock one.

When it comes time to sell it I want to put the original one back on. With the Bullitt being a specialty vehicle I assume that most buyers will want it in stock form. I got a great deal on it and this way I can drive the car while I wait for the steering wheel to get wrapped.
Makes sense, post some pics when you get it I’m very interested! Which thread color did you pick was the dark green they have the same as the stitching in the bullitt interior?

Sponsored

WhatTheFetch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
19 Bullitt / 15 BMW M3
Vehicle Showcase
Makes sense, post some pics when you get it I’m very interested! Which thread color did you pick was the dark green they have the same as the stitching in the bullitt interior?
I went with the medium green, I was worried the dark green would be too dark.

It will be a while before I can post any pics. Apparently they are waiting for some more Nappa leather. Once they make the template they send it to me for inspection with a prepaid label then I box up my steering wheel and the template to send to the installer. I will post pics as soon as I get it back.

OP
OP
AnthonyA1234

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if I could use the medium green for the wheel stripe, I only see dark green as one of the options.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I went with the medium green.
How much was the damage? :D And what other changes are you doing, like making it thicker, more prominent thumb grips, etc. I liked your idea of keeping the OEM wheel, and buying a second one was the best way to do it. Nothing like OEM quality... even if it's not the best. But typically is better than any aftermarket alternatives. Hey, how hard is to remove the airbag? Hopefully you can make a DIY video :). Good luck.

WhatTheFetch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
19 Bullitt / 15 BMW M3
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if I could use the medium green for the wheel stripe, I only see dark green as one of the options.
I would reach out to them, I remember reading somewhere that they sent samples out to someone.

I was actually going to go with the dark green stripe but changed my mind at the last minute due to it being cow hide leather instead of the Nappa that I ordered. I thought it might be too thick.

WhatTheFetch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
19 Bullitt / 15 BMW M3
Vehicle Showcase
How much was the damage? :D And what other changes are you doing, like making it thicker, more prominent thumb grips, etc. I liked your idea of keeping the OEM wheel, and buying a second one was the best way to do it. Nothing like OEM quality... even if it's not the best. But typically is better than any aftermarket alternatives. Hey, how hard is to remove the airbag? Hopefully you can make a DIY video :). Good luck.
I'm in it for $340 which includes the wrap, upgraded shipping and the install. I upgraded to nappa leather on the top and bottom and perforated nappa on the sides. I didn't want to add the extra padding because they leave the existing leather on and wrap over it. I didn't want it to be too thick and some of the samples they showed with the extra padding looked a little puffy. I'm trying to keep it OEM looking which is another reason I decided not to go with the stripe.

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
they will not sell them as they will not sell the wheels either..the Edition Customers went nuts and started talking lawsuits!!! Ie:...why would they pay for a unique vehicle....then the supplier sells all the parts!!! Yikes!

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
That sounds excellent. I don't like fat steering wheels, even though I have big (but narrow) hands. The extra layer of leather should leave it quite nice. I'd have liked 'thumb grips', but like them subtle. Our cars don't have them, but it's not a big deal, since I drive at 9-3 or right above the spokes, so there's no need for them. But they're functional and look nice :). Please post pictures when you get it. It's very reasonably priced; I was expecting over $500. Thank you for giving us the details.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I know the colour looks wrong but I promise it is my iPhone as the colour is VERY close to the oem green stitching. As posted previously. Really comfortable in the hand.
7B7159EE-CD0E-4F35-A66D-C3029B79678E.jpeg

OP
OP
AnthonyA1234

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I went with the medium green, I was worried the dark green would be too dark.

It will be a while before I can post any pics. Apparently they are waiting for some more Nappa leather. Once they make the template they send it to me for inspection with a prepaid label then I box up my steering wheel and the template to send to the installer. I will post pics as soon as I get it back.
What I’m going to end up going is get the Nappa leather and perforated leather steering wheel with the medium green stitching. For the stripe Mike from Redline suggested that he stitches a green outline of the stripe since they don’t have the medium green option for stripes which I really like. I think it’ll look cool and lowkey which I like. And if anything I could put that adhesive stripe between the outline if I ever want it. Please show the stitching when you get it so I can be sure the medium green is correct. Thanks!
Sponsored