Sponsored

Curious why more members don't opt for muffler delete vs expensive brand name exhaust

Tucsonturbos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost
Muffler delete ftw. Only aftermarket exhaust really worth the time to me are ultimate racing. No reason a 4cyl should be a dual exit, it just adds weight and cost. You can go a step further and delete the resonator with a straight through pipe to delete the the other half of the catback and save another roughly 20lb. Restriction isn't and issues there at near stock power levels I even picked up 1 psi after it. Look at any high performance 4cyl and you will never see a dual exit, just a 3" single exit. I wish more companies would do this instead of making symmetrical tips that just look nice.
Sponsored

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Muffler delete ftw. Only aftermarket exhaust really worth the time to me are ultimate racing. No reason a 4cyl should be a dual exit, it just adds weight and cost. You can go a step further and delete the resonator with a straight through pipe to delete the the other half of the catback and save another roughly 20lb. Restriction isn't and issues there at near stock power levels I even picked up 1 psi after it. Look at any high performance 4cyl and you will never see a dual exit, just a 3" single exit. I wish more companies would do this instead of making symmetrical tips that just look nice.
Subaru would disagree with you about dual exhaust. But yes, dual outlets are moot for our engines... But hey it looks nice, and 20 more lbs won't make that much difference.

Tucsonturbos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost
Subaru would disagree with you about dual exhaust. But yes, dual outlets are moot for our engines... But hey it looks nice, and 20 more lbs won't make that much difference.
Why would they disagree?.. As far as I know, Subaru have never once made a true dual exhaust 4 cylinder. Their "dual exhaust" is a header collecting to a turbo or single exhaust splitting in the catback like ours, but if im wrong enlighten me so I can learn more. on the 20lb, every ounce counts when you go for weight reduction and 20-40lb for a proper turboback exhaust is huge low hanging fruit.

i4gains

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver EB Mustang with PP
I have the muffler delete set up right now, still have resonators, but in my opinion the only system worth spending a penny on is the borla ataks, i personally like it loud.

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Its really up to personal preference. Sound is entirely subjective, so if you like the way the muffler delete sounds, and are on a budget, it is a great option. It will not, however, give you the same look and power gains of a quality catback, which is more important to some people.

Sponsored

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
On my EB I had went with muffler delete and resonator delete, was whisper quiet at cruise and excellent exhaust note during hard acceleration, got complements all the time for a "4 cylinder". the magnaflow competition and stainless works exhaust were the only two I considered but I spent $250 on the tips and work at my local muffler shop vs $1k for the aftermarket catbacks. Sounded pretty similar to those systems.

BlackBoostedStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
$175 and I can't argue spending 500-700 on a CBE for sound
[ame]

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Anyone with catless downpipe, resonator delete, and muffler delete?

BlackBoostedStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Nice! Getting a 3" single exit catback done saturday to keep close to that sound with a 3" downpipe. Will post when done!
Make sure to post! There aren't enough single exit clips on the web yet:cheers:

Sponsored

Tucsonturbos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost
Make sure to post! There aren't enough single exit clips on the web yet:cheers:
I'll try not good with technology. Either way will try and get before and afters of my muffler/res delete. What I would really love to see is some a functional diffuser and "stock diffuser" delete

BlackBoostedStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I opted for my own custom exhaust using Vibrant exhaust parts. :) Sounds fantastic. Better than any of the 1K catback out there. Cost me about $300

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I wanted something that sounded good but that I could still have a conversation at 100mph on the autobahn.
Also I wanted to do a true 3 inch exhaust from the turbo and have no neck down at the connector. Fortunately all of this was solved for me with the MAP P1.5 kit.

Perfect IMHO,a subtle but mean sound that never goes ricer at any point.
Sponsored