Sponsored

Cross border shipping services like shippsy or CBP?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Has anyone used a cross border service to ship parts into Canada? They provide you with a US mailing address and charge you a service fee to clear customs and bring it across to their depot in Toronto. From there you have the option of picking it up or having it shipped within Canada.

Thinking of trying these guys: shippsy.com

Most online US parts sellers will only ship by UPS, FEDEX, or other extortionist courier service to Canada.
This is just the shipping quote (not including springs) in USD for a set of lowering springs from BMR:
1647285062618.png

For US addresses BMR shipping is free. For Canadians just north of the US border we get screwed. Then there's duty and HST on top of that.
Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Hey bud. I have.

https://www.cbiusa.com/

That’s who I’ve used. Near Military Mall outlets... drop the wife there and get my stuff and claim her clothes at the border lol. Glad I didn’t say that out loud...

Issue right now is still crossing the border itself and vaccination / COVID testing. Hopefully this gets dropped quick. I got screwed over for a Lightning - Sabres game. Bought tickets as soon as they lifted the testing requirement and 2 weeks later put it back on. Still on now unfortunately.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I think Mississauga maybe for CBP. Do you pay shipping and duty to there then?

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Thanks. Things are still F'd for crossing the border. That's why I was thinking of trying this service. I would only have to drive to Mississauga to pickup my shipment.
Both CBP and Shippsy have locations there. Shippsy also in London too but their hours suck.

Sponsored

Scott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 2008 Mustang GT/CS, 1970 Boss 302
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Things are still F'd for crossing the border. That's why I was thinking of trying this service. I would only have to drive to Mississauga to pickup my shipment.
Both CBP and Shippsy have locations there. Shippsy also in London too but their hours suck.
I have used CBP for a few years now and are happy with their service. Recently during Covid I used their mail service and have found the pricing reasonable for smaller items. My only complaint is their system does not give you an estimated delivery cost before you get to the checkout.

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG BULLITT K4675 2020 INFINITI Q50 RS 400
I use CBP all the time and just recently for my front bumper sequentials. I only paid taxes and delivery, no duties. As far as delivery pricing it is on their website if you are looking for pricing before shipping.

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Thanks for the inputs everyone. Looks like I'll be trying out CBP to get my parts.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I just checked out CBP's website, that looks good. Occasionally I have small stuff I don't need immediately shipped to Florida (only in the winter months) but have to wait until April for it to arrive here when the snowbirds return.
Sponsored