No Sync Services in Canada

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
Did you guys know that the Sync Services are not available in Canada?
I was sitting in my car yesterday playing with the settings and after going through most of them I decided to try the services. Nothing... I thought maybe they need to be installed or activated so I called Ford Sync Canada Customer support and they confirmed that Sync services are not available.

WTF Ford.

This is what we are not getting.
http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/sync-services-overview-sync
Sponsored

Moustache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TTC
I kind of remember that. When we got the 2012 MKX, it showed traffic info on Nav. I couldn't get it anymore when I renewed the subscription with Canadian SiriusXM after the 3-month trial period had ended.

Post pictures of you car :D
Oh you have. ooops

kloxxe

Threads
Reaction score
Weird considering that the 800$ Navigation supposed to include 5 years SiriusXM Traffic subscription.... (as per the brochure).

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
I did post a question about this somewhere here. We don't get anything but pay much more money for this cars. It is a shame.

Sponsored

Ecobeast

GT owner now.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford mustang GT
So am I to understand the Nav will not work? If so the option should never be available when building in Canada.

Mirko03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mirko
Vehicle(s)
15' Mustang GT
So am I to understand the Nav will not work? If so the option should never be available when building in Canada.
The nav will work, I believe that some features like the traffic updates and some of the apps will not work in Canada, I am only speculating as I do not have the car yet, but my dad's Focus has the same system and the nav works but not the Traffic updates.

kloxxe

Threads
Reaction score
Great, so 800$ goes for a nav which is vastly inferior to my phone's free google map navigation... erghh :-(

OP
OP

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)

kloxxe

Threads
Reaction score
5 year traffic included (ref. above) - apparently for the US only...

Sponsored

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
So then this makes the Nav practically not worth the $800. Might as well use Waze for its traffic and social aspect.

OP
OP

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
So then this makes the Nav practically not worth the $800. Might as well use Waze for its traffic and social aspect.
It never was for me. $800 when everything is there (minus GPS antenna) is nuts for just the software. I could understand is GPS mean getting the 8" screen but it's already there with Premium Package so it's just software.

I use Nokia Here Drive+ on my phone. It's free, downloadable maps and still give me turn by turn through the car Bluetooth.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
It never was for me. $800 when everything is there (minus GPS antenna) is nuts for just the software. I could understand is GPS mean getting the 8" screen but it's already there with Premium Package so it's just software.

I use Nokia Here Drive+ on my phone. It's free, downloadable maps and still give me turn by turn through the car Bluetooth.
You should try Waze. Tells you if there is a hidden police, construction, accidents etc..

OP
OP

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
You should try Waze. Tells you if there is a hidden police, construction, accidents etc..
I've used Waze. I like it but Here Drive+ integrates better with my calendar for meetings. Both are good, just personal preference.

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
this unfortunately is not new. i have a 2011 and my sync setup is not as advanced as it is in the 6G but i have limited options as well :(
Sponsored