Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Extra charges - no service

this unfortunately is not new. i have a 2011 and my sync setup is not as advanced as it is in the 6G but i have limited options as well :(
But there is one of the points I don't get it why we pay much more for this cars and do not get what we are paying for.

Ford is charging Canadians $1,600 delivery US $895.
Ford is charging Canadians more: V6 $500/ EB $2,000/GT $3,000

And I am not going into details how much all upgrades are but:
PP for the GT is $1,200 more, AT is $300 more.

Navigation is the same price only that MySync apps are working in the USA including traffic services and free for 5 years.

Not in Canada. Should we not get a discount?
Sponsored

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
But there is one of the points I don't get it why we pay much more for this cars and do not get what we are paying for.

Ford is charging Canadians $1,600 delivery US $895.
Ford is charging Canadians more: V6 $500/ EB $2,000/GT $3,000

And I am not going into details how much all upgrades are but:
PP for the GT is $1,200 more, AT is $300 more.

Navigation is the same price only that MySync apps are working in the USA including traffic services and free for 5 years.

Not in Canada. Should we not get a discount?
Propably too late to get a discount. The only reason I'm keeping Nav on my order (while is still processing) is the retail value when its time to sell.

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
I only hope that the MAPS are up to date! On our 2014 Jeep GC are still 2012 NAVTEQ maps and still no update available.

kloxxe

Threads
Reaction score
I use Nokia Here Drive+ on my phone. It's free, downloadable maps and still give me turn by turn through the car Bluetooth.
The 800$ Myford Touch navigation uses the very same Nokia HERE (former NAVTEQ) maps.... Considering that the hardware (less the GPS antenna) is already part of the GT Premium, we basically pay 800$ for the otherwise free Nokia HERE navigation + a 10$ GPS antenna (10$ might be an overstatement here)

:mad::mad::frusty::frusty:

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
BTW:
The complains about "Services" are not "only" FORD Canada. My UConnect 8.3 what runs on QNX (UNIX base) doesn't offer UConnect APPS here in Canada. I can't add any APPS from our phone to our JEEP like the guys can do in the USA.

What makes me nuts, the radio doesn't have a power button at all on our UConnect. You get in the car, start the engine and the radio starts playing. You can only MUTE the radio. The system is on, also you do not use it. We have our JEEP now 1 1/2 years. I can't get use to that kind of shxx! I do not know what some so called engineers are thinking. The software is the same like in the USA but we can only use 1/2 of it. Doesn't matter what brand you drive. Makes me nuts! :D

Sponsored

OP
OP

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
BTW:
The complains about "Services" are not "only" FORD Canada. My UConnect 8.3 what runs on QNX (UNIX base) doesn't offer UConnect APPS here in Canada. I can't add any APPS from our phone to our JEEP like the guys can do in the USA.

What makes me nuts, the radio doesn't have a power button at all on our UConnect. You get in the car, start the engine and the radio starts playing. You can only MUTE the radio. The system is on, also you do not use it. We have our JEEP now 1 1/2 years. I can't get use to that kind of shxx! I do not know what some so called engineers are thinking. The software is the same like in the USA but we can only use 1/2 of it. Doesn't matter what brand you drive. Makes me nuts! :D
It's frustrating how little Canada gets. In some cases it's the manufacturers, in some it's the CRTC.
So looks like when Ford moves to QNX we won't see any service improvement.

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
I do not hope for any changes. I mean. Why can't we add some apps to our radio? This doesn't even have to do with traffic services.

Well....:shrug:
Sponsored