04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
Hi folks,

I have lived too long with the 9 speaker audio system in my 19 GT.

I have an appointment to have a subwoofer amp and 2 channel speaker amp installed this saturday. With black friday coming i am planning on getting some new speakers and maybe a DSP.

Here is what i am planning:

1. Kick 600 watt RMS mono amp
2. Axera 2 channel amp 90 watts RMS per channel. (running this in my regal driving some focals and it works great)
3. Focal Performance 165AS3 3 ways
4. Focal Access 12 inch subwoofer. (power at about 300 w RMS)
5. maybe: Pioneer DEQ-S1000A

I have 2 big questions for those of you who have swapped speakers.

1. Is there enough clearance behind the mid range speaker for something like whats in the focal set to fit?
2. how bad is the factory EQ? Do i NEED the DSP? I had a Volvo that was almost un-listenable with the factory EQ and after market speakers.
Sponsored

OP
OP

04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
My other choice for speakers would be 2 ways from Focal in their flax series. Crutchfield says theyre too tall by .01 inch. Im sure some trimming could be done to accomodate that.
If you guys were going to choose a set would you have the fiberglass 3 ways or the flax 2 ways?
I auditioned 2 ways from each model at a local store. I definitely preffered the Flax speakers, but never having had 3 ways, i dont know if the 3 way access will be better than the 2 way flax.

NickD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005+2018
I have a set of the flax series sitting in the box beside me. I decided not to go through with installing them in the car, if your interested PM me
Sponsored