bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Im actually suprised this doesn't get done more often. The work seams strait forward enough.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome. Some people don't get that working on cars is a hobby and the money spent is not for ROI. Does anyone not participate in a sport of hobby because it a money losing proposition? Anyone own a boat?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eco85

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Ok , i got all the interior back in my car and everything is ready for the new engine just waiting on my k member to install . So hopefully not to much longer! I cant wait to hear it fire up ( i know smart a$$'s it will sound like a gt ) just the sound if acomplishment !!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Eco85

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Also just so everyone knows so far everything plugs right in all body sensors , abs, airbag, camera, radio and heater controls all from the ecoboost ! There were color differences in some wiring but all pinnlocations were the same on the harness's and with the dash and bcm having the same part number id be willing to bet you could just swap the under hood harness, ecu and reflash the bcm and be on the way ! Unfortunitly im not doing that after pulling and comparing both i used the gt harness.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Sweet - and just for the naysayers - Mustang engine swaps have been happening since the inception of the Mustang...so, that's what, about almost 53 years now? LOL!

It may not seem cost effective to the arm chair "accountants", but here's some other interesting info:

1) In some, if not most States, the car is insured by its VIN, period. The current VIN is associated with a 4cyl turbo. In some States, it costs less to fully insure a 4cyl turbo than it does a 400+HP V8, especially dependent upon many other variables relating to the driver/owner.

2) The owner has already saved $ by starting with an EB as the base for his build.

3) The owner has not lost any $ (yet), as he is "financing" his build by selling off other hardware. Sure, he bought other hardware, but again, he sold off other parts/pieces FIRST... So he's not out of pocket any cash.

4) The brakes argument is moot - he can still upgrade the brakes either by outlaying cash OR selling other parts to offset the cost. Besides, even if he upgrades the brakes and has to spend the $ doing so - others with GT or EB would even upgrade PP brakes (and have), so this is really a non-talking point.

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
Whoa.. this is some crazy chit.. Gpod luck OP

Skeezin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Ecoboost
Excited to see how this turns out. Please tell me you have a TT planned in the future as well!

OP
OP
Eco85

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Twin turbos have crossed the mind !!:love:
But the goal for now is to complete the swap and getting it to run.
The biggest hold up right now is i need a gt k frame .

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
What's the difference so far that you are experiencing with:

Dash harness
Engine cradle

?

I would have through the entire dash harness would be the same with the exception of the PCM's, BCM's and maybe other modules - but the actual wiring or wires/connectors to be the same?

Also, any pics of engine cradle variances? I would have thought the only differences would have been engine mounts? Or is it different where the exhaust would pass down?

I also am familiar with the Fox platform, being the former owner of many of them, also performing complete gut and swaps on them over to 5.0's. I know those platforms in and out and there were not major differences between those platforms where swapping to a 5.0 was rather easy. Engine harness would be swapped, but entire dash harnesses from 87-93 was all the same. The only Fox 5.0 harness that was totally unique was the 1986 5.0 harness since it was a one year only harness (engine, light and body), due to 85 being carbed and 87 being a total redesign.

So I'm really interested in the S550 EB platform swap to a S550 5.0 upgrade.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Cool project. Another nice benefit will be lower insurance costs compared to a GT. ;)

OP
OP
Eco85

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Cobrajet,
No worries , im taking photos and notes as i go And i will list it all in the end on a how to . I just dont want to release to much info right now and have to double back . You are correct the connectors are all the same when you conpare base to base and premium to premium . My eco was a base and the gt was a premium . But all the essentials are there there for the gt harness was a waste of my time but someone had to do it lol!! The under hood harness is almost identical , the connector output from the ecu is the same connector housing but is missing three wires and pinout is mixed up . If you are skilled enough you could add these three wires and repin the connector in the right order. More on that later

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Ok , i got all the interior back in my car and everything is ready for the new engine just waiting on my k member to install . So hopefully not to much longer! I cant wait to hear it fire up ( i know smart a$$'s it will sound like a gt ) just the sound if acomplishment !!!
If you need GT springs let me know I have a stock set unless your going aftermarket I pulled from my 15 GT (fronts especially due to weight difference) You can have them for just shipping cost I don't need them now.