Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
If I want to put around town in an electric vehicle, I use my street legal golf cart. I agree with some of the comments above, electric assist is the next best performance enhancer. Electric motors weigh a lot, so something towards development of lower weight components in the motor as well as lightening of the chassis would be in order. For these reasons, many have speculated about this occurring in the next gen (S650) timeframes. Let's face it, the S550 chassis is heavy and motors these days weigh a lot.

I see the lithium stang as a mere concept car. Although it's getting closer, it probably isnt ready for prime time. Furthermore, if I wanted an electric vehicle, I would be looking at Tesla.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
If I want to put around town in an electric vehicle, I use my street legal golf cart. I agree with some of the comments above, electric assist is the next best performance enhancer. Electric motors weigh a lot, so something towards development of lower weight components in the motor as well as lightening of the chassis would be in order. For these reasons, many have speculated about this occurring in the next gen (S650) timeframes. Let's face it, the S550 chassis is heavy and motors these days weigh a lot.

I see the lithium stang as a mere concept car. Although it's getting closer, it probably isnt ready for prime time. Furthermore, if I wanted an electric vehicle, I would be looking at Tesla.
I rode in a Tesla Type S a few years back and it was an enjoyable ride.
Sponsored