Sponsored

Corsa Exhaust

HI_OFFCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I think it is moving in the right direction as well and is def getting more of that "unique" Corsa sound. I'd really like to hear some accel/decal and shifting clips. Did you happen to get any of those?!?
Unfortunately my friend and I didn't have much time due to the sun going down before 5:00 in the northeast. The prototype is at about the same sounds level as the R exhaust (or resonator deletes) at the high end of the RPM range but is definitely louder in the lower RPM range. I'll try and get some accel/deccel clips this weekend.
Sponsored

OP
OP
chops44

chops44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fathouse 1250R....1992 Gt 39k mile garage queen
That would be awesome...Corsa sounds more like a gt350 with headers to me than the borla catback does.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Sounding pretty sweet for sure. With the upcoming dual mode option this will definitely have my interest.

Last edited:

HI_OFFCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I have my car back and they are making some final adjustments and whatnot with my buddies car. They're trying to get the perfect sound and trying to get the dual-mode to where there's a noticeable difference between quiet mode and loud mode.

Reactions: TDC

Sponsored

HI_OFFCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
It's snowed where I live the past two days and the weather has been crap the two weeks prior to that so unfortunately I haven't been able to get any videos of the prototype that is on my car.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I've watched the Corsa teasers and listened to the Borla and the stock exhaust extensively. To be completely honest This (Corsa) does not sound very different than the stock or the Borla but definitely louder. I think the after market is going to have a tough if not impossible time improving much on the stock exhaust. Hence why so many are skeptical or on the fence about a purchase. I purchased Borla for several reasons. 1. Only current exhaust on market with the bi-modal feature. 2. Weight reduction 3. power bump/exhaust flow 4. Amplitude. Again, I have listened to all these exhaust and the ones coming close are doing so by retaining much of the original character of the stock exhaust while improving on exhaust flow. I have left out the Magnaflow system because it lost the character of the Voodoo sound. Ford did this exhaust right which is why I have not hacked and keeping and storing my stock pipes.

HI_OFFCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I've watched the Corsa teasers and listened to the Borla and the stock exhaust extensively. To be completely honest This (Corsa) does not sound very different than the stock or the Borla but definitely louder. I think the after market is going to have a tough if not impossible time improving much on the stock exhaust. Hence why so many are skeptical or on the fence about a purchase. I purchased Borla for several reasons. 1. Only current exhaust on market with the bi-modal feature. 2. Weight reduction 3. power bump/exhaust flow 4. Amplitude. Again, I have listened to all these exhaust and the ones coming close are doing so by retaining much of the original character of the stock exhaust while improving on exhaust flow. I have left out the Magnaflow system because it lost the character of the Voodoo sound. Ford did this exhaust right which is why I have not hacked and keeping and storing my stock pipes.
You're right about the stock R system (or resonator delete) sounding amazing. I know that with the prototype I have on my car it is definitely louder than the R exhaust up top, although not much, and WAY louder down in the low RPM range. I know that it's hard to tell a difference between them when not compared side by side but, my buddy and I were specifically told not to shoot a comparison video with the prototype by Corsa because once the comparison video is out it pretty much means that the exhaust is done.

At the end of the day, I think Corsa is targeting the regular (non-R) GT350 owners because there are more of them and because they are considerably quieter than the R's system. If you go from a stock GT350 system to the new Corsa system (if it sounds like my prototype) you will notice a massive difference in sound and volume.

OP
OP
chops44

chops44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fathouse 1250R....1992 Gt 39k mile garage queen
I'm a little confused....Your gt350 and your buddies both have Corsa exhaust?

HI_OFFCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'm a little confused....Your gt350 and your buddies both have Corsa exhaust?
Both of our cars are being used to develop the system. Mine was used for initial measurements, laser scanning and the initial prototyping process (36 iterations of mufflers). Corsa felt bad about how long they were keeping my car and needed some input on the sound and the direction they were going so they invited my friend and I out for opinions and to compare a couple prototypes they had. I picked mine up, with one of the prototypes on, and my buddy dropped his off so they could finish up the system and make sure everything is ready to go for production. They did not give us a timeline as to when the system would be finished.

Sponsored

mustangfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Both of our cars are being used to develop the system. Mine was used for initial measurements, laser scanning and the initial prototyping process (36 iterations of mufflers). Corsa felt bad about how long they were keeping my car and needed some input on the sound and the direction they were going so they invited my friend and I out for opinions and to compare a couple prototypes they had. I picked mine up, with one of the prototypes on, and my buddy dropped his off so they could finish up the system and make sure everything is ready to go for production. They did not give us a timeline as to when the system would be finished.
Thanks for the updates! Keep them coming. :thumbsup:

One question, will there be any dyno pulls to see the impact of the Corsa exhaust on HP and torque?

HI_OFFCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Thanks for the updates! Keep them coming. :thumbsup:

One question, will there be any dyno pulls to see the impact of the Corsa exhaust on HP and torque?
I asked about that myself and they said that unfortunately there wouldn't be dyno pulls until someone independently did it themselves. Corsa apparently cut ties with a shop they used to do business with when they wanted to do dyno testing.

The system (as far as I know) will be utilizing their double helix x-pipe, which is on my car, so I'm sure it will free up the factory x-pipe restriction. However, since it is only a cat-back system I doubt it will make a noticeable difference hp wise. I've heard rumors that the Borla system picks up ~30hp (INCORRECT SEE BELOW) but if so I'd imagine the Corsa system would be about the same since the only thing that would really net a hp gain would be deleting the x-pipe restriction.

Last edited:

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I asked about that myself and they said that unfortunately there wouldn't be dyno pulls until someone independently did it themselves. Corsa apparently cut ties with a shop they used to do business with when they wanted to do dyno testing.

The suystem (as far as I know) will be unltilizing their double helix x-pipe, which is on my car, so I'm sure it will free up the factory x-pipe restriction. However, since it is only a cat-back system I doubt it will make a noticeable difference hp wise. I've heard rumors that the Borla system picks up ~30hp (not sure how true that is) but if so I'd imagine the Corsa system would be about the same since the only thing that would really net a hp gain would be deleting the x-pipe restriction.
It not a rumor nor is it 30HP lol. It is dyno run data in with SAE correction provided by Borla. I have not verified it my self as it is not worth the $100 dyno run for 18HP verification. See thread for more info...
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58782&page=29
attachment.png

mustangfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350

The suystem (as far as I know) will be unltilizing their double helix x-pipe, which is on my car, so I'm sure it will free up the factory x-pipe restriction. However, since it is only a cat-back system I doubt it will make a noticeable difference hp wise. I've heard rumors that the Borla system picks up ~30hp (not sure how true that is) but if so I'd imagine the Corsa system would be about the same since the only thing that would really net a hp gain would be deleting the x-pipe restriction.
Thanks very much. I agree that the gains will not be substantial and I would expect similar gains to the Borla system. Thanks again for being the test mule for their system. Excited to see the final product!