Corsa Exhaust

jtn83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I don't have the equipment to record very well--just an iPhone. The install went well, shop had it in in under an hour.

Initial impressions are that it's awesome--subtle change in normal mode and much louder in sport. It also sounds deeper. As my 4 yr old daughter said, "it sounds like Halloween."
Sponsored

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
This past Monday I had the factory exhaust mic'd and recorded for future comparison when I get a chance to install it. Any chance you could do the same?
Any chance you have had the time to install yet? Hoping for an update soon.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Any chance you have had the time to install yet? Hoping for an update soon.
Weather has been frigid and the ground icy and wet.
There is a warm spell predicted for the end of the week so Friday it may go in and be warm enough to get the oil temps up for a proper video. I already took the day off.

Reactions: CSL

TORQUEJUNKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche Gray Track Pack
Weather has been frigid and the ground icy and wet.
There is a warm spell predicted for the end of the week so Friday it may go in and be warm enough to get the oil temps up for a proper video. I already took the day off.
I'm on Long Island as well, in Smithtown. I'd love to hear it someday.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the Corsa mid-pipe installed today. TKX Performance installed it since I was busy working on the house and didn't think I could get the car lifted high enough to properly install it.

As I mentioned in an earlier post I am after a higher pitch, exotic wail similar to the factory exhaust with Kooks headers and green cats that Swedensky has posted on Youtube. That sound makes the hair on my arms stand up.

WEIGHT:
- The section of pipe from Corsa weighs 14lb and the bag of clamp hardware, (2) couplers and (2) pipe sections weigh 9lb for a total of 23lb. Well, surprisingly the factory section of pipe that is removed weighs exactly 23lb as well so no weight savings or weight gain. I was surprised by the weight of the factory section.

VIDEOS:
Factory exhaust is:
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]YSawfADwdpo[/MEDIA]"]

Corsa double helix mid-pipe and factory remaining exhaust is:

Same Gopro, external mic, mic location and rev to 8k was used for both videos.

THOUGHTS:
- The Corsa mid-pipe is louder than factory when in sport exhaust mode. In normal exhaust mode no discernible difference between the systems. :thumbsup:

- The Corsa exhaust from 2500-3500 under heavy load is more 'blatty' than factory. You could hear the equally timed exhaust pulses. Does not detract from the enjoyment IMO. Also, there are more crackles evident under deceleration. Adds to the enjoyment. :thumbsup:

- The tone is a little higher in pitch (not fully evident in the videos). This is just one step towards the sound I want. When Corsa offers their sport/normal mode axle back muffler setup I will purchase that as well.

- Sound is less muscle car and more exotic :thumbsup:. Although I enjoy the stereotypical muscle car sound I've had my fill. I yearn for a high pitch wail when that FPC spins to 8k+! When I first took delivery I thought the unique factory GT350 sound was all I needed. After hearing Swedensky's Kooks exhaust I knew I was missing out on what the sound for this car should really be. I just don't want to lose my factory engine warranty by upgrading to Kooks and the required tune.

CONCLUSION:
- Overall I am happy with the part and the sound :thumbsup:. Again, this is the first step towards the sound I'm after so more modifications are planned.
- If you desire the underlying bass tones of a muscle car then this part may not be for you IMO.

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Man, I do love that sound. I was hoping for a bit more volume in normal mode though since I spend most of my time on the street in that mode. Normal sounds just so neutered to me. I was expecting the pipe would offer a bit of difference in normal.....was hoping just enough to suit my taste. Any chance you could post up a video cruising in normal without the baffles opening? Also, how long did the install take? Thanks a lot for posting on this.....much appreciated.

Sponsored

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
- The Corsa exhaust from 2500-3500 under heavy load is more 'blatty' than factory. You could hear the equally timed exhaust pulses. Does not detract from the enjoyment IMO. Also, there are more crackles evident under deceleration. Adds to the enjoyment. :thumbsup:

- The tone is a little higher in pitch (not fully evident in the videos). This is just one step towards the sound I want. When Corsa offers their sport/normal mode axle back muffler setup I will purchase that as well.

- Sound is less muscle car and more exotic :thumbsup:. Although I enjoy the stereotypical muscle car sound I've had my fill. I yearn for a high pitch wail when that FPC spins to 8k+! When I first took delivery I thought the unique factory GT350 sound was all I needed. After hearing Swedensky's Kooks exhaust I knew I was missing out on what the sound for this car should really be. I just don't want to lose my factory engine warranty by upgrading to Kooks and the required tune.

CONCLUSION:
- Overall I am happy with the part and the sound :thumbsup:. Again, this is the first step towards the sound I'm after so more modifications are planned.
- If you desire the underlying bass tones of a muscle car then this part may not be for you IMO.
The blattyness comes with removing the resonators. Im still curious if this double-X pipe is a bit less blatty than simply removing the resonators.

Money2536

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic GT350
I've been messing with aftermarket exhaust for a long time and this is the first time I've ever heard the term "blatty." Ha, ha... I'm not exactly sure what it means, but whatever it is it can't be good. :D

I'm really surprised Corsa has taken the raspy route.
Sponsored