OP
OP
DeadSpool

DeadSpool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTT
button it up. take it for a rip. what the coolant and cylinder heads temps, get it home and take a look at the reservoir tank. If it's in between min-max your good buddy.
I wish! Winter started here already. Freezing for the past 1.5wks and snow on the ground. Will trailer to the dyno in the next couple weeks but that’s about it until April now.

182 was the highest ECT and CHT. Both dropped to 165.
Sponsored

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
Ok did all that and its used a total of 3.5 gallons. Not dropping anymore. That sounds about right for volume right?
Its hard to say since you added more places that need to be cooled. A stock car takes about 3.5 gallons, id say you are close. You will need to drive the car a bit to get the rest of the air trapped inside.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I wish! Winter started here already
Same here. Got a big dump of snow on Tuesday, but the roads were dry today with +1c / -2097 DA / 35% humidity, that's like 45 extra horsepower haha.

OP
OP
DeadSpool

DeadSpool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTT
Same here. Got a big dump of snow on Tuesday, but the roads were dry today with +1c / -2097 DA / 35% humidity, that's like 45 extra horsepower haha.
Haha, ya this is beyond boost weather.

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
Make sure when its up to temp to blast the heat. You will notice after some time the coolant will drop, this is because the heater core is acutaly the highest point of the system and it takes time to bleed that air out.
^^^^^^
Keep an eye on it and top it off after some drive time as well.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Fill it up, let it run, let it cool down, top up and repeat. After a couple of rounds the level should not drop any longer and all air should be out of the system.
Ford recommends vacuum filling, but I don't see an issue doing it the old-fashioned way. However, it'll take more than 'a couple of rounds' to fully purge the system. Some engines have a purge bolt somewhere on the engine, to avoid air-pockets/cavitation. Maybe this one doesn't, due to the vacuum recommendation, meaning any air should eventually be purged out.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Hey guys, I’m just finishing up installing my new built engine and need to refill the coolant among a couple little things before I do a test fire. What is the best way to refill this system and burp it?

View attachment 517616
Just fill it normally and burp the system with the heater on max.
Sponsored