Sponsored

Cool experience with a cop...

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
That’s awesome.

I see you’re in Silver Spring. I work in Rockville. Surprised I haven’t seen your car before, and I’d remember it with a tag like that. Throw a wave if you see my piece of junk rolling around
354E665B-6306-4AD7-BCAE-57FEEC5B8ADD.jpeg
Will do. I've moved on to a red 2020 vert, but the tag's the same. :like:

I'm probably moving to Rockville at the end of the year; I work up there now. I don't get around the city center, such as it is, very often - usually out in Derwood or Potomac Woods. BTW, do you have a recommendation for a place up there that does vinyl work like striping? I'd like to do a small thing to the car, which doesn't seem to interest the places that make full vehicle/advertising wraps their bread-and-butter...
Sponsored

Last edited:

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
I absolutely do not take excessive risks on the road and I have a spotless driving record to prove it...but I certainly enjoy horsepower and am guilty of cracking the speed limit occasionally.
I have two speeding tickets in forty years, within a couple of months of each other in 2013 - shortly after I bought my s197. Only one was intentional speeding. Lesson learned. :cwl:

mustanghammer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
On my way home from college in 1986 I learned the hard way that a radar detector.....even a good one was not a license to speed. As I merged on to the highway a new Chrysler LeBarron turbo passed me. Mounted to the LeBarron's windshield was a Passport radar detector. So I cranked my 69 Fairlane up to 65mph (10 over the posted limit - 55MPH) and proceeded to keep pace with the Chrysler. I figured if they slowed down I would too and we would both skate through any speed traps. About 30 miles into the trip, a KS Highway Patrol car filled my rear view mirror. Where did he come from?!?!?

I slowed and the Highway Patrol car blew past me and nabbed the Chrysler. I thought I was home free but as I passed the Chrysler and the HiPo by the side if the road, the officer motioned me to pull over. I did. As I sat there fuming and trying figure out how I was going to explain this to my parents the Officer approached my car. The first words out of his mouth were "nice Fairlane, is it a 302 or a 351?" Totally disarmed by the courteous officer, I asked sheepishly how he caught us. He replied that he used a stop watch to clock us between two painted symbols on the highway. He never used his radar. I got a ticket with a slightly discounted speed.

I have never owned a radar detector and I have never had a bad experience with a KS Highway Patrol Officer.

JUH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost 50th Anniversary Edition
I’m coming back close to home and I see a Tesla who nailed it a bit and thought he was trying to bait me because I was cruising at first;
I swear to god Tesla owners are programmed because they all behave this way :cwl:

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
We really are not that bad a Breed, We love America just like the next guy.
Have fun, and be careful my Mustang Brother.
Mustang GT Thin Blue Line.jpg
Thin Blue Line, Back.jpg
I'm weary of vandalism for sharing my affiliation or preferences on my car. Been down that road before. Not hating, just speaking from my past experience.

Sponsored

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
On my way home from college in 1986 I learned the hard way that a radar detector.....even a good one was not a license to speed. As I merged on to the highway a new Chrysler LeBarron turbo passed me. Mounted to the LeBarron's windshield was a Passport radar detector. So I cranked my 69 Fairlane up to 65mph (10 over the posted limit - 55MPH) and proceeded to keep pace with the Chrysler. I figured if they slowed down I would too and we would both skate through any speed traps. About 30 miles into the trip, a KS Highway Patrol car filled my rear view mirror. Where did he come from?!?!?

I slowed and the Highway Patrol car blew past me and nabbed the Chrysler. I thought I was home free but as I passed the Chrysler and the HiPo by the side if the road, the officer motioned me to pull over. I did. As I sat there fuming and trying figure out how I was going to explain this to my parents the Officer approached my car. The first words out of his mouth were "nice Fairlane, is it a 302 or a 351?" Totally disarmed by the courteous officer, I asked sheepishly how he caught us. He replied that he used a stop watch to clock us between two painted symbols on the highway. He never used his radar. I got a ticket with a slightly discounted speed.

I have never owned a radar detector and I have never had a bad experience with a KS Highway Patrol Officer.
10 over the limit was a bigger deal back then. 15 is the minimum before a highway patrolman will even bother to stop you these days it seems.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
10 over the limit was a bigger deal back then. 15 is the minimum before a highway patrolman will even bother to stop you these days it seems.
things are more lax. No one really uses radar sectors anymore that beeped at every grocery store door and most cops are young guys.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Pretty much, I was following some guy in the left lane at 80 and we both went past a trooper on the left and he was just chilling, waiting for a bigger fish to fry.

Hidalgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, Premium, Magnetic, Int. Midnight Blue, 401A Pkge, 10Sp. AT, Smart & Safe Pkge, Active Valve Performance Exhaust, Shaker Pro, 20" Alum wheels; 2015 BMW M235i, Vert, Twin Turbo, JB4; BMW 2017 X5, M Sports Pkge
I write warnings 10 to 19 over, tickets most times, 20 and over. But not always, if I get a good story. LOL:crackup:

Re. vandalism. The car is garage kept, and I don't park anywhere near anyone else.
But I guess it could still happen. especially in this day and age, But hasn't yet. :stop: :flag:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I have never had a bad experience with a(cop) police. I've driven modified cars all my life. I've been stop playing, yes.

Most recently was asked what I was doing? Answer "clowning around". Told me got you at 80, surface street posted 35. Was a short blast from a red light. I'm thinking that's pretty good. This is a 34 open wheeled coupe, HotRod straight up .

Checks my DL, it's clean tells me to knock it off, and that was it. Yes I got lectured. Told me I was far enough over the speed limit. He could tow the car and put me in jail, fair nuff .

Rule # 1, if stopped, do not be the asshat that thinks you're stopped cause you're being picked on.

Rule # 2 Pull over don't act like the asshat, with that stupid ass look on your mug... Oh I didn't realize you were coming for me

Be a man, hard for many I know, take responsibility for you actions. You will be FAR FAR better off in the long run.

My .02

Pep

Sponsored

Tukman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2020 pp2 Roush stage 2 Mustang GT/ 2019 Bullitt
So, I had just got my 2019 Bullitt and was heading home with it. I hit a speed trap where the limit drops from 80 to 60km per hour. I had been pulling against a Camaro the last two lights, really having fun with this guy and we went through the trap, both of us got tagged by the officer and pulled over. He looked the car over for 5 min asking Lots of questions,’ How’s it ride, what’s the horsepower etc etc. We were clocked at 140 km per hour, Yikes, that’s impound speed up here in Canada (50kmh over posted speed limit). I was on the phone preparing to get a ride after they impounded the car. He came back with a ticket for going less than 20km per hour over the limit and told me to take it to the track for those ‘games’. $115 dollar ticket, Whew, I left with the ticket, I don’t know what the Camaro guy got.

Hidalgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, Premium, Magnetic, Int. Midnight Blue, 401A Pkge, 10Sp. AT, Smart & Safe Pkge, Active Valve Performance Exhaust, Shaker Pro, 20" Alum wheels; 2015 BMW M235i, Vert, Twin Turbo, JB4; BMW 2017 X5, M Sports Pkge
I have never had a bad experience with a(cop) police. I've driven modified cars all my life. I've been stop playing, yes.

Most recently was asked what I was doing? Answer "clowning around". Told me got you at 80, surface street posted 35. Was a short blast from a red light. I'm thinking that's pretty good. This is a 34 open wheeled coupe, HotRod straight up .

Checks my DL, it's clean tells me to knock it off, and that was it. Yes I got lectured. Told me I was far enough over the speed limit. He could tow the car and put me in jail, fair nuff .

Rule # 1, if stopped, do not be the asshat that thinks you're stopped cause you're being picked on.

Rule # 2 Pull over don't act like the asshat, with that stupid ass look on your mug... Oh I didn't realize you were coming for me

Be a man, hard for many I know, take responsibility for you actions. You will be FAR FAR better off in the long run.

My .02

Pep
Well said Greg!

mustanghammer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
things are more lax. No one really uses radar sectors anymore that beeped at every grocery store door and most cops are young guys.
In 1986, 55MPH was the national speed limit on Interstates. So 10+ over was a big deal. You were safe at 5-7MPH over posted. Beyond that you were getting a ticket. I still stick to the 5 over rule. I figure the time you gain by going faster than that is lost when you get pulled over. Plus there is the fine and the potential impact on insurance. No thanks.

Looking back, going 55-60MPH made even a 100 mile road trip seem like an eternity. I still remember when the speeds were gradually raised from 55 to 65 and then 65 to 70. Of course, speed limit changes didn't occur until after I graduated. I think the same stretch of road is now 75.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
Here in the States, i feel everybody drives freaking slow... i tend to drive 80-90 on the highway just to avoid any major ticket... sometimes a full WOT just for fun against another car... but just a couple pulls max... i hate long drives in here, extremely boring...

now, my cop story includes bikes, a fully modded car, guns, handcuff, a police falling from a bike, etc... did't get a ticket, just had to show up next day and watch some video and some pics about accidents lol

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Here in the States, i feel everybody drives freaking slow... i tend to drive 80-90 on the highway just to avoid any major ticket... sometimes a full WOT just for fun against another car... but just a couple pulls max... i hate long drives in here, extremely boring...

now, my cop story includes bikes, a fully modded car, guns, handcuff, a police falling from a bike, etc... did't get a ticket, just had to show up next day and watch some video and some pics about accidents lol
Wow and yeah I seen the autobahn and they have guys going 100+ passing other cars like crazy... there’s no accidents or anything?
Sponsored