SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
@MaskedRacerX

It was bugging me too! I threw it out after the pic was taken.

Picture looks 10x better, thank you!

Anyway to take out about 1/2" of ride height in the rear....level the car out a little?
Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
@MaskedRacerX

Anyway to take out about 1/2" of ride height in the rear....level the car out a little?
I noticed you went with just the BMR front springs and left the back stock-any particular reason? I had the SP763 kit installed which lowers the front 1" approx and the rear only 3/4"... I am still deciding whether I like the look or not. Was hoping for a bit more rake effect, but I did achieve the goal of eliminating the reverse rake these cars seem to have...

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I rarely get a good pic of the car, was happy with this one.
Nice! just something about the Magnetic color that is just bad ass! It has always been near the top of my color list. In fact I was looking for a magnetic vert at first, but had a hard time finding one that fit what I was looking for.
The picture looks sharp! I did notice that red cup and thought it was some sort of add on mod for the exhaust :lol:

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed you went with just the BMR front springs and left the back stock-any particular reason? I had the SP763 kit installed which lowers the front 1" approx and the rear only 3/4"... I am still deciding whether I like the look or not. Was hoping for a bit more rake effect, but I did achieve the goal of eliminating the reverse rake these cars seem to have...

Exact same reason as you. I like the look of a slight rake and was very happy with the look before I added the blower. I also put my kids in the back. With a full tank of gas and a car full of people the car is pretty level.

The blower cost me about 1/4" of ride height in the front and now the rake it a little too much for me. Steeda makes spacers for the rear. Ultimately I think I am going to install the BMR rear springs with a 3/8 spacer.

The attached pic is BMR min drops in the front, stock PP rear....preblower.

Perfection as far as I am concerned.
pre blower2.jpg

Last edited:

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! just something about the Magnetic color that is just bad ass! It has always been near the top of my color list. In fact I was looking for a magnetic vert at first, but had a hard time finding one that fit what I was looking for.
The picture looks sharp! I did notice that red cup and thought it was some sort of add on mod for the exhaust :lol:

Thanks. I have to admit it was my wife who picked out the color. We looked high and low for the right car and in the fall of '16 decided to order a 17' to be picked up in the spring. The very next day my saved search on cars.com picked found Rosie!

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Exact same reason as you. I like the look of a slight rake and was very happy with the look before I added the blower. I also put my kids in the back. With a full tank of gas and a car full of people the car is pretty level.

The blower cost me about 1/4" of ride height in the front and now the rake it a little too much for me. Steeda makes spacers for the rear. Ultimately I think I am going to install the BMR rear springs with a 3/8 spacer.

The attached pic is BMR min drops in the front, stock PP rear....preblower.

Perfection as far as I am concerned.
Gotcha... I didn't realize the blower would add that much weight to the front end. I don't know if I will go that far with mine (maybe the Ford Power Pack 2)... I am pretty happy with how it sits right now....
Good to see you're passing on the Mustang legacy to your son. Gotta get them detailing when their young..plus it saves on our knees and back when doing the tires!..

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Gotcha... I didn't realize the blower would add that much weight to the front end. I don't know if I will go that far with mine (maybe the Ford Power Pack 2)... I am pretty happy with how it sits right now....
Good to see you're passing on the Mustang legacy to your son. Gotta get them detailing when their young..plus it saves on our knees and back when doing the tires!..

That sucker adds 150lbs to the car in exactly the wrong place. As fun as the extra 300hp is, it does effect handling.

Thank you! He is my wheel and tire monkey. Has his own detailing bucket that he uses to wash, dry, and shine the tires. He knows not too much shine, and don't drop the sponge. He wants to buy a Fox body that needs restoration when he turns 14(he is 10 now). I told him if he buys the car, I'll buy the parts!

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
That sucker adds 150lbs to the car in exactly the wrong place. As fun as the extra 300hp is, it does effect handling.

Thank you! He is my wheel and tire monkey. Has his own detailing bucket that he uses to wash, dry, and shine the tires. He knows not too much shine, and don't drop the sponge. He wants to buy a Fox body that needs restoration when he turns 14(he is 10 now). I told him if he buys the car, I'll buy the parts!
That's fantastic good for him! There is just something about working on cars, washing them, detailing that slows life down and reminds us to enjoy the journey! Can't wait to see future posts of his build..... trust me, 4-5 years will fly by before you know it....

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
@MaskedRacerX

Hey! Sorry, I didn't get a notification and forgot about this thread.

Great, glad you liked it. Yeah, I can probably do that, I'm a software engineer but hack around with photo editing.

We're actually getting ready to go OOT, not sure if I'll have time before, but I won't forget ya!

:cheers:

Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Google Phone Pix of CVCashmere

Verts

My son borrowed my vert last night to drive over to a friend's house.

When they came out, the sky had transformed my Oxford white paint into a kaleidoscope of colors.

Finally, the moon came out and erased all those newly-layered colors...leaving the only the white coat to cope with the darkness.

Pretty good shot from a smart phone and a non-photographer. I may enter it into Mustang of the Moment.
compressed  IMG_20180706_204541-EFFECTS.jpg

barrykaye1001

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.discountpackagingdepot.com
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Verts

My son borrowed my vert last night to drive over to a friend's house.

When they came out, the sky had transformed my Oxford white paint into a kaleidoscope of colors.

Finally, the moon came out and erased all those newly-layered colors...leaving the only the white coat to cope with the darkness.

Pretty good shot from a smart phone and a non-photographer. I may enter it into Mustang of the Moment.
Super cool! Just proves that the best camera in the world isn't Nikon, Cannon, Hasselblad. The best camera in the world is the one you have with you when you need to snap a picture!

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red

parajax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convert
CDC light bar with love to drive wind screen. Great combo.
Sponsored