Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Them there hood pin thingies…unfortunately come with the indents in the provided hoods!!! So,it’ll always look like something is missing!!!

OP
OP
TrackMustang

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Them there hood pin thingies…unfortunately come with the indents in the provided hoods!!! So,it’ll always look like something is missing!!!
Exactly, and I can’t bring myself to put on the fake plastic ones… so I don’t have a choice!

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Exactly, and I can’t bring myself to put on the fake plastic ones… so I don’t have a choice!
I did not either…I don’t do…”good enough! “

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
That’s what I need…pics of your braces…you made them, right??
No, I didn't make them. They run diagonally across the front corners in the engine compartment. I'll see if I can take a picture tomorrow.

Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
No, I didn't make them. They run diagonally across the front corners in the engine compartment. I'll see if I can take a picture tomorrow.
Yes, if you can snap a pic that would be great. Cause it looks to need to go exactly where my finger is in the pic for my 19 with the Vicrez hood. But I guess I’d have to make the holes in the hood to know forsure.

6343E337-8EEB-4445-BDB9-5B0A234A8992.jpeg

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Yes, if you can snap a pic that would be great. Cause it looks to need to go exactly where my finger is in the pic for my 19 with the Vicrez hood. But I guess I’d have to make the holes in the hood to know forsure.

6343E337-8EEB-4445-BDB9-5B0A234A8992.jpeg
The pins are mounted on the braces underneath the plastic cover.
1648569393588.png

1648569436625.png

1648569492564.png

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, but here is the issue. Ours are a lil different for the 18+ and the hood has indents in the hood where the catches mount. So its a pre determined mounting point VS pin location. So, I wont know forsure until holes are drilled in the hood. So im kinda stalling as Im not super excited about making some holes in a fresh hood. LOL. Im sure I will before long

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Thanks, but here is the issue. Ours are a lil different for the 18+ and the hood has indents in the hood where the catches mount. So its a pre determined mounting point VS pin location. So, I wont know forsure until holes are drilled in the hood. So im kinda stalling as Im not super excited about making some holes in a fresh hood. LOL. Im sure I will before long
I'm excited to see how this turns out. I'm actually working with a local body shop now to get a quote on this hood, painted and installed. They warned me "aluminum corrodes so be careful" but I'm reaching out to Vicrez to see how they address that if it does.

You're the white canary!!!!!

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
You realize the stock Mustang hoods are also aluminum…it’s a non issue!! Let your guy know that!,

Sponsored
OP
OP
TrackMustang

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I'm excited to see how this turns out. I'm actually working with a local body shop now to get a quote on this hood, painted and installed. They warned me "aluminum corrodes so be careful" but I'm reaching out to Vicrez to see how they address that if it does.

You're the white canary!!!!!
I cannot imagine it will corrode unless it’s not prepped/painted correctly…

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
You realize the stock Mustang hoods are also aluminum…it’s a non issue!! Let your guy know that!,
Stop making sense. You confuse people.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Haha. Yep. Hood comes in a satin black primer. They would just scuff it and check for imperfections before prime and paint. Mine had two lil high spots that were just leveled then re primed, painted n cleared. It’s way easier for prep on these hoods vs a fiberglass hood. Some of those can be a body shop nightmare and kill your wallet to have it right. I’m super picky though. Also this hood is just as light as the stock hood. Like 23-25lbs.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Just waiting for the Bodyshop to confirm some things and then I'll be ordering mine and having it shipped right to them.

I read somewhere on here that someone did a cool trick with the rain tray where they had thumb wingnuts or something so they could put the tray on or off quickly. Gonna see if I can get them to do something similar for me. Would be nice to button her up a little bit in the event she has to see another winter.

OP
OP
TrackMustang

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Just waiting for the Bodyshop to confirm some things and then I'll be ordering mine and having it shipped right to them.

I read somewhere on here that someone did a cool trick with the rain tray where they had thumb wingnuts or something so they could put the tray on or off quickly. Gonna see if I can get them to do something similar for me. Would be nice to button her up a little bit in the event she has to see another winter.
I don’t think the setup allows for a quick change in or out of the rain tray, if someone found something I’d be interested… either way I don’t drive my car in the rain so I don’t use the tray, more interested for washing it…
Sponsored