Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT

r1eater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
good read, I agree with some of the comments regarding changing up the rubber on the non PP. That would make a big difference.

B.Crowder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 Mustang GT Prem. M/T
Really surprised that auto non-PP was slightly faster (by the smallest of margins, but in almost every acceleration test). And with a 3.31 axle.

r1eater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
I'm not, todays autos are the future. The DCT auto in my S4 is ridiculously good and has fast crisp shifts. Its hard for a person to be as quick shifting as it can.

B.Crowder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 Mustang GT Prem. M/T
I know the dual-clutch transmissions (and the one in the Corvette) are quicker than their manual counterparts, but I didn't think that the slushbox in the Mustang was anything special.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I know the dual-clutch transmissions (and the one in the Corvette) are quicker than their manual counterparts, but I didn't think that the slushbox in the Mustang was anything special.
The A6 in the mustang is always faster vs. M6. There are owners here that have run 12.4x -12.5x @113-115mph in the A6.

I have only seen one M6 run 12.5.

Dudie7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
good read, I agree with some of the comments regarding changing up the rubber on the non PP. That would make a big difference.
It does...the stock Pirelli tires are garbage, especially at 235.

bobbyh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I think it's that the Auto is very reliable and very efficient for not being a DCT and the Manual MT-82 is not that great of a transmission overall.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
since i don't live my life 1/4 mile at a time, a few tenths of a second mean nothing to me. I want a clutch pedal and a stick shift because i want to control the car, not just be a mindless lemming following the car in front of me.

Sponsored
OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
since i don't live my life 1/4 mile at a time, a few tenths of a second mean nothing to me. I want a clutch pedal and a stick shift because i want to control the car, not just be a mindless lemming following the car in front of me.
Agreed. The difference is meaningless unless you are competitively drag racing. Otherwise, for many a manual makes sense in what is a drivers car (unless other reasons make an automatic better like significant other who cant drive stick needing to drive car). We will have plenty of soulless fast cars in the future with the move to electric torque and increased automation. It's driver involvement and sensory involvement that is going to be difficult to get.

It isn't. I believe the manual an extra shifts to 60 (perhaps two Vs the 3.31) and perhaps an extra one to the quarter as well. Regardless, for drag racing the autos are the way to go. The difference will widen with the 10 speeds.

Still, manual for me. No question.

EiBStudent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta
Autos, I believe, are 3.15 gears not 3.31.

The Performance Package is not available on automatic-equipped Mustang GTs. In standard GT form, our loaner had asymmetrical all-season tires, four-piston front calipers, 352 mm rotors and a 3.15 final drive ratio.

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
So what this is saying is swap in a set of Michelin Pilot A/S 3's and I'll be good to go. 255/40R19.
Sponsored