OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
3.15 might hit 60 in first gear and quarter in 3rd? Far less shifts vs manual.
Sponsored

whitestang5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
They need to retest an auto with 3.55 and the 265/35/20, you can't compare with different size tires

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The numbers are as expected. A large part of those braking and skidpad numbers probably come from the rubber alone. Wonder how much of the slalom difference stems from the suspension bits and tuning. The subjective write up was pretty brief and not too descriptive.

since i don't live my life 1/4 mile at a time, a few tenths of a second mean nothing to me. I want a clutch pedal and a stick shift because i want to control the car, not just be a mindless lemming following the car in front of me.
I wanted a manual just because of the additional involvement, but at no point would I relegate someone to 'lemming' status simply because their preference is for something automated. Besides, the 6AT in the Mustang offers the same useful amount of control as the 6MT should someone choose to paddle through their own gears.

But I agree with your overall statement... I wouldn't care if the auto was a full insert-time-here faster than the manual. Just want that further level of engagement.

OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
They need to retest an auto with 3.55 and the 265/35/20, you can't compare with different size tires
You can compare - the question answers 'what can I expect if I purchased a factory PP Vs a factory Mustang with (insert your alternative package)'. There is no point in a comparison if everything were the same.

Based on the threads I see on this topic, I think its a good issue to discuss.

Sponsored

whitestang5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Like the comparison for sure, just would like more rubber on the auto

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
since i don't live my life 1/4 mile at a time, a few tenths of a second mean nothing to me. I want a clutch pedal and a stick shift because i want to control the car, not just be a mindless lemming following the car in front of me.

Agreed. The difference is meaningless unless you are competitively drag racing. Otherwise, for many a manual makes sense in what is a drivers car (unless other reasons make an automatic better like significant other who cant drive stick needing to drive car). We will have plenty of soulless fast cars in the future with the move to electric torque and increased automation. It's driver involvement and sensory involvement that is going to be difficult to get.

It isn't. I believe the manual an extra shifts to 60 (perhaps two Vs the 3.31) and perhaps an extra one to the quarter as well. Regardless, for drag racing the autos are the way to go. The difference will widen with the 10 speeds.

Still, manual for me. No question.

That's all fine and good and you can enjoy your control and heartfelt feelings while I beat you to the merge or next light. ;)

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Like the comparison for sure, just would like more rubber on the auto

I can tell you that an auto with PP is a feeling to behold. I was fortunate to get an le and have both and LOVE it. It's my first auto stang and unless something happens to make them less reliable (or lower performing), I won't go back. Even though my last mt82 stood up to 585 whp for 36k, it never did lose its notchiness or noise or inconsistent 2nd gear feeling. I just couldn't see choosing a substandard box again. Yeah, the auto isn't the latest or greatest tech, but neither is the mt.

whitestang5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Yah I feel you on the mt82, had a boss 302 with one, now went to the auto, it was also notchy the first couple of miles, but so many seem to have issues

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I was fortunate enough to take home a GT PP for the night. Let's just say I have very cool friends...

I wish I had gotten a chance to drive one for longer than 10 minutes before I bought. It honestly doesn't even feel like the same car. If you care about anything more than straight line performance, get the PP. I'm not going to trade in my car, but I am planning getting enough to get it close in feeling (GT PP wheels & tires, springs, rear bar, F&R dampers, and then some of the chassis bracing). Yes I'll end up spending about the same as it would've cost to get the PP...but I'll still have the 3.31 axle ratio I wanted, and can still fit 18" wheels for winter.

Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
But I agree with your overall statement... I wouldn't care if the auto was a full insert-time-here faster than the manual. Just want that further level of engagement.
I accept the challenge and call your bluff:

"I wouldn't care if the auto was a full 3.5 seconds faster than the manual. Just want that further level of engagement."

:D

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
That's all fine and good and you can enjoy your control and heartfelt feelings while I beat you to the merge or next light. ;)
I get a chuckle whenever I see remarks like this...Regardless if I was driving a stick and you had an automatic and because statistically the auto is slightly quicker does not make anyone inferior over the other.

You still have to control that torque and know how to put it down to the wheels and asphalt. And, you still have to have BALLS to put the pedal down to the floor.

My comment back is (just to be a pest)...I'll pass by you when your car is hemmed up on the merge ramp sidewall OR your transmission is fried. :thumbsup: I know I know...my clutch can give out too though...

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
My comment back is (just to be a pest)...I'll pass by you when your car is hemmed up on the merge ramp sidewall OR your transmission is fried. :thumbsup: I know I know...my clutch can give out too though...
If either transmission is going to 'fry', my money would be on the mt-82. :headbang:

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Really surprised that auto non-PP was slightly faster (by the smallest of margins, but in almost every acceleration test). And with a 3.31 axle.
Less weight too.

unintelligible

V1, VR, Gear Up!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium
I know I know...my clutch can give out too though...
Hahaha, the clutch is the LEAST of your concerns with an MT82 :lol:
Sponsored