Sponsored

Color regret, what should I do spice things up?

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Gloss black stripes, maybe with small red accent stripes on the edges. Also, I recently saw a white S550 with white wheels and it looked great.
Also, if you haven't had it done, have a detailer do a color correction and 3 year ceramic for shine. It'd be impossible for me to keep my mischievous purple car clean without the ceramic. A fly burps and it leaves a mark. I go back to the detailer every 6 months and get a good detail inside and out and topped off with 6 month ceramic for $200 tip included.
Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Experiencing some color regret. I’m just starting to fall out of love with the Oxford White if I’m being honest. Sure, it looks clean and I know it’s beautiful with the stormtrooper look. But it just won’t ever shine the same way as a black car :( It kind of annoys me if I’m honest. And where I’m from everyone and their grandmothers drives a white gen 3. So I think I’m despising the color from a combination of the commonality and the shine.

Thought about doing a matte ppf on the white parts of the car and a gloss ppf on my black accents to make my paintjob a little more interesting.

I think it’ll make the car more unique and might make me fall in love with the OW again. Another part of me just wants to dip or wrap the car in black since that was always my favorite color.. Just think that up close nobody is going to mistake it as a real paintjob so that’s a bummer.

I would love to hear what you guys have to say to make me fall in love with OW so any inputs and recommendations are appreciated.

My car for reference:

28D08F0A-46C8-48A2-A564-951E82D29DBB.jpeg

Matte PPF example:

IMG_2757.png

IMG_2752.png

IMG_2747.png
There are a couple company's that offer Gloss Black PPF for the entire car, that could be a option. I think the clear matte PPF would look killer tho! I have seen a couple in person and it looks awesome. The easy answer is to just wrap the car a different color.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I'm a designer and have done many wrap concepts. If that interests you, feel free to DM me.

-Todd

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Put some police lights on top of your roof. That’ll get you some attention. Not sure if it’s the right kind though. :wink:
seriously, white always looks great with two big thick BLUE stripes ala GT350 style.
Blue and white are a very strong color combination.

Last edited:

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I got mine after previous owner had removed the stripes. I added my own, including the red pinstripe on the outside and I think it made a world of difference in the look of the car. Just got to break up the white, even a little bit makes a huge change in appearance.

1699052524362.jpeg

1699052618256.jpeg

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
1 red stripe offcentered so it looks like kratos

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Wrap it. 3M Perfect Blue, blacked out American flag on the roof (or whatever flag).

Your welcome.:like:
I was thinking of getting my Shadow Black wrapped in either the Fighter Jet Grey or an Army Green with a blacked out American flag on the roof....... Then I decided to keep my $$ in the bank for other projects. Now I have the urge again......... Thanks alot............. :crackup:

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Experiencing some color regret. I’m just starting to fall out of love with the Oxford White if I’m being honest. Sure, it looks clean and I know it’s beautiful with the stormtrooper look. But it just won’t ever shine the same way as a black car :( It kind of annoys me if I’m honest. And where I’m from everyone and their grandmothers drives a white gen 3. So I think I’m despising the color from a combination of the commonality and the shine.

Thought about doing a matte ppf on the white parts of the car and a gloss ppf on my black accents to make my paintjob a little more interesting.

I think it’ll make the car more unique and might make me fall in love with the OW again. Another part of me just wants to dip or wrap the car in black since that was always my favorite color.. Just think that up close nobody is going to mistake it as a real paintjob so that’s a bummer.

I would love to hear what you guys have to say to make me fall in love with OW so any inputs and recommendations are appreciated.

My car for reference:

Matte PPF example:

IMG_2757.png

IMG_2752.png

IMG_2747.png
Pretty easy decision if you ask me—copy this: https://www.caranddriver.com/photos...elby-gt350-heritage-edition-revealed-gallery/

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Okay, now that that’s settled, what’s everyone having for dinner? :cwl:

Topdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Os
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Gt Convertible 2021 (TBA)

My car for reference:

Matte PPF example:

IMG_2757.png

IMG_2752.png

IMG_2747.png
Knowing people the way i do you have already decided. You're going black don't double guess yourself. Don't live regret.

- leave your money on the fridge maaaate.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT

Maybe you could use some new black on your car, with a red pinstripe.

You could put Mach 1-style stripes on it, as long as it doesn't say "Mach 1" on your car. Matte black hood stripes with a red outline seem like a great contrast with shiny white paint, and I'm pretty sure BigWorm sells that.

...And if anyone accuses you of false advertising, they probably don't know enough for you to care what they think. 🤷‍♂️