Collection Day

Ontheedge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019 K6383
Very nice car. Happy driving. Cant wait until my Bullitt arives.
Congrats :like:
Sponsored

Stellify78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC40
That is a beauty!!! Colour and Stripe combo are stunning!

Hope you get miles of smiles from her!

OP
OP
miketango

miketango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi all, thanks for your commentsā€¦

Iā€™ve managed to rack up 200ish miles in two days and happy to report that Iā€™m really very impressed. It seems that everywhere I go someone either wants to talk to me about it or just grins at the car. Old news for you guys but the car attracts a lot of positive attention, I was expecting some but not this much! I bet I wouldnā€™t have had neighbours knocking on my door if Iā€™d have bought another German hot hatch!

Iā€™ve not really played around with the different drive modes but I think Iā€™ve fiddled about to know what does what (I ought to read the handbook but always seem to end up just prodding buttons).

I canā€™t report back on the B&O as the engine/exhaust note is so amazing that Iā€˜ve hardly touched it. I would like to know how to back out of Apple Carplay & return to normal radio though?
I also had the sync3 system crash on me today but managed to reset it by holding a couple of buttons down for 5 secs.

The 10 sp transmission seems good and operates in a similar way to the Golfā€™s DSG. Since Iā€™m still running in I havenā€™t worked it hard enough to pass comment but itā€™s feeling good so far. The handling is amazing, it feels quite heavy at the front at slow speeds but on a country back road it feels a lot lighter and surprisingly nimble.

I have two just mods planned so far which are the hood struts and black fender 5.0 badges. I also would prefer red tail lights but realise that this isnā€™t straight forward.

Lastly, I just want to say big thanks to everyone who has contributed to this forum. This place has been a fantastic resource over the last 18 months when I decided I was bored of German cars. This has been the longest Iā€™ve ever waited for a new car but the forum kept me going. Also, special thanks to Eclipsar who provided some really helpful info via private messages.

Cheers guys,

Ian

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10

I canā€™t report back on the B&O as the engine/exhaust note is so amazing that Iā€˜ve hardly touched it. I would like to know how to back out of Apple Carplay & return to normal radio though?

I have two just mods planned so far which are the hood struts and black fender 5.0 badges. I also would prefer red tail lights but realise that this isnā€™t straight forward.

Cheers guys,

Ian
If you press sync icon it should return to normal screen, red rears can be tinted quite easy
@Manders Mustang has a kit to do this. Glad you really enjoy the new car and the attention it brings

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Top motor mate. I have the Kona but would have jumped at the velocity if the darker blue wasn't an option.

Sponsored

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
You should also swap all your interior lights and your backup light for leds.
At night the crisp white light they produce complements the pony on the ground and makes the interior look $1M

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT

This has been the longest Iā€™ve ever waited for a new car but the forum kept me going. Also, special thanks to Eclipsar who provided some really helpful info via private messages.

Cheers guys,

Ian
You are welcome, pleased I could help :like:

, red rears can be tinted
@Manders Mustang has a kit to do this. Glad you really enjoy the new car and the attention it brings
I think Manders can only do 15-17 tail lights

OP
OP
miketango

miketango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
You should also swap all your interior lights and your backup light for leds.
At night the crisp white light they produce complements the pony on the ground and makes the interior look $1M
That sounds like a great idea, thanks for the tip.

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2017, Ford Fiesta ST200.
. It seems that everywhere I go someone either wants to talk to me about it or just grins at the car. Old news for you guys but the car attracts a lot of positive attention, I was expecting some but not this much! I bet I wouldnā€™t have had neighbours knocking on my door if Iā€™d have bought another German hot hatch!

Ian
Yes they get a lot of attention, everytime I fill up I get a comment. I've had a few.coments that go.... "Hey, that's nice car, I've always loved Aston's". That's both flatering an insulting at the same time. I get lots of thumbs up on the road and flashed headlights. Very little German will get you that kind of attention.... I was recently parked next to an Audi RS6 and everyone was taking pictures of my car. I was looking at the RS6 myself.

AndyT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium X
That looks amazing, I've just ordered a GT in velocity blue in the last couple of weeks, tempted to amend my order to add white stripes as it looks fantastic on your car, congrats.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
If you press sync icon it should return to normal screen, red rears can be tinted quite easy
not for a MY18 I don't, if OP wants a set of reds, and has a few hours, i'll make him a set free of charge for being the "demo" set for the new tail lights (I maybe able to make the current ones work, but haven't tried or had a mY18 to my hands to test)

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
Gorgeous car! Enjoy the drive. That color looks amazing in all kinds of light.
Sponsored