The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I was hoping that Chrysler would bring the srt8 back in to the UK when the Mustang arrived but they decided to pull out of the UK altogether :lol:
See, there's an odd one, a hellcat would throw the tiniest spanner in the wor and get all of 5 minutes consideration. I'm not the biggest fan of it.
I don't like the look of the challengers/chargers or Camaro's compared to the Mustang. A Corvette z06 stingray would get a looking, maybe, but as a second car to the 'stang.

That being said, i've seen two Challengers around where I live, a Lime green mide 2000's challenger and then a much older pre 80s grey looking one (my challenger knowledge is limited). I'm still yet to see a single Mustang on UK roads.
Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
See, there's an odd one, a hellcat would throw the tiniest spanner in the wor and get all of 5 minutes consideration. I'm not the biggest fan of it.
I don't like the look of the challengers/chargers or Camaro's compared to the Mustang. A Corvette z06 stingray would get a looking, maybe, but as a second car to the 'stang.

That being said, i've seen two Challengers around where I live, a Lime green mide 2000's challenger and then a much older pre 80s grey looking one (my challenger knowledge is limited). I'm still yet to see a single Mustang on UK roads.
Never been a Challenger fan, but would not mind giving the Dodge Charger Hellcat a go :D probably would not like the price though, I think the Mustang is a stunning car and at a great price :) But I would not mind giving a Corvette ago along with a Viper :D

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
I can honestly say I would have any of them. I just LOVE American Muscle Cars

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Never been a Challenger fan, but would not mind giving the Dodge Charger Hellcat a go :D probably would not like the price though, I think the Mustang is a stunning car and at a great price :) But I would not mind giving a Corvette ago along with a Viper :D
Vette's (z06/z07 package) and Vipers sit in a whole new league, sit them next to the GT350R, and that's more of a 'fair' toss up, would be hard to choose, would deffo have any of the 3 as a weekend toy, not sure on the price point, but the second with additions we're talking the 100-130 mark, i'd be getting a used Mclaren mp4-12c, or hunting for a hardly-used Mac 570s/new mac 570s.

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
I was hoping that Chrysler would bring the srt8 back in to the UK when the Mustang arrived but they decided to pull out of the UK altogether :lol:
How has the 300 been? I bought a Nitro for my wife which we've just sold (after 6 years). It's been pretty good, but then got some gremlins, like door locks failing - thankfully whilst door was unlocked (but know of several that have one this with the door closed!!!). Getting parts is getting harder and Fiat are useless.

Decided to quit whilst all was good (replaced rear door lock) and get rid. Shame as it was an honest old beast and great for taking a battering from the kids.

The experience has put me off Mopar though. Check pretty much any part and it has 'Made in Mexico' on it. Sadly it shows :(

Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Vette's (z06/z07 package) and Vipers sit in a whole new league, sit them next to the GT350R, and that's more of a 'fair' toss up, would be hard to choose, would deffo have any of the 3 as a weekend toy, not sure on the price point, but the second with additions we're talking the 100-130 mark, i'd be getting a used Mclaren mp4-12c, or hunting for a hardly-used Mac 570s/new mac 570s.
As you say price would be the killer on those cars and you would start looking at other things

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
How has the 300 been? I bought a Nitro for my wife which we've just sold (after 6 years). It's been pretty good, but then got some gremlins, like door locks failing - thankfully whilst door was unlocked (but know of several that have one this with the door closed!!!). Getting parts is getting harder and Fiat are useless.

Decided to quit whilst all was good (replaced rear door lock) and get rid. Shame as it was an honest old beast and great for taking a battering from the kids.

The experience has put me off Mopar though. Check pretty much any part and it has 'Made in Mexico' on it. Sadly it shows :(
The 300c 5.7 has never had a thing go wrong with and have had it since new and she is 10 year old, comparing that to my newer 300c diesel made by Fiat, 1st day I had it I floored it and the whole dash lit up and the fly by wire throttle sensor had gone, wanted 6 weeks to get a new one, had to take one of another new car to get mine going, then 6 months later the power steering pump decide to drop all its fluid while parked in the drive, again a long wait for parts, but on the bright side the spec on the new one is unbelievable, tons of toys, Alpine stereo, DVD player and heated and cooled seats and cup holders, leather everywhere along with 20" rims as standard, the difference between the two 300 interiors is considerable, would of loved to have bought another 5.7 instead of a diesel but they would not bring them into the country, so had to go with the diesel. 5.7 is a stunning engine and would give great mile per gallon on the motorway at good speeds

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
Mandy

come on this isn't top trumps. The viper is no where near the league of the vette and GT350. It is a bus of a car and needs some serious work to get going anywhere near as good as it looks. The Vette is very under estimated over here - Go and drive either one... oh i forgot 400 bhp is useless and pointless...

Just fyi - you can buy a GT350 in the EU for under 70K it is 911 money. The three cars are all similar price points in the US. you have f#$% all chance of get any MC' car at the level's you quote.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Mandy

come on this isn't top trumps. The viper is no where near the league of the vette and GT350. It is a bus of a car and needs some serious work to get going anywhere near as good as it looks. The Vette is very under estimated over here - Go and drive either one... oh i forgot 400 bhp is useless and pointless...

Just fyi - you can buy a GT350 in the EU for under 70K it is 911 money. The three cars are all similar price points in the US. you have f#$% all chance of get any MC' car at the level's you quote.
Aim wasn't top trumps, just to bring out a different view with how the topic was going.

Depends what we were talking, i was infering the league 'above' the GT/Camaro/Challenger, which i'd personally be classing as the above but not exclusive to them. The 'extras' quoted included making the car's 'perfect' (aftermarket and stock extras).
I've drove a Z06. You'd be surprised the cars i've driven for a 21 year old. I know the Z07 pack is the 'bumper' up from that, so dropped it in there, however the Z06 as a car, is incredible, it handles well, it looks the business, it seems well balance and it just moves, sounds incredible etc.
Now now, 400+ is not useless and pointless, more excessive and hard to use all of on a standard UK road, if you're tracking it, it's different.

GT350R and GT350 are different for one, I can pick up a used MC12C for just under 110k. As for the 570S, new they're dropping at 143k (NEW - Base) if i'm not mistaken. As I quoted 100-130k for a Mclaren, I think i'm well within my rights to find them in that category, here's some USED MP4-12C's in the range http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/...ew/radius/1500/onesearchad/used,nearlynew,new - incase you don't believe me.

I'm including the entire price, from buying in state/or through a dealer and importing to the UK. A dodge will set you back near to 100k, GT350R you'd be hard to even come by on the resale market, a Z06 will set you back around the 100k mark as well. we're talking brand new vs used mclarens by the way.

Again, not top trumps.

Sponsored

RandyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Muscle Car Lover

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
That'll be until he sees the new Jaguar F type SVT. Omg......They did a great job.
I remember driving a 1974 XKE V12. Half car half airplane lol. And you all think V8's are the rage......

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Oops, I meant SVR.
Sponsored