Sponsored

Engine Chirp on Cold Start

mad murph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Fighter Jet Grey Mach 1
Hi

I have posted a question in the engine section of the forum but wondered if any UK members have this issue.
Upon cold start the engine makes a chirping noise which appears to be coming from the front where the pulleys and belts are. Once the car has warmed up the noise appears to stop.
There is a TSB currently in the US for a chirping noise when the engine is hot so this doesn’t really cover it.
I am worried that if I leave it it will cause damage but I also doubt like the though of Ford ripping the front part of the engine apart.

I would have put a small vid but I can only appear to upload pictures.

Thanks

John
Sponsored

Andy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 race red gt

Mine does it when cold.sounds just like this video

OP
OP
mad murph

mad murph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If its the same fix as the TSB its an 8 hour job...
Yeah thats the same as mine.

I have seen the TSB but the problem is it is not showing on the European system so the dealers will not recognise the TSB code and could be an issue getting them to carry out any work.

Andy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 race red gt
Yeah thats the same as mine.

I have seen the TSB but the problem is it is not showing on the European system so the dealers will not recognise the TSB code and could be an issue getting them to carry out any work.
I am going to try and get mine booked in when Ford reopens.i have had it 18 months now and obviously need it looking at before the warranty runs out..mine seems to go away after a few mins when its warmed a bit

Sponsored

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
best thing to do next time you fire it up is get a water bottle filled with water. Then when you fire the car up, throw some water on the belt (initially pretty much everywhere) if the noise goes away, you know where the noise is coming from. Then, its a process of elimination say at the water pump pulley first etc. Do this at each start up until the noise goes away and you will have your area, its not the phaser chirp which that TSB is for imho. way too loud. The phaser chirp is much much much quieter and the TSB applies to gen 3 coyote I believe (referring to the video)

It sounds like a pully/belt to me

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
that sounds like a simple tensioner pulley bearing dried out the water idea would help you identify which one

OP
OP
mad murph

mad murph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
best thing to do next time you fire it up is get a water bottle filled with water. Then when you fire the car up, throw some water on the belt (initially pretty much everywhere) if the noise goes away, you know where the noise is coming from. Then, its a process of elimination say at the water pump pulley first etc. Do this at each start up until the noise goes away and you will have your area, its not the phaser chirp which that TSB is for imho. way too loud. The phaser chirp is much much much quieter and the TSB applies to gen 3 coyote I believe (referring to the video)

It sounds like a pully/belt to me
Mine is a 2019 so a Gen 3 Coyote, and falls within the build dates quoted so should be relevant to me. :please:

MattBullitt1996

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
was there any resolution to this? I have a noticeable chirp on cold start on my UK 2019 Bullitt.
Sponsored