Sponsored

Cold Feet

RoyalGuard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Not sure whether to buy a M4 or keep my Mustang GT Order! Having second doubts! Arghhhhhh!

Talk some sense into me!
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
We've been through this before. If you're having doubts then maybe the Mustang isn't for you ;)

Mustang1878

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 Black Fastback C/P
Lol is this the 2nd time you've had 2nd thoughts about this purchase?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
How much have you got to spend?

Do you want to look like every other BMW?

Do you want to stand out?

Do you know how to use your blinkers/indicators?

In short, if you need talking out of cold feet, have you made the right choice?

Sponsored

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I turned down a brand new BMW with a HEFTY discount. Even with this I couldn't have stretched to the M4, but if the price was comparable I would have still gone with the Mustang. The M4 is a much better car in so many ways but it just didn't tick that box that doesn't even have a label.

If you analyse it too much it's easy to talk yourself out of the Mustang, but in the words of the great Bruce Lee, "Don't think about it. Feeeeeel!"

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Never had so many young women look at me, and I'm the wrong side of 55 ;)

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Lol is this the 2nd time you've had 2nd thoughts about this purchase?
Think it was someone else the first time. I just believe that if you're not totally enveloped in the whole Mustang "thing" then you better be addicted to V8s and hard plastic ;)

Do you know how to use your blinkers/indicators?
Every time... :D

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Think it was someone else the first time. I just believe that if you're not totally enveloped in the whole Mustang "thing" then you better be addicted to V8s and hard plastic ;)

Every time... :D
Steve you're nullified from this conversation, your profile picture IS a BMW.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Steve you're nullified from this conversation, your profile picture IS a BMW.
lol, yeah and can you see how worried it looks. It knows it's days are numbered ;)

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Not sure whether to buy a M4 or keep my Mustang GT Order! Having second doubts! Arghhhhhh!

Talk some sense into me!
What floats your boat about the M4? If it's something the Mustang doesn't have then buy the M4, because you're BMW guy. The ÂŁ20k spare cash from buying the Mustang however can go a long way. But no amount of money can make the BMW into a Mustang. And there will always be more BMWs.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
What floats your boat about the M4? If it's something the Mustang doesn't have then buy the M4, because you're BMW guy. The ÂŁ20k spare cash from buying the Mustang however can go a long way. But no amount of money can make the BMW into a Mustang. And there will always be more BMWs.
To be fair to the M4, my neighbour has one, it's nice, it sounds nice, but it's not 61k new, nice (Specced up to - 70'odd grand), for what it gives you, spec wise:
4.1 sec 0-60
8.6 sec 0-100
425BHP from a 3L Twin Turbo Straight Six
406lb/ft torque @ sub 2kRPM

However, if you want to compete (and by compete, i mean annihilate) with the M4 'spec' wise.

Buy your GT, V8, smash a whipple onto it, a few handling extra's etc (Basically 8-10k of mods), Save yourself the extra 15k from buying the M4, and have a car people will actually give a sh1t about, rather than people looking at a BMW and going 'Its just another twat in a BMW'*. Also that GT with 8-10k of mods will annihilate all 'M' spec cars, most 'RS/Quattros' on the road etc. Oh and it'll be unique.

But really, We shouldn't have to 'Sell' the Mustang to you, if you don't want it, Get the M4. @ RoyalGuard

*This might just be me.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
To be fair to the M4, my neighbour has one, it's nice, it sounds nice, but it's not 61k new, nice (Specced up to - 70'odd grand), for what it gives you, spec wise:
4.1 sec 0-60
8.6 sec 0-100
425BHP from a 3L Twin Turbo Straight Six
406lb/ft torque @ sub 2kRPM

However, if you want to compete (and by compete, i mean annihilate) with the M4 'spec' wise.

Buy your GT, V8, smash a whipple onto it, a few handling extra's etc (Basically 8-10k of mods), Save yourself the extra 15k from buying the M4, and have a car people will actually give a sh1t about, rather than people looking at a BMW and going 'Its just another twat in a BMW'*. Also that GT with 8-10k of mods will annihilate all 'M' spec cars, most 'RS/Quattros' on the road etc. Oh and it'll be unique.

But really, We shouldn't have to 'Sell' the Mustang to you, if you don't want it, Get the M4. @ RoyalGuard

*This might just be me.

Be careful to not just fall for paper specs.

UK roads in wet and cold weather a Mustang with all the money thrown at it would still get it's backside handed to it by even a Golf R32, Audi RS3 because traction is everything over horsepower. The Mustang really struggles to put power down in cold/wet condition, similar for most RWD cars, even the M4 struggles but the M4 has a lot more trickery up its sleave to help get the power down, the DCT gear box for one, M-differential.

The Mustang to unleash its full performance is very much a dry weather car, yes you can hustle it in the wet but you'd need to be quite talented behind the wheel to drive it very fast, otherwise RWD, big torque and big weight simply to not mix well with wet conditions.

Now on a dry Summer's day with your new wheels, new tyres, whipple supercharger, handling modifications and a half decent driver, yes your going to be all over that M4, except from maybe a standing start, because doing 4.1s to 60mph and 7.8s to 100mph in the M4 is very easy with DCT gearbox, simply floor it and hold on, the DCT does the rest. You'd need an AUTO Mustang to have half a chance off the line, us manual owners have got very little chance, but we would soon catch up that M4 and pass it with our 700+ horsepower.

Just don't get blinded by paper specifications, there are some incredibly fast hot hatches on the market now that with there 300-400BHP and AWD systems can easily pressure a more powerful RWD in poor weather conditions as they can put the power down, they have more grip and are more confident inspiring in such conditions.

However back to the OP, yes the M4 is a good car, but it has a poo engine, sorry it has no character and for me a car is built around its engine, so Mustang with a V8 all round and as said with the 25-30k you save, buy a Whipple 800BHP kit, do the OPG/Billet engine upgrades, do FRPP suspension kit or KW coilovers, new lighter wheels with some sticky MPSS tyres, exhaust and some other modifications. The result could be an 800BHP Mustang, with more grip, less weight and if you go AUTO a car that will run 10.5s quarters with 130+ terminals with relative ease. I'd be doing this and you will still have 10k+ change in your pocket and a car that is so much more than an M4 and more unique.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] Was waiting for you to get your teeth in this and trample all over us with your Car knowledge :bow:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Talk some sense into me!
I hate to say it buddy but if you have doubts then it's probably not the car for you. It *should* be a no brainer of a decision IMO. If you are torn between the M4 and the Stang then chances are even if you do go for the GT, the you will end up with an M4 eventually.

I ordered my Mustang without ever having sat in one, and my own was the first which was pretty cool. It has a character like nothing else on the road. Just the idea of having one has always been a passion of mine & that just made it more rewarding when I finally got the keys. Owning one is about more than how it looks & drives, it just feels special. Sure to some, the M4 is a far superior car. But for me there is nothing better than a Mustang... If you can't say that last part then I would go for the M4 ;)
Sponsored