But does a tune void the warranty?

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
I’m not sure. I’m sure if u used a plug and play tuner u can install and uninstall if you have to bring it in for service. But I could be wrong this is my first stang.

OP
OP
Broid

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
I’m not sure. I’m sure if u used a plug and play tuner u can install and uninstall if you have to bring it in for service. But I could be wrong this is my first stang.

My first too, that's why I've been spending so much time here. This forum is a wealth of information and helpful people.

SchnellGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
If you are worried about the warranty I wouldn’t mess with a time. Would love for someone to prove how it can be undetectable but pretty sure they can tell when the engine runs outside of stock parameters

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
If you have a good relationship with your dealership, ask the Service Manager if they will deny any warranty work on your car, should you decide to have a custom tune done on it and have to bring it in for some reason.

Aside from that, the only mods that can be easily done and reversed on your car (if need be), without risking a warranty denial are: Cat back exhaust, x or h-pipe and a CAI kit (a no tune required version).

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure that as soon as you close the hood you have e a closed air box. I’m not in front of my car at the moment but feel like I recall seeing the indentations on the under hood lining from the air box surround (i.e., it closes tight enough to form a seal)

That's the idea, reality is after a while the foam/rubber seal breaks, down looses its shape, flatten.

The indent remains, the seal part not so much .

The Roush is a good product ...& tune

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
I put one on my GT500 and even have a video on it and honestly really cant tell any difference. But I like the idea of a different look and the engine bay having a different look. But truly I don’t think your going to see a huge difference. And I add a video of me getting my GT500 back after I sold her and the owner took it back to stock.

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
But does a tune void the warranty?
Just FYI there was a Youtuber with a GT350 that had her engine blow on her and Ford refused to honor the warranty because they noticed that she had an aftermarket CAI (she reinstalled the stock one before taking it to the dealership and it was suspiciously clean) which then led them to check for a tune (she had taken it back to stock but the check sum didn't match) and they voided the warranty on that basis.

In my personal opinion there is no need to do anything to these engines other than the Airraid/FP filter and the catch cans. An aftermarket CAI won't do you any good and with the hood closed the stock intake becomes a closed in box anyway (if the paint rub marks on my hood are any indication).

If you insist on aftermarket mods then perhaps consider lighter wheels and get rid of the 60lbs (with tires) boat anchors that you have on each corner right now. That will liven up the car more than any CAI ever will.

Last edited:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Just FYI there was a Youtuber with a GT350 that had her engine blow on her and Ford refused to honor the warranty because they noticed that she had an aftermarket CAI (she reinstalled the stock one before taking it to the dealership and it was suspiciously clean) which then led them to check for a tune (she had taken it back to stock but the check sum didn't match) and they voided the warranty on that basis.

In my personal opinion there is no need to do anything to these engines other than the Airraid/FP filter and the catch cans. An aftermarket CAI won't do you any good and with the hood closed the stock intake becomes a closed in box anyway (if the paint rub marks on my hood are any indication).

If you insist on aftermarket mods then perhaps consider lighter wheels and get rid of the 60lbs (with tires) boat anchors that you have on each corner right now. That will liven up the car more than any CAI ever will.
Great Info.! Some of us are willing to risk foregoing the warranty for more power, but for those that aren’t, this info is spot on. Choose wisely which road you will travel.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Broid

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350

Good reply, thanks Matt

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I have the Ford Performance M-9603-M8B "Mustang Calibration." It comes with a CAI, a larger throttle body, and a ProCal 4 tune. It increases power and torque, and it seems to rev faster too. Closing the hood seals off the filter; it takes in air through the front.

It's 50-state legal, and it's covered by your warranty if you have it installed by a dealer.

OP
OP
Broid

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
I have the Ford Performance M-9603-M8B "Mustang Calibration." It comes with a CAI, a larger throttle body, and a ProCal 4 tune. It increases power and torque, and it seems to rev faster too. Closing the hood seals off the filter; it takes in air through the front.

It's 50-state legal, and it's covered by your warranty if you have it installed by a dealer.

Checking it out...

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Oops. Sorry, I didn't notice that.
Sponsored